Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting Price: Nismo replica body kit w/ spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Tantrum Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Price: Nismo replica body kit w/ spoiler

Need to ask fellow Z owners what they paid for a Nismo replica body kit w/ spoiler? where purchased? Quailty? Also what is the average price would one expect to pay to paint the body kit and spoiler? Thanks

Last edited by Tantrum Z33; 06-29-2004 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:37 AM
havabooz

dont know about kit picing but expect to pay around 1800 for a GOOD prep and paint/install job
Old 06-29-2004, 11:59 AM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SixRB6 went to a place in Westchester and had his Ing N-Spec rear bumper and Ings Half side skirts and front lip spoiler prepped and installed for $1300 which sounds like a good price to me.

Here's a link to his thread which shows pictures and he even posted who did the work for him.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=81013

BTW, if you decide to get the kit and plan on selling your stock side skirts I'd be interested in them. I would even drive down to pick them up since I live in CT. Let me know.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Tantrum Z33

Thanks alot guys! One more question..I'm not sure which body kit to buy...Need some help

Since NY is not bodykit friendly..
How much would I expect to pay to paint the Veilside V1 body kit in urethane?

Is it wise for me to invest my $$ in the Ings+1 full body kit (initial D) considering the massive potholes ? and..Will I have to pick up my bumper from the floor if I hit a decent sized pothole
(for ex: 7"x7" 4" deep)?(sorry, I'm a fiberglass newbie)

Help me out =)
Old 06-30-2004, 03:45 AM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid $175 to have my V1 urethane front lip painted. I had quotes from $150-175 for it but I felt more comfortable with the guy who did it for $175. I'm very happy with how it came out.

Add in the rear valance for the same price and the two winglets and you're looking at approximately $500. You will need to add some more if you don't install it yourself.

The front of the Initial D kit is low which is why I had intentions of just going with the side skirts and rear bumper and leaving my front with the V1 lip. I may still do this because I have a damaged driver side side skirt but I like how the car looks now which is why I'm just looking to replace the stock side skirt.

You could be in trouble with that bumper on deep potholes and if you ever plan on lowering the car with that bumper, forget it. You may want to PM some of the members that have this front bumper and ask them how close to the ground it sits and that will help answer your question. Good luck.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:28 AM
havabooz

dude..i live in brooklyn...i drive in NYC a lot (even though i dont like to)

i have the esprit replica and i hit it a lot when the road dips...potholes suck for wheels AND body kits...i cracked my kit slightly by hitting a pothole in a parking lot that was VERY deep...nothing happened to my wheels because i wasnt even goin 2mph i just didnt see it

my kit is surprisingly strong and the iforged wheels have been champs so far...ive hit numerous potholes and none of the wheels got damaged

its up to you...if your not good at avoiding stuff then you might get unlucky...chances are you wont crack your kit if you are careful enough
Old 06-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Tantrum Z33

thanks for the info and suggestions...

Okay, for the past week I have been shopping around for prices and the best price I found for a couple of kits are

Nismo replica w/ spoiler = $700

Carbon fiber Nismo replica w/ spoiler = $1375

Veilside V1 (urethane) = $850

Ings+1 N-spec (initial D) replica body kit = $850

These are all quotes from my GF's friend's brother's store BTW. This will be the first time doing business with him.

Some of these prices are too good to be true. I'm kinda paranoid about the replicas so should I just purchase the Veilside V1 (urethane) because I can be sure that there will be little to no fitment problems. I didn't ask him if it was a replica because I am pretty sure that the dont make Veilside V1 kits in replica. do they?

One more thing! Is there any important questions I should ask b4 I buy the kit from him? Ex: Layers of fiberglass? Warranty? Who makes the replica kit?

(sorry, I'm going to say again : Me = Fiberglass Body kit Newbie)

Thanks alot for the suggestions and comments in advance

Last edited by Tantrum Z33; 06-30-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:43 AM
havabooz

best case scenario is ask him to see the kits...or ask him if u could take the kit to get a quote on body work