Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some in progress pics of the Ings Half kit replica going on.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 08:59 AM
vice86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some in progress pics of the Ings Half kit replica going on.

My buddy happen to be in the area of the body shop and snapped some pics for me. No real progress but here's some pics. They said the skits seem to fit well....didn't touch the front yet and for the rear....the left side doesn't reach past the bumper..about a good 1" away. The guy said the gelcoat they shoot on the fiberglass shrinks it some, but its still kinda fresh so its plyable? or something like that. He said somehow they'll get it to work....man, glad its not my job.

a little gap on the right side that they said they'll have to use super adhesive to stick down

As for the spoiler and the ripples....the guy said thats the nature of the fiberglass...but he said he could spend hours filling, puttying and sanding...but I don't feel like paying 2-300.00 for prep work on a 400.00 spoiler.

Last edited by vice86; 08-25-2004 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:18 AM
ZRACING

hehehehehe

good luck

will the front lips fit?
Old 08-25-2004, 09:42 AM
vice86

I think the guy who had it put on his roadster said they had problems with the front not fitting too well either
Old 08-25-2004, 10:15 AM
n77nxc

Thanks for the update Vice! I can't wait to see the end result.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Christobal

vice, i had the same problem with my esprit back spoiler.
it was about 1" short from the edge of the bumper on the left side.
you have to tell them to put it on from the BOTTOM UP, not slip it on from the right to left or left to right.
YOU HAVE TO SLIDE THE REAR SPOILER ON FROM UNDER YOUR EXISTING BUMPER UPWARDS. ITS THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT ON SNUG.

hope the CAPS helps you understand the urgency of the matter.
good luck
Old 08-25-2004, 01:23 PM
vice86

I called him as soon as I read your post..lol.....he mentioned that he could do that but something about how the middle would be off..the part that lays into the lisence plate area...he said they got it on now so hopefully its all good. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:24 PM
whitez

good luck on that
Old 08-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Christobal

yes , the license plate area on the esprit is also tricky.
The correct way to install it, is from under the bumper UPWARDS, but you need two people, preferably three, and the two guys raise it up on the sides , while the guy in the middle PULLS on the license plate area of the spoiler so it can SLIDE up into the slot below your license plate.
I hope you can visualize what im saying.
They probably got it to fit correctly after they did it from the bottom up.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:42 PM
BulletproofRich
Banned

Gotta love replicas......

How much extra was it to get it to fit? Was the cost justified with not buying authentic?
Old 08-25-2004, 04:56 PM
vice86

not everyone could spend a million dollars on their Z's Bulletproof.

575.00 vs. 2100.00....hmmmmm.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:13 PM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

i can't believe people buy that stuff....you might think you're saving money vs. the authentic parts but by the time you've paid the body shop hundreds of dollars to cut and paste the knock off parts onto your car, the prices even out.......and you're left with something that doesn't look right...

Noone ever said authentic parts were cheap but i'de rather keep my car stock until I save up enough money for the real thing then put that stuff on my car. (not to mention I discourage anyone from buying any products that made with designs stolen from other companies)

Last edited by topsecret2001; 08-25-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Moroccan_Mole

Originally posted by topsecret2001

i can't believe people buy that stuff....you might think you're saving money vs. the authentic parts but by the time you've paid the body shop hundreds of dollars to cut and paste the knock off parts onto your car, the prices even out.......and you're left with something that doesn't look right...

Noone ever said authentic parts were cheap but i'de rather keep my car stock until I save up enough money for the real thing then put that on my car.
exactly.

one thing that really bugs me (especially @ car shows), is that people try to pass thier knock off kits as the real thing
Old 08-25-2004, 05:48 PM
vice86

Originally posted by topsecret2001

Noone ever said authentic parts were cheap but i'de rather keep my car stock until I save up enough money for the real thing then put that stuff on my car. (not to mention I discourage anyone from buying any products that made with designs stolen from other companies)

Once again...not everyone is loaded and can afford to spend the money some of you Z owners do on your cars...so the replica route is the way some of us go to save a few bucks. Doesn't necessarily mean we're gonna pay the same with prep and fit as if we just bought the original.

Thank you, please drive through.

Last edited by vice86; 08-25-2004 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:15 PM
liveoneva

Ok Vice86, kinda off topic, but I was wondering what you did to your wheels? Powder coat? They look great! I think you made the right choice on the body kity too. I'll be going with it myself. Original or replica? Only time will tell, but I think it's the best looking kit for the Z.

I'm with the others. Please post some new pics when you get them.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:11 PM
JDMkaisoku

Originally posted by liveoneva
Ok Vice86, kinda off topic, but I was wondering what you did to your wheels? Powder coat? They look great! I think you made the right choice on the body kity too. I'll be going with it myself. Original or replica? Only time will tell, but I think it's the best looking kit for the Z.

Pleeeeease get the authentic kit. That replica knockoff looks and fits like crap. It's stuff like that that gives the real stuff a bad vibe when uninformed individuals think it's the authentic parts.

I also like how vice is trying to argue about his knockoff being worth it and whatnot and then he's trying to pass it off as a real ings kit in his sig. I wonder if he's related to Senator Kerry.

"2003 SB M6 Touring Z
Ings Half Kit , Data Systems Wing, Polished AEM CAI, Performance Nissan Smoked Overlays, Gunmetal Z Touring Wheels, 20% Tint Sides, 5% Tint Back, JDM Clear Marker, SB Painted SS Grill, Z Nose Badge, Debadged 350Z Trunk Badge, Sirius Satellite Radio,
"

Old 08-25-2004, 08:28 PM
vice86

Originally posted by JDMkaisoku
Pleeeeease get the authentic kit. That replica knockoff looks and fits like crap. It's stuff like that that gives the real stuff a bad vibe when uninformed individuals think it's the authentic parts.

I also like how vice is trying to argue about his knockoff being worth it and whatnot and then he's trying to pass it off as a real ings kit in his sig. I wonder if he's related to Senator Kerry.

"2003 SB M6 Touring Z
Ings Half Kit , Data Systems Wing, Polished AEM CAI, Performance Nissan Smoked Overlays, Gunmetal Z Touring Wheels, 20% Tint Sides, 5% Tint Back, JDM Clear Marker, SB Painted SS Grill, Z Nose Badge, Debadged 350Z Trunk Badge, Sirius Satellite Radio,
"

lol....sorry I forgot to put REPLICA in my sig....yet in this post I clearly state REPLICA doofus....brush up on your reading before making yourself look like a fool. I'll change it to make you happy.

I'll have the last laugh when its done and looks great for a fraction of the price. So go ahead and make up any excuses to justify spending way too much money on an authentic kit...my Z will still look good. It's a shame Z members gotta bash on other Z members for what they buy...yah...glad you're so concerned though, thanks pal!

Last edited by vice86; 08-25-2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:31 PM
vice86

Originally posted by liveoneva

Powdercoated Touring rims from Performance Nissan...he sends you them powdercoated and you send him your stockers back once you get his.

Yeah, the Ings half kit is one of the best looking kits out there...nice an subtle. I got the replica kit for 575.00 from 350zforums.org/store

Ill be sure to post tons of pics...especially for the replica haters

TEH R3Pl1Ka InG5 pOW3nZ joo!!!!

Last edited by vice86; 08-25-2004 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:52 PM
JDMkaisoku

Originally posted by vice86
TEH R3Pl1Ka InG5 pOW3nZ joo!!!!

actually....it looks like you got owned by the replica.

As for calling me a "hater," that's funny mister 1337 hax0r. As many people have pointed out, if you can't afford it, don't buy it. I'm sure your sig was just a "mistake." The only thing "sad" is that you're defacing a great car with such a horrible knock off product. Do you wear fake rolex watches and designer clothing? If not, why do this to your car?

The whole reason these ripoff products bother me is people buy it and try to pass it off as the real thing. It gives Ings+1 a bad name if you try to call it authentic because it doesn't fit right and I'm sure it's not as durable or well made as the real thing. That's why there are so many ignorant people out there asking for kits made from heavy urethane....they've seen too many knock off fiberglass kits that fit like poop and crack easy and it gives them a bad impression of fiberglass and real JDM aero parts.....
Old 08-25-2004, 09:05 PM
vice86

nope...not owned. They got it on after a second test fit.

Well JDM...its a chance I'm willing to take by getting the replica kit...sorry you feel so strongly about them...and the sig was acually a "mistake"...why you put that in quotations...i dont know. As for "horrible knock off product"....it kinda sorta somewhat resembles the ings half kit...if you squint your right eye a little...it looks just like it

I did order the authentic Ings Half kit...but after still not being in stock 3 months after I placed the order...I was sick of waiting and just got the replica.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Strife350z

looks OK to me... i think when the shop is done, it'll look great

let us know how the fitment for the front goes

Quick Reply: Some in progress pics of the Ings Half kit replica going on.