Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing rear windshield wiper wire and fuse

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 12:45 AM
TsM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing rear windshield wiper wire and fuse

So I removed my rear windshield wiper without a problem, now I'm trying to clean it up. What's left over is the wire that led to the wiper motor and the fuse.

1. Can anyone tell me where the rear wiper fuse is, and would removing it affect my front wipers as well?

2. Where does the wiper motor wire lead to and how difficult would it be to remove it?

3. I'd also like to remove the rear wiper fluid nozzle as well as the fuse because it would be annoying accidentally hitting that and not having a wiper to clear the window.

I tried searching but didn't come up with much. I have an 07 if that helps. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:08 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by TsM
So I removed my rear windshield wiper without a problem, now I'm trying to clean it up. What's left over is the wire that led to the wiper motor and the fuse.

1. Can anyone tell me where the rear wiper fuse is, and would removing it affect my front wipers as well?

2. Where does the wiper motor wire lead to and how difficult would it be to remove it?

3. I'd also like to remove the rear wiper fluid nozzle as well as the fuse because it would be annoying accidentally hitting that and not having a wiper to clear the window.

I tried searching but didn't come up with much. I have an 07 if that helps. Thanks.
I removed my rear wiper and didn't remove any fuses. I just taped the wire to the trunk lid and left it in place. The wiper nozzle is easy to remove. Just use some pliers and pull it our. Put a screw into the end of the hose and tape it in place. It hasn't created any problems that I have noticed.
Attached Thumbnails Removing rear windshield wiper wire and fuse-wiper-plug.jpg   Removing rear windshield wiper wire and fuse-rear-view-small.jpg  
Old 08-06-2013, 08:56 AM
TsM

That's how mine is set up now. I just taped the end but it'll bug me if I don't remove it all completely. I've been meaning to do this for awhile so I thought I'd ask.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:37 AM
The REAL PigPen

Agree with KornerCarver...

I deleted mine over a year ago and did the same thing. Although I found that running the motor wire through some small pipe insulation helped the wire from tapping against the hatch. Just a little FYI incase it comes loose from the tape in hot to cold environments.

The fuse IS a part of the main wiper motor if I am not mistaken so simply plugging the end of the fluid line and then sealing it with some silicone should suffice.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:57 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

I pulled the wire off the washer pump to make sure i could not spray water once the wiper was gone, i later removed to washer tank.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:07 PM
TsM

Are there any guides on here going through a water pump removal, I didn't see one. If not, is the process pretty simple? That's exactly what I want to do. How long did it take you bud
Old 08-06-2013, 04:24 PM
04SilverBulletZ

I also plan on removing my rear wiper nozzle today. Did the wiper delete a couple months ago, and now its time to get rid of that pesky nozzle spray😅. Think instead of taping the hose to my hatch, I'll try to remove that entire hose piece, it seems like if I put a screw at the end of the hose and tape it...that something could possably go wrong when/if I accidently go to use my rear wiper lol and water gets filled in the hose and something bad might happen!!??
Old 08-06-2013, 04:35 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by TsM
Are there any guides on here going through a water pump removal, I didn't see one. If not, is the process pretty simple? That's exactly what I want to do. How long did it take you bud
Move inner fender well to the side, pull plug to water pump, make sure you pulled the proper plug. There are two pumps, one for the front , one for the back.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:10 PM
TsM

Originally Posted by 04SilverBulletZ
I also plan on removing my rear wiper nozzle today. Did the wiper delete a couple months ago, and now its time to get rid of that pesky nozzle spray😅. Think instead of taping the hose to my hatch, I'll try to remove that entire hose piece, it seems like if I put a screw at the end of the hose and tape it...that something could possably go wrong when/if I accidently go to use my rear wiper lol and water gets filled in the hose and something bad might happen!!??
Exactly, that's why I'd rather gut it all out. Less to worry about, and less weight. =) Hell, the wiper motor and blade felt like five unnecessary pounds.