Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veilside V1 Side/Rear install Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 07:16 PM
maxipad96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veilside V1 Side/Rear install Help

OK everybody thanks for your help in advance. I recently purchased a full Veilside Kit. Now I need some install help.

Mainly its the rear piece giving me trouble.
I see how it attaches near the fenders, and under the bumper near the fenders, But how is everyone attaching it in the Center near the underside of the bumper. The kit seems to need to be forced to even look remotly close to fitting. This is a real kit by the way.

Anyways any help is appreciated

Second.. The rear Side pieces. There is a little rubber piece that looks to be obstructing where these should bolt on. Can this be removed? Do I need to cut it out?

Thanks again everybody!..

-Steve
Old 06-24-2004, 09:21 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear side pieces:

For the little "diffuser" plastic pieces back there I just ripped them off or cut them off with a pair of scissors. Those little box thingies collect alot of dirt and rocks that are kicked up from the tires anyway.

Are your stock bolts long enough for those sideskirts? I had to go to Home Depot to purchase a pack of longer bolts because the stock ones were too short.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:55 AM
maxipad96

I haven't tried yet.... I might have to run up to Home Depot to buy some longer ones. Its raining here in atl for the next like week.. So i was gonna wait till next weekend so I can wash/wax the car then put the pieces on.

Thanks for the tip.. Just wanted to make sure that those black pieces could be removed.

Anyone have advice for the rear now?

-Steve
Old 06-25-2004, 09:23 PM
kabir

hey, a little off topic, but i live in ATL also, where did u buy the kit from and how much did you pay for it, if you dont mind me asking.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:31 PM
maxipad96

I bought it used from threefitty on the forum. He was nice enough to respray it again for me when he was getting his new body kit painted. So essentially. Its brand new. He hooked me up with a great deal!
Old 06-25-2004, 11:35 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another good tip that I got from the previous owner of my skirts:

On each piece of the sideskirt there are little sections that are going to directly rub or rest against the body of the car. Place a little piece of electrical tap or adhesive felt tape just to keep the skirt paint from actually rubbing against the car. You don't have to use automotive 3M.

It's a good idea to just unscrew off your sideskirt pieces when you take the car into the dealer for a checkup or oil change etc. Those sideskirts can interfere with a lift if the techs are careless. Don't want to scratch em up too bad!

The side skirt bolts that I got in the hardware section of Home Depot was listed as: Hexhead Zinc Size: 14 x 1" made by Crown Bolt. (part#6211) They come in packs of four for a couple bucks...they work perfectly.

Good luck.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:19 AM
maxipad96

Thanks 350Zephyr.. good advice. I think I'm gonna wait till next weekend when its not raining so I can was the car/area that will be covered up one more time. Then throw down a quick layer of wax, cause the covered parts wont be exposed for a long time.

-Steve