Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power seat rails to manual seat rails?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 07:09 PM
cnubs03red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seat rails to manual seat rails?

I have an 06 base coupe of course with the cloth manual non airbag seats. I got some seats from an 06 roadster the Orange and black power heated vented ones with the air bag. I was wondering is there anyway I could install them keeping the manual sliding rails. Also does anyone know how to remove the airbag or do I even need to worry about it since it won't be hooked up? I really would prefer them to be good ole reliable manual seats so I don't have to worry about switches in the future!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:24 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,674 Posts

Well the airbag is no big deal, the rails, no idea, never tried.

Put them side by side and look is my suggestion
Old 07-12-2015, 11:42 AM
cnubs03red

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Well the airbag is no big deal, the rails, no idea, never tried.

Put them side by side and look is my suggestion
That's probably what I'm going to end up doing that or just taking the seat cushions off and swapping them out
Old 02-15-2021, 03:28 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bumping an old thread. Does anyone know if the roadster seats can fit onto the manual rails/frame? I have a pair of roadster seats and want to switch it over to the manual rail system I have in my base model, but don't want to disassemble my manual seats to find out it doesn't work. I know the passenger seat folding mechanism is different (manual release cable in coupe vs electric in the roadster) but I can always slide up the passenger seat so keeping that function doesn't matter to me.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:04 PM
NismoKid

I did the conversion today on my passenger side. Had to cut a piece of metal on the left front that supports the cushion on the manual seats. The roadster switches get in the way of it since they have no cushion there (cut out) and don't need that extra piece of metal to support it. Otherwise it bolted up fine.

Top (black) frame is the power seat with lower side profile on the front left. Bottom (silver) frame is the manual seat with taller part on left front to support thigh part of seat cushion. Roadster has a cut out there for switches and no cushion.

cut it off

all done
Old 06-19-2021, 06:10 PM
NismoKid

One other thing is I cut the metal cable that lets you fold the passenger manual seat while sitting in the driver seat. I did not wire up my new roadster seat at all so the buttons back there to fold it down don't do anything. I can manually slide the passenger seat forward while sitting in the driver seat to get access back there if needed.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:09 AM
scanz87

Originally Posted by NismoKid
One other thing is I cut the metal cable that lets you fold the passenger manual seat while sitting in the driver seat. I did not wire up my new roadster seat at all so the buttons back there to fold it down don't do anything. I can manually slide the passenger seat forward while sitting in the driver seat to get access back there if needed.
I have manual cloth seats and I want to swap my burnt black/orange convertible seats onto the manual rack.

Other then what you mentioned ,do I just hook /swap the power seats on the manual rack normally? Is there something else I need to do or look out for specifically the passenger seat?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks