Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Attn: All NEW Veilside Owners***

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Trent@MVP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Attn: All NEW Veilside Owners***

Veilside has just announced and released their warranty program for their parts. This will apply only to parts that were shipped out as of Monday 05/10. So for all of you that purchased the lips from me that were shipped yesterday and from this day forward, you will get this warranty.

A warranty card is going to be sent with all new genuine Veilside products. You as the customer simply fill out the card and mail it to them and they send you back your warranty. If in the event you should wreck or damage your car in an accident, you speak with Veilside and they sell you a new product at 50% off of MSRP. There are some stipulations to this warranty, but very few. Veilside is going out of their way to make sure Veilside parts stay on your cars, so lets support them even more than you guys already do!

**Note: This warranty will only be offered through Authorized Veilside dealers. If you do not purchase the Veilside part through one of their dealers, they will not offer the warranty.**

For a list of the authorized retailers, please go to the link below:
http://www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/dealersb.html
Old 05-11-2004, 07:50 AM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great news, thanx Trent!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
zeroday

that's great but kinda sucks for people that bought before that date. is this warranty transferrable if you sell the part?
Old 05-11-2004, 08:42 AM
shaneotool

Originally posted by zeroday
that's great but kinda sucks for people that bought before that date. is this warranty transferrable if you sell the part?
No doubt - this could have come in handy after my Veilside lip got smashed to bits and I had to buy another one.

It does speak well for the company though, that's some good customer service.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Trent@MVP

I'm sorry it doesn't count for those that already have it guys. If there was something I could do, I would. They are only allowing it to apply to parts shipped from May 10th forward. I'm really sorry guys.

And one of the specific stipulations is the warranty is not transferrable. The original owner is the only one who gets the warranty.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:31 PM
2003z

at least my new one is covered!
Old 05-11-2004, 02:54 PM
pLacebo
The Eradicator

Trent- you sound like a stand up guy. I understand it's really out of your hands.

Veilside- way to leave the rest of your customers hanging! But you have our money now so I guess it doesn't matter.
I know you don't have to offer a 50% discount to anyone. But if you're going to do it you should at least cover ALL your customers, whether they purchased your product today, last week, last month or last year.

Thanks for being another typical JDM aftermarket company.

Last edited by pLacebo; 05-11-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Conceyted

That sucks! damnit 7 days later and I would have definatly been warrantied! :-/
Old 05-12-2004, 09:26 AM
ZainT

Default Veilside Issues

I placed an order with a non-domestic aftermarket parts shop for the CF front lip in V1 in Late dec. early Jan. I recieved the V3 sides and rear in end jan early feb. and I was then told that the Veilside dealer that ships to Cal. somewhere said the lip was on backorder til march.... well march came by and still no lip. My guys called Cal and the place there said the shipment has not come in yet. So they called Veilside and talked to some sales rep.. well it is now may 12 and I still have no lip... Yesterday they called Veilside again after continuous weeks of call back next week it should be shipped, and got a reply that I now won't recieve the lip until June 6th.... that is just ridiculous. I have waited patiently for these 5 mos. and still nothing. I am just getting d!cked around and not seeing any answers.... Why is it taking so long to ship the CF front lip.

btw, the Cal store and many others the shop called said they only had the non-CF lip and that veilside isn't shipping CF lips right now.. What is the deal??
Old 05-12-2004, 10:54 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Any original owners care to use this warranty for someone else? that's not EXACTLY transferring...they prob have this angle covered too though. Ignore me, I'm evil :-P
Old 05-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Rayden2001

Originally posted by Trent@MVP
I'm sorry it doesn't count for those that already have it guys. If there was something I could do, I would. They are only allowing it to apply to parts shipped from May 10th forward. I'm really sorry guys.

And one of the specific stipulations is the warranty is not transferrable. The original owner is the only one who gets the warranty.
This sucks for me since every aftermarket body part on my car is veilside and I don't get this deal. I know you have nothing to do with this Trent but for me as a veilside freak, and over $3000 of mine in veilsides pocket this bites ... I know I am not the only one in here that feels this way and spent more than me.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Trent@MVP

Yeah guys I really am sorry about all this. I have talked to my rep at Veilside several times in the last few days about this to see if anything can be done. He hasn't given me his formal answer yet, so right now I do not know what the answer will be. I for one feel bad for those that have bought things recently that I won't be able to help you out with any type of warranty should something happen to your parts.

I will continue asking and continue to update you all should further information become available. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Conceyted

I think i speak for everyone when i say, thanks for trying to help us early buyers out!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Trent@MVP

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I just spoke with some of the higher up reps there at Veilside and got some GREAT news for you guys.

The veilside warranty is going to now apply to ALL Veilside products, regardless of when purchased. You must must MUST register your part with them prior to anything happening to it though. Call up Veilside and they will get your info along with who you bought it from and they will need a picture of the installed product on the car. They charge you 15 bucks for the warranty card and you are set to go. Your product is now warrantied. I really wish I could do more for you, but we are making progress!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:51 PM
pLacebo
The Eradicator

Wow Trent- This is great news. Thanks for spearheading this effort. I haven't done business with you yet but you'll be receiving plenty of future business from me for sure!

Veilside- Thanks for stepping up and realizing that a customer is a customer, regardless of when they purchased. This goes a long way in my book and shows that Veilside is concerned about their customers.

Thanks again Trent
Old 05-14-2004, 08:43 AM
Trent@MVP

Bumpin this thread up so everyone can see this warranty does apply to all customers.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:50 AM
ZainT

not to be pushy or mean, but could you respond to my post? it is an issue that I am still dealing with...

~Preston
Old 05-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Trent@MVP

Originally posted by ZainT
not to be pushy or mean, but could you respond to my post? it is an issue that I am still dealing with...

~Preston
I looked through my list here and didnt' see ever selling a V1 CF Lip to anyone named Preston so I would hope that it was not me that has caused this trouble for you.

I really don't know how to answer your question or post because I am not the one causing you the trouble. I have ordered and shipped approximately 10-15 CF Lips SINCE December. So in the amount of time that you have been waiting, I could have had several sent to you in that amount of time. I don't know what the hold up is with the company you ordered them from.

However, I can say that I know they have been backordered with Veilside for the past month or so. Before that they were pretty readily available. I've had several in stock several time in the past 5 months. Veilside has them backordered right now through mid June to Early July. Hopefully you are on that list to get one. Did you purchase this from an authorized Veilside dealer? As in one listed on their site? Or did you go through someone that just sells Veilside? If you went through someone that just sells it, then you are at their mercy as far as what you can do. If you bought it from an authorized retailer, they should have had it to you long before now.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:15 PM
swifty949

if your still waiting on a cf lip and you purchased from an authorized distributor (listed on the veilside website) sorry for the delay. To make a quick summary on what happened with the cf lips. VeilSide has dedicated factories that make parts for them. Before each part is sent to the US, the staff in Japan will look at samples to ensure the quality is good enough. All of a sudden the CF from this factory was not coming out good, so Veilside halted all the cf lips that were slated for the US. They found out the factory lost a lot of staff, and newbies were doing a bad job laying the CF. So VeilSide pulled the plug on the factory, found a new factory, and began production again. The new shipment just arrived, and all orders placed prior to March 15th were fulfilled. Only 15 could be made in time for them to arrive in May. Sorry for any complications this may cause, we just want to make sure that people get a good product. Thanks Ray.
Thanks trent for getting the word to all the 350z guys.

Quick Reply: ***Attn: All NEW Veilside Owners***