Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Track Diffuser Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 02:30 PM
shortcut3d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Rear Track Diffuser Install Help

Can someone please help and lend me some instructions to install the rear track diffusers? I ordered them from Performance Nissan. As an OEM replacement, I'm sure they do not include instructions.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Clyde

Default Rear diffuser install

is pretty straight forward. If these are the ones that mount behind the rear wheels the just hold them up in place to make sure you have the correct side mated up. I used existing bolts and other openings to secure the diffusers. In place of bolts I used electrician ties to hold things in place. Quite honestly I've not experienced any noticable change in handling when running road courses.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:45 PM
shortcut3d

Default Re: Rear diffuser install

Originally posted by Clyde
is pretty straight forward. If these are the ones that mount behind the rear wheels the just hold them up in place to make sure you have the correct side mated up. I used existing bolts and other openings to secure the diffusers. In place of bolts I used electrician ties to hold things in place. Quite honestly I've not experienced any noticable change in handling when running road courses.
Pictures please.

I can not see an obvious place for the diffusers.

I checked the service manual in the rear bumper cover install section and there is no mention of the rear diffuser.

The reason I ask, is I had my bumper replaced and repainted (because you could see through the paint from the factory). I think the shop ordered the track rear. I do not have the ledge or opening everyone is talking about behind the rear wheels.