Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004 | 05:46 PM
V35

Hi zraygo, I kinda met you at performance nissan. I was getting the Greddy exhaust installed on my G35 coupe and had a chance to talk to you for a short while. Your car looks ****ing awesome man. Its such a coincidence, because I didn't know you post here. I'm also entering La Sierra University this fall and I might get a house in the Riverwalk community. Anyway, just wanted to say whats up again.
Old 06-05-2004 | 12:15 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

i am having second thoughts about the inital D kit. T he rear bumper is what concerns me. It has a very pronounced lip on it, and looks a bit out of place....I prefer a smooth appearance on the rear bumper. Almost like a stock bumper..but just a bit lower. Any suggestions? Unfortunately, they dont give you much of a break if you delete the bumper from the kit.....maybe $200 max....

what do you all think?
Old 06-05-2004 | 12:46 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by gq_626
i am having second thoughts about the inital D kit. T he rear bumper is what concerns me. It has a very pronounced lip on it, and looks a bit out of place....I prefer a smooth appearance on the rear bumper. Almost like a stock bumper..but just a bit lower. Any suggestions? Unfortunately, they dont give you much of a break if you delete the bumper from the kit.....maybe $200 max....

what do you all think?
Ive never really liked body kits that much as all those silly hondas with un painted messed up body kits on them always comes to mind.

I think the Ings +1 full kit is one of the best ones out there especially the rear bumper.

My second favorite rear bumper is the Vertex Rear bumper you should check that out if you are having second thoughts but personally i think the rear on the Ings(initial D ) kit looks great.

Now on the front bumper i wish it didnt have those funky bulges in the sides (maybe a built in cannard) however i think its the best looking complete kit out there.
Old 06-05-2004 | 12:49 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Squilll.....are you are reading my mind???? I am right now looking at the Vertech kit. I LOVE it...but the opening for the intercooler in the front looks a bit tight...it's not tall enough, so I think only half of my intercooler will be exposed to the air.

Also, it looks damn low...sexy...but dangerous...the way I like my women...

Doesnt ACP have this kit? I should ask him about the intecooler clearance.
Old 06-06-2004 | 02:04 PM
SQUILL

AH HA! here is my idea ings+1 sides and rear and kamanari front lip. what does everyone think ....like ...dislike???

here is my photochop i appologize i am far from an expert at it.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?-the-bodykit.jpg  
Old 06-06-2004 | 02:38 PM
SQUILL

Normal Ings+1 bumper
Attached Thumbnails Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?-fgggfgfgfgffhfghffggghggfgf.jpg  
Old 06-06-2004 | 02:56 PM
silverstoneTT

headache right now....what is my best bet for getting the sideskirt from this kit, like how its clearly aftermarket but very simple, gives the car a nice look in my opinion. rear bumper is nice too. so where can i get it for the best price and which material is best overall for a body kit?
Old 06-09-2004 | 11:02 AM
vice86

So hows that Ings Half Kit replica fit????
Old 06-12-2004 | 10:09 PM
bugz

i also think abt getting Initial D kit be4. how is that Ings kit fit~~?? plz let us know and post some pix~ thank you so much. there is a guy selling Veilside V3 replica on ebay for 300. wut do u guys think. anyone know good replica for V.3 kit???
Old 06-13-2004 | 03:54 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

that Kami front lip does not go with the skirts at all- a Data Systems front lip, or V1 would go much nicer IMHO.
Old 06-13-2004 | 04:30 PM
dank311

Personally...I like alot of kits for the Z33
My BEST BODY KITS:

Vertex full
Vertex lip
Cwest lip
Ings +1 Half
Ings +1 Nspec

GQ -
I think something that will suit your back bumper preferences would be the Vertex full or lip rear bumper. The whole Vertex kit is SEXY AS HELL. I almost got one for my S14.

SQUILL -
I think that the kamanari kit doesnt go with that sides and rear at all...Personally I hate the kamanari kit all together. I would go with a Cwest, V1, or Vertex lip...or the RSW lip would go perfect with that since the RSW sides are very similar to the Ings+1 Nspec kit!

Jon
Old 06-13-2004 | 05:37 PM
SQUILL

yea after looking at it for quite awhile i seems like it wouldnt be a good combo. When you factor in shipping and everything it wouldnt actually save me that much money over the full initial D kit.

So i ordered the Full initial D kit....The Vis replica kit i ordered previously is just god awful. Terrible quality and I pulled the side skirt off for a test fit ....3/4 of an inch short!!!! WTF.

Just the worst pile of junk ever im in the process of returning it i guess ill see how their cust svc is.

The front bumper of the initial D kit i wasnt totally sold on but its really grown on me so well see what it looks like in a few weeks.
Old 06-14-2004 | 09:16 AM
SixRB6

My ings +1 half kit with the initial D rear bumper will be fitted and painted this week! I will find out how the fitment is.

Oh these are replicas so we will see and I will post plenty of pics!
Old 06-14-2004 | 12:45 PM
ZRAYGO

i dont want to say that i told you so.....

but....(you know the rest)
Old 06-14-2004 | 01:04 PM
vice86

Zraygo...I'm still waiting to hear from anyone on the fitment of THAT replica kit. But 350Zforums.org are backordered on that replica kit now until the end of june!!! I can't win! They have no clue when they'll get the real deal in either. I think this is a sign to NOT get a body kit for my Z
Old 06-14-2004 | 01:12 PM
SixRB6

Originally posted by vice86
Zraygo...I'm still waiting to hear from anyone on the fitment of THAT replica kit. But 350Zforums.org are backordered on that replica kit now until the end of june!!! I can't win! They have no clue when they'll get the real deal in either. I think this is a sign to NOT get a body kit for my Z
Vice I am getting that kit installed and painted this week.. Look up two spots my post is there...I will post pics and let you know how the process came out..I will say that the pieces when they came look great. The shop said there is some pre that needs to be done so I will let you know how extensive it was....
Old 06-14-2004 | 01:27 PM
ZRAYGO

Once again gents, this kit that I have is not a replica. It is the real thing straight out of NIPON (Japan). The kit fits great and it is really strong. It feels like it is one with the rest of the body of my car. I love it.
Old 06-14-2004 | 02:10 PM
SQUILL

looks good as well but i cant wait 3 months and too much $$$$ for the full nspec ings kit. The only reason im getting a kit is because i wrecked the z into a fence ....i need the saved $$$ for performance mods!
Old 06-23-2004 | 07:14 PM
SixRB6

OK here is the deal with the fitment. I was there at the body shop today and they went through the whole job with me.

I have the INGS+1 Half replica front lip and side skirts, and the INGS+1 N-SPEC replica rear bumper.

They said the rear bumper fit pretty well they had to build up the corners under the tail lights so they would be flush with the fenders. They did say the pieces were very wavey and needed alot of prep work.

They said the side skirts did fit pretty well. They also needed some prep work because of the fiberglass.

Now the front lip was a problem. It was missing on each side by I would say a half inch. He said he got it on but it cracked. So they had to fix the crack and then when it was on the lip had a gap on each side by the marker reflectors. So they glued the lip to the bumper and then molded the whole lip to the bumper!! No one will have there kit look like this....There will be NO seam on the front bumper!! It looks crazy I am really happy with what they did.

I will be getting the car Friday at noon and I will take a ton of picks this weekend and post them for you guyZ

Hope this helps!!!!
Old 06-23-2004 | 07:28 PM
vics350

Paul, I can't wait to see the pics. and would love to see your car in person. I am currently having my Veilside V1 painted and will intall it this weekend and almost pulled the trigger on the Initial-D rear bumper and side skirts but had to hold off as my work car crapped out and I have to go and buy a new sedan. I probably will still get this kit but will have to wait until the winter.

We need to get together so I can check your car out. BTW, we are starting a 350Z/G35 club and are almost ready to make an announcement. PM me your email address so I can fill you in on this as we'd love to have you be a part of it. We currently are at around 25 members and have yet to publicly annouce it.

Quick Reply: Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?