Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eyelids and tailight reflector overlays...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 01:58 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rodH
I actually think it BEST without anyspoiler or lip, of course that is just me, I don't like the old M3 with a wing, I hate porsche's with wings, I don't like wings on 360 modena's, etc.....but there are some cars that I like them on I guess, the new M3 has a very small/classy lip and the old Z32 TT looks much better than a non-turbo because of the rear spoiler (maybe because with these cars the rear spoiler actually means you have the REAL car (ie-real M3 vs a 3 series or a TT vs a NA Z) I don't know? I don't mind the Z's lip, but prefer it without it, I HATE the spoiler on the G35coupe though.
But you don't count!!!
Not everyone has 19 in wheels with an aggressive lip to beef up the look on the back of the Z.

Alot of folks don't have a spoiler to make a statement with their aftermarket ensemble...i think that looks fine.
However, the stock plus non spoiler look just...It looks too bare for some reason. This is just my perspective.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:05 PM
rodH

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
But you don't count!!!
Not everyone has 19 in wheels with an aggressive lip to beef up the look on the back of the Z.

Alot of folks don't have a spoiler to make a statement with their aftermarket ensemble...i think that looks fine.
However, the stock plus non spoiler look just...It looks too bare for some reason. This is just my perspective.
interesting you brought up the wheels, cars with Body kits and smaller wheels look even worse, the body kits makes a car look more massive, which makes the wheels look even smaller and more tucked inside the wheel well. Maybe it is just me
Old 02-21-2004, 02:13 PM
ZXiMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on getting a Data Systems wing. I really like that one alot...subtle, without any upward angle..just flat and slightly longer than stock. and believe it or not, I am pretty conservative as far as *looks* are concerned. I do like to be different, but I'm definately not a fan of 3ft tall wings, body kits, CF hoods and all the bennihana cr*p...lol
Old 02-21-2004, 02:24 PM
juhko

The headlight overlays are tolerable, but the rears definitely detract from the Z's trademark rear-end - like bk_r0x said; looks like an AudiTT.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:49 PM
rodH

Originally posted by ZXiMan
I plan on getting a Data Systems wing. I really like that one alot...subtle, without any upward angle..just flat and slightly longer than stock. and believe it or not, I am pretty conservative as far as *looks* are concerned. I do like to be different, but I'm definately not a fan of 3ft tall wings, body kits, CF hoods and all the bennihana cr*p...lol
I do agree, look at 2003Z's car, he has that wing with a V1 lip and it looks very very clean. I might someday get the lip and see how it looks on my set up, I tend to also like a subtle lip without a wing as well as with a very mild/subtle wing.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:17 PM
ZXiMan

I pulled the brake light reflector overlays off....

I saw it from an angle I hadn't seen before and it made the rear look frumpy....oh well, I'll take some more pictures when I get the wing installed and the PIAAs
Old 02-21-2004, 11:08 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

EVO-R Headlight cover.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:36 PM
35oZephyR

Originally posted by rodH
interesting you brought up the wheels, cars with Body kits and smaller wheels look even worse, the body kits makes a car look more massive, which makes the wheels look even smaller and more tucked inside the wheel well. Maybe it is just me
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I cringe everytime I see big kits on a car and no wheels to make up for it. On a Z, (unless you're totally concerned about performance and track use) you HAVE to go 18 or 19 or go home! Aesthetically ,our pronounced fenders are beggin for big wheels.

But back to my original point... your car looks good without a spoiler because you're rocking those mean wheels. I have wussy little stock 17's and I couldn't stand not having a spoiler. I was starting to have the "porsche boxster sydrome" wondering which end was the front of my car!
Old 02-22-2004, 01:41 PM
rodH

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
I couldn't stand not having a spoiler. I was starting to have the "porsche boxster sydrome" wondering which end was the front of my car!
Old 03-07-2004, 08:00 AM
ranger5oh

I dont like the headlights, but the taillights look good! I like it!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Question for all of those who have commented that they DO NOT like the rear brake light overlays.

Do you dislike them because they only covered the front half of the light, or did you dislike them because they were too dark?

I have a set of Bat's vinyl overlays that are "smoked" and not as dark as these on order and they cover the entire light.

Would your opinion change for these?

Like this:
Attached Thumbnails Eyelids and tailight reflector overlays...-smoke-overlays.jpg  
Old 03-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the reason is some people had a very difficult time installing the taillight Overlays. It's not an easy kit to install, particularly the back pieces, but a few member son the board gave some excellent install tips. I doubt the darkness was an issue, because they're really not at all that dark. 6 out of 10 imo on darkness.

Bat™
Old 03-07-2004, 12:38 PM
NismoKid

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Question for all of those who have commented that they DO NOT like the rear brake light overlays.

Do you dislike them because they only covered the front half of the light, or did you dislike them because they were too dark?

I have a set of Bat's vinyl overlays that are "smoked" and not as dark as these on order and they cover the entire light.

Would your opinion change for these?

Like this:
I disliked them because they only covered half of it. Dark-colored Zs look a lot better when the entire brake light is tinted. DrBonz, your Z looks even better, which I thought wasn't possible!
Old 03-07-2004, 12:50 PM
LNWLF

I love everything about the first two cars in this thread...EXCEPT for those headlight overlays. Those overlays make the Z look like the old bug-eyed wrx's.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by NismoKid
I disliked them because they only covered half of it. Dark-colored Zs look a lot better when the entire brake light is tinted. DrBonz, your Z looks even better, which I thought wasn't possible!
I don't make an Overlay for the tails that cover just half the taillight.

Bat™
Old 03-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by NismoKid
The Z in that pic isn't mine. Mine is a Brickyard with: DR BONZ-Z on the plate. I was just using it as an example.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:21 PM
krazE

ZXiMan... i agree with you on how ugly the back tail light looks. i wanted to do the same exact thing so i give you much props. im sure it looks MUCH better in real life.