Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some in progress pics of the Ings Half kit replica going on.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 10:04 PM
JDMkaisoku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by vice86
They got it on after a second test fit.
I highly doubt they could make a knock off with that much gap fit properly unless it was forced on....meaning it has some constant stress on it...meaning it is much more likely to crack as most replica parts are made from inferior materials.....but it's your car, rock as you see fit...

I did order the authentic Ings Half kit...but after still not being in stock 3 months after I placed the order...I was sick of waiting and just got the replica.
That sucks.....but most Japanese companies take about that much time to build and ship aero parts out....they build the parts to order cause as we all know, one thing japan lacks is space. (they don't use giant storage warehouses like we do in the U.S.) I happen to know that Ings is in the process of setting up an office in the U.S. soon that will keep stock and start to crack down on the replica companies.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:07 AM
joust75

JDM, Why the hell are you bothering this guy?

Once the kit is fitted and painted he will have saved alot of money.

If the JDM companies want to charge up the a$$ for a few pieces of fiberglass then they should suffer the consequences.

I just received my half kit REPLICA trunk wing and it fits great, needing no prep work. Once it is installed No one will know if it is real or a replica. Who cares if it is a replica anyway?? Its not Diamond vs. Cubit Zirconia. They are both fiberglass.
Maybe I'll buy the rest of the REPLICA kit!!!!

By the way, which company do you work for? Maybe we can have a mod do an IP check and find out what other name(s) are registered to your location.
Maybe you should start carrying REPLICAS so you dont have to Register under an alias and insult other members.

Hmmm Cant wait to post pics of my installed REPLICA wing
Old 08-26-2004, 04:33 AM
havabooz

umm..i have to agree with joust

and his cubic zirconia metaphor sealed the deal

it IS all just fiberglass ...and yes replicas do save you money even after all the money spent in the body shop

and according to your reasoning JDM, you should start spending thousands of dollars on clothing too because most of the affordable clothing is all knocked off from designers high-priced lines

i mean, who do you think sets trends, old navy and gap, NO, but doesnt mean you cant shop there

that may have been a gay metaphor but it should shut you up unless all the articles of clothing in your closet cost as much as my house
Old 08-26-2004, 05:39 AM
Boricuaduo

I'm going for the replica also. I think the Ing+1 (original) is overpriced anyway. Availability is also an issue. Prefer to spend the extra 1,500 on performance mods than fiberglass. This discussion is very interesting but the bottom line is we do with our cars what we think its best for us. Lets move on
Old 08-26-2004, 06:19 AM
vice86

Originally posted by joust75

lol, thanks Joust....JDM is allowed his opinion..its all good. Doesn't bother me at all, its only the internet.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:13 AM
ZRACING

lol, thanks Joust....JDM is allowed his opinion..its all good. Doesn't bother me at all, its only the internet.
Miami Vice86

do u need help????

Old 08-26-2004, 08:21 AM
vice86

vice86 = i loved Miami Vice's 1986 season...the new Testarossa...Crockett's new spiked hair do...the tunes.

If Miami Vice was on today (i did the pic in 2003)

COOL
Old 08-26-2004, 08:34 AM
ZRACING

are u a FIVE-0

LOLZZZZZZZZ
Old 08-26-2004, 12:25 PM
n77nxc

Originally posted by joust75

If the JDM companies want to charge up the a$$ for a few pieces of fiberglass then they should suffer the consequences.

I just received my half kit REPLICA trunk wing and it fits great, needing no prep work. Once it is installed No one will know if it is real or a replica. Who cares if it is a replica anyway?? Its not Diamond vs. Cubit Zirconia. They are both fiberglass.
Maybe I'll buy the rest of the REPLICA kit!!!!

By the way, which company do you work for? Maybe we can have a mod do an IP check and find out what other name(s) are registered to your location.
Maybe you should start carrying REPLICAS so you dont have to Register under an alias and insult other members.

Hmmm Cant wait to post pics of my installed REPLICA wing

Well said joust!

Keep up the good work Vice. You can't please everyone. I debated purchasing the real Ings Half Kit (WHICH I CAN AFFORD MR. JDMKAISOKU!) or a replica, and I decided to purchase a replica. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 08-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Christobal

vice, fok the ignorance of some of the people on the board. they don't know jack ****.
The reason it didn't fit properly the first time was because they were trying to install it by wrapping the bumper, and they should have installed it from under the bumper upwards. I've got the esprit replica kit on my car and it fits tighter than a virgin. it also gets tons of compliments everyday, people just love the car now, 100 times better than before. as far as durability, you have to keep the car from getting busted up anyway, fiberglass is fiberglass. it will break if you hit something.
i paid 600 for a full kit and 700 to paint. saved tons of $$$$ and car looks amazingly beautiful
great job on the kit vice and good luck on the paint.

haters

cool members with positive things to say
Old 08-26-2004, 01:33 PM
vice86

thanks christobal...700 to paint and install???? dang, im getting charged 1200-1500. (im sure JDM will reply with "see...you're getting raped")

Well I mentioned it to him...so i dont know if he got it on by doing it like that or wrapping it. But maybe the bumper that i got cant slip on the same way?
Old 08-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Christobal

no, no ,no. I test fitted the kit beofre "I" installed it.
the only thing the paint shop did was paint it. dats it.
it turned out great.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:12 PM
joust75

Originally posted by ZRACING
Miami Vice86

do u need help????

What a surprise, another non sequitur from ZRACING.

Actually it kinda cracks me up the way his little blurbs (which make no sense to us) amuse him so much.

ZRACING, are you related to 1337 by any chance??

Keep us posted on the progress of the install Vice. Cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:54 PM
JDMkaisoku

"ignorant"

Let me show you how ignorant I am...

Ethics
Replicas are attempts at making money by stealing someone else's design. If the company making them had any real talent, they would be designing their own products, not stealing designs.

Quality
You people keep whining about the price of real parts but you get what you pay for. I?fd be surprised if any replica kits last more than a year without some sort of cracking or damage due to their poor quality. A real Ings+1 kit should last the life of the car and be much more durable. It should fit right WITHOUT modification. Regardless of what you guys think, not all fiberglass parts are created equal. Most of your cheap replicas are made by labor in many third world countries where quality control and decent fiberglass hardly exists. The parts don't fit and crack very easily....oh and don't even try to bring up any sort of warranty issue. Let's not go into track reliability issues, god forgive you actually drive your car, I've seen cars with replica kits nearly rip apart at track speeds.

Conclusion
If you think you're saving money buying replica aeroparts, think again. If you really want to save money and face, leave you're car stock.

BTW, calling me a "hater" is even more hilarious. I'm just calling out posers and wannabes as they come. There's no argument there, it's just a fact. Show me a quality car with quality aero parts and you'll hear nothing from me but compliments, but show me a car with replicrap pasted all over it, how can I not point out the obvious?
Old 08-26-2004, 08:03 PM
vice86

lol...we've been waiting all night for your replie JDM!!! Welcome back!

Ethics: If Japan is dumb enough to not patent their design here in the US...then too bad for them...fair game.

QUality: Ings Half Kit Replica is made in California.

Conclusion: We're saving money.

lol, i bet you couldn't even tell the differnce between an original and a replica. Ofcourse on here you'll say you can, since you can be as cool as you want to be on the net, but we'll never really know unless we run into you sometime with a GUESS THE REPLICA test.

I'll post a bunch of my replica pics dedicated just to Mr. Know-it-all....JDMkaisoku

PS...I took the "replica" out of my sig just cuz I know it annoys you that people try to pass fakes as originals.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:04 PM
JDMkaisoku

Originally posted by Christobal
vice, fok the ignorance of some of the people on the board. they don't know jack ****.
The reason it didn't fit properly the first time was because they were trying to install it by wrapping the bumper, and they should have installed it from under the bumper upwards. I've got the esprit replica kit on my car and it fits tighter than a virgin.
i dunno what virgins you've been with but that sure don't look tight nor does it look straight like it's supposed to be...

real esprit kit..

Attached Thumbnails Some in progress pics of the Ings Half kit replica going on.-replicrap.jpg  
Old 08-26-2004, 08:06 PM
vice86

lol...JDM...thats **** no one besides you would EVAR (spelled wrong on purpose) notice.

The original image is photoshopped to look straight.

Last edited by vice86; 08-26-2004 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:09 PM
JDMkaisoku

2003 SB M6 Touring Z
Ings Half Kit, Data Systems Wing, Polished AEM CAI, Performance Nissan Smoked Overlays, Gunmetal Z Touring Wheels, 20% Tint Sides, 5% Tint Back, JDM Clear Marker, SB Painted SS Grill, Z Nose Badge, Debadged 350Z Trunk Badge, Sirius Satellite Radio,
looks like you're making that "mistake" again with your fake kit. C'mon, just admit it, you're a poser

as for your arguement about copyrights, that's pretty lame. does that mean if you don't have a car alarm it give others the right to steal your car? I guess ethics and backbone are not part of a posers way of life.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:11 PM
JDMkaisoku

lol...JDM...thats **** no one besides you would EVAR (spelled wrong on purpose) notice.

The original image is photoshopped to look straight.
you'de be suprised....not all car enthusiasts are as amateur as you. If i can tell from a low res image, i'm sure it looks worse in person.

BTW, the REAL Esprit picture is directly linked off the Esprit website.....no photoshop there.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:12 PM
vice86

read my "PS" in my second post up.

I'm a poser..lol.

Quick Reply: Some in progress pics of the Ings Half kit replica going on.