Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good lumbar support?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 10:08 AM
toykilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good lumbar support?

anyone know of a good lumbar support for the seats?

I found this electric one that goes inside the seats and wondered if anyone else has other ideas or think this one is good.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/4wayelunlums.html
Old 03-25-2004, 10:17 AM
drj

Default Re: good lumbar support?

Originally posted by toykilla
anyone know of a good lumbar support for the seats?

I found this electric one that goes inside the seats and wondered if anyone else has other ideas or think this one is good.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/4wayelunlums.html
There is an aircraft supply company in Corona, CA (http://www.aircraftspruce.com/home.php) that sells inflaible lumbar bladders. They come with a little squeeze bulb like a blood pressure cuff and fit underneath of the seat covering. I've had them in my Z and MPV for over a year now and they work great. you position them exactly where you want them and adjust the air pressure any time. Cost was less than $50 per unit.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:51 PM
lawnmore

Default Re: Re: good lumbar support?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by drj
[B]There is an aircraft supply company in Corona, CA (http://www.aircraftspruce.com/home.php) that sells inflaible lumbar bladders. They come with a little squeeze bulb like a blood pressure cuff and fit underneath of the seat covering. I've had them in my Z and MPV for over a year now and they work great. you position them exactly where you want them and adjust the air pressure any time. Cost was less than $50 per unit.
Sounds like what my Viper has and my "Z" needs badly. Did you instal your self? and if so what was involved? Thanks
Old 03-26-2004, 10:42 AM
drj

Default Re: Re: Re: good lumbar support?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lawnmore
[B]
Originally posted by drj
There is an aircraft supply company in Corona, CA (http://www.aircraftspruce.com/home.php) that sells inflaible lumbar bladders. They come with a little squeeze bulb like a blood pressure cuff and fit underneath of the seat covering. I've had them in my Z and MPV for over a year now and they work great. you position them exactly where you want them and adjust the air pressure any time. Cost was less than $50 per unit.
Sounds like what my Viper has and my "Z" needs badly. Did you instal your self? and if so what was involved? Thanks
Self-install is very easy. Flop the seat forward, unhook the covering (in my case the leather on the Touring), push the bladder up inside the cover between the cover and the foam. I placed the bulb on the inboard side next to the seat controls. Hook the seat covering back up. Done. Takes maybe 10 minutes. The bladders hold air very nicely. Still no leaking after a year.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:32 PM
lawnmore

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: good lumbar support?

Originally posted by drj
Self-install is very easy. Flop the seat forward, unhook the covering (in my case the leather on the Touring), push the bladder up inside the cover between the cover and the foam. I placed the bulb on the inboard side next to the seat controls. Hook the seat covering back up. Done. Takes maybe 10 minutes. The bladders hold air very nicely. Still no leaking after a year.
THANKS for your help!
Old 03-26-2004, 02:33 PM
lawnmore

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: good lumbar support?

Originally posted by drj
THANKS for your help!
Old 03-30-2004, 04:05 PM
lawnmore

Default Lumbar Support

OK! got my supports today and install was EZ. The seats feels better already. We will give them a test run of 100 or so miles this weekend.I will post the results.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Rushguy

Well I just ordered one, got a 650 mile trip coming up next week and this sounds like a good thing.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:44 AM
ZISBAK

Does anyone have a direct link to the page of the lumbar support, I can't seem to find it?
Old 03-31-2004, 09:26 AM
drj

Originally posted by ZISBAK
Does anyone have a direct link to the page of the lumbar support, I can't seem to find it?
Try:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/ntoc.p...eataccessories
Old 03-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Rushguy

I ordered it with 2 day Fedex shipping, they sent it today. Think total was 54 dollars or so with shipping for one support.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:40 PM
sparky3Z

Default Ah-h-h-h-h...

I just installed a pair in my Z and they work great. I did it a little different from some other posters here. I put them at the back between the two lower springs and the seat foam. I then wedged a piece of cardboard between the bladder and the springs. This way the lumbar support is spread out a little more and it creates a little less of a ridge in your back.

I put the pump bulb on the outside of each seat where you can easily reach down to them for adjustment and they stay down low out of the way.

Simple and well made, I recommend them.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:47 AM
nlauri

Does this affect the heat in the leather seats at all? I have the heater on all the time due to back problems but would also love to have this lumbar support installed. Thanks
Old 04-01-2004, 10:17 AM
sparky3Z

Not if you put them where I did. See above post.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Rushguy

Thumbs up

I just put one in my seat just the way Sparky suggested. Took me about 2 minutes and its awesome. I put mine down low to get as much lower back as possible, these things can be pumped up something major. They are very well made, for the price this is one mod I highly recommend.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:31 PM
DMONTE

Sounds like a great idea I just ordered a set
Old 04-07-2004, 09:44 PM
dbsinc

Default Sounds Good

I just ordered as well, should be great
Old 05-06-2004, 05:48 AM
G-Spot Racing

Ordered on Sunday got them yesterday and put in this morning. Makes the seats so much more comfortable. Wish I had them on my 2 treks across the US. Deffintly worth the money.

LaterZ
Old 05-07-2004, 03:51 PM
chandlerad

I just bought the Air Spruce inflatable lumbar support and installed it. I was really amazed at how easy it was to install. I added a 7"x10" piece of pegboard in front of the spring and metal brace and placed the bladder in front of the pegboard. I can't wait to take and extended trip and see how the back fares now. Great suggestion !!
Old 05-07-2004, 11:42 PM
wav399

Angry

Just a question, why the hell, didnt nissan add something like this in the first place?

Quick Reply: good lumbar support?