Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 PM
ParanoidAndroid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah..so this ones pretty much trashed.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:33 AM
iridelow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like them and are keeping them on, it makes my z different from every other white "plain jane" z out there. For those who like them, thanks for the the thumbs up, for those who don't thanks for your input as well. For those who just made crude remarks without any decent reason or suggestions, who cares, those remarks don't mean anything in my book. Thanks, enjoy your z the way you want to...
Old 07-22-2013, 05:47 AM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Old 07-22-2013, 09:40 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by iridelow
I like them and are keeping them on, it makes my z different from every other white "plain jane" z out there. For those who like them, thanks for the the thumbs up, for those who don't thanks for your input as well. For those who just made crude remarks without any decent reason or suggestions, who cares, those remarks don't mean anything in my book. Thanks, enjoy your z the way you want to...
Great post!

Stripes are not my thing, but I respect the car and the work put in.

I think most people say things are ricey because they do not like it, but that is not the meaning of rice.

IMO, rice consists of very cheap mods that mean nothing and make a car look stupid or sound bad, etc.

If you installed the stripes yourself and did a poor job, I would consider that rice, but since these were professionally installed and came out great, it is just another style.

It is funny because people that buy knockoff ebay exhausts and fake wheels will call your car rice, but will the defend the crap out of their cheap shitty mods.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Haters gonna hate" refers to few individuals' opinion where they dislike something vs the majority that are for it.

If most people disagree with your views, the collective majority are not being "haters". We just pointing out the issues.

This is your car so do what you want to do, but like others have said here, stripes don't really belong on the Z (unless you racing your car).

And showing off all the cars you've owned in the past with racing stripes doesn't make it any better. If a ponytail look good on girls, should all guys start sporting ponytails?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:44 AM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Great post!

I think most people say things are ricey because they do not like it, but that is not the meaning of rice.

IMO, rice consists of very cheap mods that mean nothing and make a car look stupid or sound bad, etc.

If you installed the stripes yourself and did a poor job, I would consider that rice, but since these were professionally installed and came out great, it is just another style.

It is funny because people that buy knockoff ebay exhausts and fake wheels will call your car rice, but will the defend the crap out of their cheap shitty mods.
so long lambo doors are installed professionally its good to go then and not rice?
Old 07-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Chrome wheels, racing stripes, now you just need a chrome gas cap and a chain link license plate frame and it will look like you got the limited edition hillbilly package from the factory. Blue "supercharged" Z guy with the fake blower still has you beat though.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:29 AM
SQuaLZ

Originally Posted by saywat?
so long lambo doors are installed professionally its good to go then and not rice?
If it is a quality part that was installed right I do not consider it rice. Now I hate lambo doors, but over the past few years I have been a little more open to other people's styles. Just because I don't like it or majority of people don't like it doesn't make it rice. It is about the quality of the part. That being said, most, and I say most, not all, quality parts are not ricey. Look, almost every bodykit for the Z that is hideous is made by crap companies who make shitty replica parts.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:33 AM
SQuaLZ

To clarify, this is rice...

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...st-period.html
Old 07-23-2013, 03:50 AM
iridelow

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Great post!

Well put!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:42 PM
saywat?

lmao at the username "iridelow". must mean driving with the seat leaning back and at the lowest setting?
Old 07-24-2013, 11:42 AM
350Z Project X

Thanks, the haters will always hate...I do not like just plain white on any car....I bought the car because it was in great condition and the price was right, but the color was not. To me, this makes the plain white look much better. the graphic designer knows what he is doing and took the time to make the stripes fit the lines of the car. I have two tone black and gray interrior and the stripes look great in person because you can see the interrior with the outside of the car. Thanks for the thumbs up! haters, keep on hating, you don't own or drive the car, but you have your opinion that I asked for,,,so thanks to all...
wrap the car instead maybe in the color you want

stripes on a Z =
their just meant for mustangs
Just like how BMW's have the one single stripe on the top left side of some of their cars
Old 07-25-2013, 04:29 AM
iridelow

Originally Posted by 350Z Project X
wrap the car instead maybe in the color you want

stripes on a Z =
their just meant for mustangs
Just like how BMW's have the one single stripe on the top left side of some of their cars
Who made a law that reads only mustangs and camaros can have stripes???That is stupid! If we all had, say black cars, life would be borring. I want a car that looks different than every other z out there. If you don't like stripes, then don't put them on your car. I had three mustangs over the years and guess what, no stripes on any of them. two of my 7 vettes I had did have stripes, the other 5 did not. When the no stripes on z cars law comes into affect, I will remove them.....
Old 07-25-2013, 05:21 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. You can wear a bold striped tie with a bold striped shirt, but you shouldn't (cause it looks like ***). See?

Last edited by Phenom; 07-25-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:56 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 456 Likes on 370 Posts

My two camaro's did not have stripes and the 4 mustangs I had over the years,
I had three mustangs over the years and guess what, no stripes on any of them.
Which is it. 3 or 4?
Old 07-25-2013, 07:35 AM
iridelow

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Which is it. 3 or 4?
4, but I tend not to count my "mustang II" I had in high school...which did not have stripes!!!!!The other three were all 5.0's

Last edited by iridelow; 07-25-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:39 AM
saywat?

old people suck
Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

It's not a big deal.. You'll just have to deal with being laughed at kinda like that blue 350z on YouTube who had a huge wing, fake hood scoops, and a bunch of chrome crap on the body of his car... You'll just be in the category with him but yeah not a big deal
Old 07-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Originally Posted by saywat?
old people suck
Thats too harsh. They don't suck, they just typically suck at modding cars. They're bad at keeping up with current styles while avoiding outdated ones, as well as keeping domestic inspired mods and trends away from imports.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

The iconic racing stripe is surely one of America’s greatest gifts the automotive world and the origins were not born of the moonshine’ era or out of the muscle car heyday. Back in the quaint days of yesteryear, racecars in international competition were assigned a color dependent on the home country of the team. Italy was red, Germany was silver, USA was white with a blue trim. Briggs Cunningham, bon vivant, mega yacht racer, racecar driver, team owner, car constructor extraordinaire was super popular on the Le Mans circuit in the late 40s and early 50s. Hating the idea of slopping an extra ½ pound of blue paint on his bevy of brilliant lightweight Cunningham sports-racing cars he conceived the use of two centerline-racing stripes. This put the slightly heavier two-tone paint job to a practical use. A driver spinning the car on a corner exit could sight down the longitudinal stripes to quickly get the car reoriented to the track, thus saving precious time. For many years this style of striping was referred to as Le Mans stripes. So whether or not it suits your taste, this style of racing stripe has proper sports car provenance.

There is no need to check with the Google machine for the validity of these facts, as I’m considered a higher source.

Last edited by Jennifer 2; 07-25-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Quick Reply: New racing stripes...Pics inside!