Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

amber footwell lights....where to get them??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 10:01 AM
djkern
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amber footwell lights....where to get them??

that's the question.....where can i buy these? everywhere that i knew carried tham....well....now doesn't!

anyone know where i can get these?

thanks guys (and girls).
Old 05-23-2004, 10:05 AM
IsatteliteI

Default Re: amber footwell lights....where to get them??

Originally posted by djkern
that's the question.....where can i buy these? everywhere that i knew carried tham....well....now doesn't!

anyone know where i can get these?

thanks guys (and girls).
Courtesy Nissan has a kit that fits under there, I would think that you could just change the bulb color to get the amber.
Do a search or find their website and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:14 AM
djkern
Banned

Default Re: Re: amber footwell lights....where to get them??

Originally posted by IsatteliteI
Courtesy Nissan has a kit that fits under there, I would think that you could just change the bulb color to get the amber.
Do a search or find their website and you'll see what I'm talking about.
change the bulbs that are under there? i don't have bulbs under there. also, they have a kit in white and a kit in amber. i'll check out courtesy nissan. last time i checked there....they didn't have it. hoepfully they do now!

thanks man!
Old 05-23-2004, 10:42 AM
IsatteliteI

Default Re: Re: Re: amber footwell lights....where to get them??

Originally posted by djkern
change the bulbs that are under there? i don't have bulbs under there. also, they have a kit in white and a kit in amber. i'll check out courtesy nissan. last time i checked there....they didn't have it. hoepfully they do now!

thanks man!
Yeah I meant change the bulbs on the Courtesy Nissan kit.

If you get it from them can you do a write up on the install, with pics? I want to install their kit but I have limited electrical knowledge, in other words I can follow directions!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:40 AM
afr0puff

You can DIY. It's real easy. This is what I did to my G. You notice that circular ring by the center console? That's the cigarette lighter. If the Z has the same thing, then you just tap into that light. It also works with the dimmer switch. You can use as many lights as you want in any design. Under $20.

Old 05-23-2004, 01:09 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by afr0puff
You can DIY. It's real easy. This is what I did to my G. You notice that circular ring by the center console? That's the cigarette lighter. If the Z has the same thing, then you just tap into that light. It also works with the dimmer switch. You can use as many lights as you want in any design. Under $20.

looks good! the cigarette lighter is behind me for some stupid reason! so, i can tap into something else. but, courtesy nissan charges too much for the amber footwell lamps...almost 200 bucks! screw that...i'll build it myself! haha. they used to be much less expensive.

i'll see what i can do. i was also thinking of adding a white neon under the dash...or something like that. any opinions on that??
Old 05-23-2004, 01:33 PM
silverstoneTT

afro, are those amber neons? or leds?

If so, is it just a matter of say installing LEDS in the sidemarkers where one wire is to the power and one to the ground.

Your setup looks good. Also, in your setup, when do the lights go on? Or are they always on?
Old 05-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have also been wondering about this. Afro, do the lights turn on at certain times (ex: when the door is open), or are they always on. I would also like to do this.

Nick-If you also want to do this, we should meet up and do it together.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:22 PM
silverstoneTT

We could definetly do that Im just curious as to the specifics so as to not just get in there and start figuring it out while I do it.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:23 PM
afr0puff

They only turn on when the "lights" are on. So they will be on if your parking lights are on and if your headlights are on. So basically during the day they are off, but at night they are on all the time.

You can have them stay on all the time, but you would need to find a light on the Z that is on 24/7, then just tap into that circuit. The same goes for the "door" option. Tap into the lights that only turn on when the doors are open.

In that pic, those are two LEDs. In reality, you only need one IMO. Under the seat facing the firewall. The second LED I put by the pedals facing the floor, but that is what is creating that "spotlight" effect in that picture. I got rid of it and it looks damn good with just the one.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:25 PM
silverstoneTT

Where did you get the amber LED? Was it one of those things you might see at autozone where its the LED already hooked up to the cables that just need to be wired in?
Old 05-23-2004, 03:27 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no details on where, but somewhere is a fuse that controls the interior lighting. tap into that. you can also tap into the dome light if you can follow the line down the a-pillar and find a more convenient spot to splice it.

should be the same thing either way, just different spots to find it.