Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 08:15 AM
ZRAYGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The spoiler sale is on hold because I have ordered more agressive rims. The rims I have ordered are 20x9.5 and 20x11 Lowenhart LSR's. I want to see how the rims look with the wing. They will be a little wider. Here are 2 pics of my car (sorry for the bad camera shot:
Attached Thumbnails Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?-ings1.jpg  
Old 05-28-2004, 08:16 AM
ZRAYGO

rear
Attached Thumbnails Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?-ings2.jpg  
Old 05-28-2004, 08:54 AM
ZRAYGO

guys, listen to me. Yes the kit cost an arm and a leg, but it is an original. it fits like a glove because it came from the original vendor. The fact that somethings are being sold as REPLICA's would have me sitting on pins and needles. The last thing I want to have happen is for me to be driving at 100mph and have the front or rear part of the kit fall off (ouch). So remember to think twice about buying a REPLICA......

here's a good question for you, if you could save 10g's would you buy a replica of the 350z?
Old 05-28-2004, 10:40 AM
ZRAYGO

by the way, here is a pic of the rims that are on order.....another addition to the sickest z on the planet.
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2004, 11:21 AM
SQUILL

Originally posted by ZRAYGO
guys, listen to me. Yes the kit cost an arm and a leg, but it is an original. it fits like a glove because it came from the original vendor. The fact that somethings are being sold as REPLICA's would have me sitting on pins and needles. The last thing I want to have happen is for me to be driving at 100mph and have the front or rear part of the kit fall off (ouch). So remember to think twice about buying a REPLICA......

here's a good question for you, if you could save 10g's would you buy a replica of the 350z?
I hear you and agree .....However to some of us performance is more important and to some of us Show is more important.

I ruined my rear bumper cover on my z with 1100 miles on it the other day by backing it into a chain link fence ugh so since i had to have the car in the body shop anyway i started looking for the best price on the ings body kit.

I found the initial d kit over at 350zforums but also found another replica kit made by vis which is a big name in the business.

Anyway I am on pins and needles as believe me you get what you pay for and i would hate to tell my self "i told you so moron"

I just couldnt justify spending 3000-3500 bucks + body shop (1500?) when this almost covers a twin turbo kit.

anyway the guys at VIS were pretty helpful and assured me of good fitment and quality with their kit. the kit is suposedly handlaid fiberglass and made in japan blah blah i know they are trying to sell me the kit and i am still very worried that i made an unwise decision but i have seen a few of their carbonfibre hoods and they look to be very high quality so hopefully i will be pleasently suprised.

For the good of all mankind i will post pics and info about this kit so that all may either benefit from it or stay away from it.

Anyway you cant say that the original is better or worse than whatever copy that is made from it untill it is directly compared to each other.

reverse engineering is common practice that all companies use whether is is an obvious copy or a superior product based on anothers original design technology!!!

anyway its in colorado of this morning so i should get it very soon!
Old 05-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The replicas are made by created a mold of the original, and then hand laying the fiberglass. IF done correctly, you shouldnt be able to tell the difference. The only concern I would have would be the thickness of the fiberglass vs. the original, and the prep work necessary vs. the original.

I guess we'll have to see. I will likely be ordering the Initial D kit...so we'll have two replica kits to compare to the original.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:44 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by gq_626
The replicas are made by created a mold of the original, and then hand laying the fiberglass. IF done correctly, you shouldnt be able to tell the difference. The only concern I would have would be the thickness of the fiberglass vs. the original, and the prep work necessary vs. the original.

I guess we'll have to see. I will likely be ordering the Initial D kit...so we'll have two replica kits to compare to the original.
This will be pretty cool and informative i will get my kit thursday the 3rd. Ill start a new thread when i get it with pics and stuff if you get the initial d kit that will be pretty cool as we can directly compare the two kits as best as one can over the internet.

It would be really interesting if anyone has the original Ings full kit with install pics to compare as well ...anyone??

The original claims it is made out of a mix between urethane and fiberglass. Ibelieve both the replicas are full fiberglass however the guys at vis said the original was just fiberglass who knows.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:14 PM
vice86

But is anyone getting the Ings HALF kit replica..like the one I posted pics of in this thread. I'm getting confused by the names Initial D and VIS in here.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:23 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by vice86
But is anyone getting the Ings HALF kit replica..like the one I posted pics of in this thread. I'm getting confused by the names Initial D and VIS in here.
The Initial D is a replica of the INGS full kit here is a link to it.

http://www.350zforums.org/store/?pag...6e4492afba82f8

the VIS is also a replica of the INGS full kit just its made by VIS Racing it looks the same.

I dont know if there is a replicaof the INGS half kit but read through this thread of yours i remember somebody said 350zforums makes one but on their web site i cant find it.

that link is to 350zforums where u can get the initial d kit.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:36 PM
vice86

yeah...350zforums.org doesn't have any info on their site about the HALF kit replica but he did tell me he sells it.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a bit OT but vice I see you mentioning the Data Systems rear wing...we have them available if you want.

Adam
Old 05-31-2004, 11:53 AM
IsatteliteI

yeah...350zforums.org doesn't have any info on their site about the HALF kit replica but he did tell me he sells it.
I'm interested in this, who told you he sells it and how do I get in touch with him? Thank you for any info.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:35 PM
vice86

Isattelite....go to www.350zforums.org/store and there's a phone number there to call them....hard to get thru though, always get their answering machine. There's also an email addy and AIM screen name. I spoke to Dave over there.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:46 PM
IsatteliteI

Isattelite....go to www.350zforums.org/store and there's a phone number there to call them....hard to get thru though, always get their answering machine. There's also an email addy and AIM screen name. I spoke to Dave over there.
Thank you for the info, I'll try calling tomorrow
Old 05-31-2004, 06:15 PM
maxipad96

I ordered the half kit from this vendor allready. I will let everyone know hot the fitment is. Im looking forward to putting it on my car.

-Steve
Old 06-03-2004, 01:00 PM
vice86

Cool Maxi...definitely let us know how the half kit fits.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:33 PM
maxipad96

Wish it would get here.. i was assured that it will ship out this week or next..
Old 06-03-2004, 09:10 PM
SixRB6

I ordered my kit from 350Zforums.org...It is here and at the body shop right now getting prepped. It will be on by next weekend so I will let you know.

I can already tell you that there is prep work that is needed and I will let you know how extensive it is...

PICS COMING!!
Old 06-04-2004, 05:26 AM
vice86

Sweet...what kit did you get SixRB6? The Half kit? Did you test fit just to see how it went on?
Old 06-04-2004, 02:36 PM
maxipad96

Did you test fit it?... how does the rear piece attach?

Quick Reply: Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?