Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some in progress pics of the Ings Half kit replica going on.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 08:15 PM
JDMkaisoku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by vice86
I'm a poser..lol.
indeed
Old 08-26-2004, 08:19 PM
vice86

Originally posted by JDMkaisoku
you'de be suprised....not all car enthusiasts are as amateur as you. If i can tell from a low res image, i'm sure it looks worse in person.

BTW, the REAL Esprit picture is directly linked off the Esprit website.....no photoshop there.
photoshopped!

Yes, I am an amateur...what's your point

As long as I'm happy with it....don't care what guys like you think....and that's the bottom line. What ever happened to Stone Cold Steve Austin anyway?
Old 08-26-2004, 08:20 PM
vice86

indeed
JDM...we could go back and forth allllll night brotha, but its about time for bed for me. Gotta get up in 5 **** hours for work...TEH SUXOR. I look forward to your replies tomorrow morning though. Why you post up so late?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:16 PM
JDMkaisoku

JDM...we could go back and forth allllll night brotha, but its about time for bed for me. Gotta get up in 5 **** hours for work...TEH SUXOR. I look forward to your replies tomorrow morning though. Why you post up so late?
It's not that late here in cali, you have 3 hours on us.

As for replies, further arguing is pointless. I've said what I've said to inform people, not to sway your opinion. I seriously hope you don't talk like you type, yah know some people might think you are a pser.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:31 PM
joust75

It's not that late here in cali, you have 3 hours on us.

As for replies, further arguing is pointless. I've said what I've said to inform people, not to sway your opinion. I seriously hope you don't talk like you type, yah know some people might think you are a pser.

How is he a poser?????? No one cares if it is a replica or not except for you. Dont see how it matters. Both kits are made out of fiberglass anyway. Do you think others are even going to care? Do you think Tom will be more likely to get a date with Lisa than Brian because he has the real Ings kit.??? Right, I can see it now. Lisa: "well guys both kits look the same but I guess I'll be going out with Tom because he spent more money on Fiberglass Dressup pieces that look the same as Brians.
I've seen cars with replica kits nearly rip apart at track speeds.
Uhh yeah right I am sure you have seen this many times Sounds like a fabrication to help your frivolous standpoint. You probably have not even been to a track.
As I said both kits are Fiberglass. Ings does not have some sort of secret technique that makes their fiberglass so much stronger. It doesent take brilliance to make a strong fiberglass product. These pieces are not effective aerodynamically to a measurable extent anyway.
Oh and if you want to talk ethics, then lets talk about how Ings over charges for a simple lip and skirt kit. Fiberglass is cheap. Paying more than $1500 for the kit is just a rip off.
Oh and you are a hater. You could have come on this thread and stated your opinion in a polite way, instead you come on and bash other members which not only identifies you as a class A cretin, but also guarantees that no one will listen to what you have to say. So much for your "informing" us.
Growup or get banned .
Old 08-27-2004, 05:34 AM
vice86

Mr. JDMkaisoku,

Thank you for your informative posts JDMkaisoku, we appreciate you looking out for the authentic aero kit community and look forward with great angst to hearing more from you in the near future.

Sincerely,
vice86
Old 08-27-2004, 05:50 AM
vice86

On a side note JDM...i didn't ask for anyone's opinion on replica vs. authentic in my post...I was showing people the progress on my install.

If i wanted to know the pros/cons I would have called this thread "replica vs. authentic"...but i didn't...but thanks for jackin' teh thread though chief.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:28 AM
ZRACING

miami vice and japanmaisoku

u guys should kiss and make out
Old 08-27-2004, 10:15 AM
vice86

make out...or make up? cuz saying "kiss and make out" is redundant.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Christobal

heres my ORIGINAL "JDM" front greddy lip.
it's sweet as *****.
but so is my replica azzed sides and back.
i love my REPLICA azzed kit.
i'm even gonna make a song about my replica kit.
here goes.
Replica, replica, ya ya ya.
replica replica, so, so , cheap.
replica, replica, your the one.
replica , replica, your so fake, i love you REPLICA KIT.
My replica kit even loves you too, mr. jdm freak.

ONE MORE TIME "REPLICA".
evrybody loves my replica kit, even though its a cheap piece of crap, who cares, my car is the bomb, hahahahaaaaa
we win.
replica's own you, jdm boy.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:32 PM
dnguyent

I bought myself a replica GT500 Nismo race car. It's called a 350Z...cheaper than the genuine race car, but doesn't move as fast nor looks as good. Great for day to day operation though.

I'm a poser.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:05 PM
Christobal

actually , come to think of it.My rims are cheap azz rims, they could be passed off a some sort of BBS replicas. My 19"s rims / tires were only 1800, compared to the more popular NAMED BRAND RIMS that run well over 3000. Boy, i'm finding out my car is looking better and better everday with lots of replica crap.
Thank goodness for the poor schmucks who made my replica crap, or my Z would look stock, and there's no way in hell I'd be caught driving "any" car thats "stock". The 350 Z didn't come with all the best goodies to begin with. That's why theres a market for replica crap.
Now there is a big difference between buying something replica, as in "stereo equip, brakes, forced induction, etc.. Things that could "fail" and cause serious financial problems, as in the need to buy "that" item again.

Look at how many dudes bought original kits, yet they end up busting up the front end after hitting something, even something small. It don't take much to break fiberglass dude. If its good fiberglass , it's gonna break, if its cheap fiberglass, it's gonna break. Wow, your kit might last 15 years, who gives a "bleep".
My kit might last 2 years, then i'll end up buying another car i want in the future anyway.

I've only spent 3300 for everything so far.
rims, tires, spoiler kit, painting.
can't beat that with a "stick"
Old 08-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Rayden2001

Quote:Christobal.
Now there is a big difference between buying something replica, as in "stereo equip, brakes, forced induction, etc.. Things that could "fail" and cause serious financial problems, as in the need to buy "that" item again.

Rayden2001:
Thats the fun part
Your car is still gonna look sweet.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:57 PM
JDMkaisoku

you guys are like preaching to a bunch of children with ATD....

Originally posted by joust75
How is he a poser?????? No one cares if it is a replica or not except for you. Dont see how it matters. Both kits are made out of fiberglass anyway. Do you think others are even going to care? Do you think Tom will be more likely to get a date with Lisa than Brian because he has the real Ings kit.??? Right, I can see it now. Lisa: "well guys both kits look the same but I guess I'll be going out with Tom because he spent more money on Fiberglass Dressup pieces that look the same as Brians.
This is the problem, Ings doesn't build the kits for just looks. They do offer performance, if you want to put "Fiberglass Dressup pieces " on your car, go buy a civic.

Uhh yeah right I am sure you have seen this many times Sounds like a fabrication to help your frivolous standpoint. You probably have not even been to a track.
Fabrication it is not. "Frivolous standpoint" You sound like a lawyer with no case. Stick to the topic.

As I said both kits are Fiberglass. Ings does not have some sort of secret technique that makes their fiberglass so much stronger. It doesent take brilliance to make a strong fiberglass product.
Actually, thank you for either pulling that from your **** or just being plain ignorant. If you ever saw a real Ings+1 piece you'd know what quality fiberglass parts are. They are designed to be lightweight, flexible, and fit right. They even have another line called "hybrid aero" which is a hybrid fiberglass that is flexible and crackproof as urethane without the weight or oil sweating problems urethane is prone to. If you think all fiberglass is the same, do you still think we haven't been to the moon or are you just ignorant?

Oh and if you want to talk ethics, then lets talk about how Ings over charges for a simple lip and skirt kit. Fiberglass is cheap. Paying more than $1500 for the kit is just a rip off.
yes ethics...let's talk about the price of an Ings+1 kit, break it on down...

The end price users like you in the U.S. see is what it is due to quite a few factors. Let's start with the beginning, the design and testing. A lot of effort is put in to create these aero parts. For simplicity we'll just designer must spend time to develop something that aids in performance and is visually appealing. Next we have the creation of the molds, and as any manufacture knows, they aren't cheap. These are just the beginning costs that take quite a bit of sales to even make back for Ings+1. Next we have production by professionals...I don't need to tell you how much the Japanese pay attention to detail...but remember, these professionals are paid in accordance with Japanese wages...yet another factor in the cost. Finally, to users like yourselves in the U.S. we have shipping fees....shipping to the port in Japan, to a distributor in the U.S., and finally to your dealer....so yes, customs and shipping fees from Japan also play a big role in the U.S. pricing.....but wait, Americans are impatient....many cannot wait for shipping from Japan and hence demand rises along side the price. Some of those are factors are totally out of Ings+1's control. (and even if they weren't, nobody is forcing you to buy their kits....if you don't feel they're worth it, don't buy them...simple)

But wait, we're off the main ethics issue....the theft of a design. From now, I won't ever refer to the crap pasted on your car as "replica." The word replica somehow makes it seem as if it's authorized or official. They?fre counterfeit products....

Oh and you are a hater. You could have come on this thread and stated your opinion in a polite way, instead you come on and bash other members which not only identifies you as a class A cretin, but also guarantees that no one will listen to what you have to say. So much for your "informing" us.
Growup or get banned .
I'm not stating opinion, I'm stating cold, hard, facts. Calling me names because you're embarrassed for having counterfeit parts on your car doesn't seem very grown up to me.

Last edited by JDMkaisoku; 08-27-2004 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:52 PM
ZRACING

make out so maisuki or kaisoku can shut up
Old 08-27-2004, 09:55 PM
ZRACING

make out...or make up? cuz saying "kiss and make out" is redundant.

make out so maisuki or kaisoku can shut up
Old 08-27-2004, 10:13 PM
JDMkaisoku

i like how Christobal brags about how light his volks are and then he has that heavy, lame Borla exhaust....better watch out cause he's car is "the bomb." All that mad tuning skill is making me scared!!!
Old 08-28-2004, 12:34 AM
Christobal

i like how Christobal brags about how light his volks are and then he has that heavy, lame Borla exhaust....better watch out cause he's car is "the bomb." All that mad tuning skill is making me scared!!!

JDM boy, your a funny girl. I don't have a Borla exhaust #1. And # 2 , i don't have Volk wheels. Now your just starting to sound like an azz clown. Go back to the holee you crawled out from.

I like how you talk about the aerodynamics of the spoilers. "GET FUGGGIN' REAL ", how many people are actually buying their aero kits for the actual "AERO DESIGN" ? Everybody adds the kits for the "DESIGN", so don't get me started.

And "YES", the Japanese kits are $2,000 - up, because everybody and their mother has touched the kit by the time "WE" recieve it.
Anybody can take a $500 item and have it shipped thru 20 different people and then the actual cost end up being $2,000.

You have actually got me "bent" if you think I would ever pay more than $600-1,000 for a fuggin body kit. I don't care how,where, when or who made the damn thing. I installed my "AERO" kit for looks, that's it. Now if "you" installed your kit for the "AERO" part, fine, I hope your car can break thru the air better than mine. I don't plan on getting my car up to the speeds that require the actual "AERO" function.

Back atcha' , boy.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:10 AM
joust75

Originally posted by JDMkaisoku the poser

you guys are like preaching to a bunch of children with ATD....

Whats ATD ???

This is the problem, Ings doesn't build the kits for just looks. They do offer performance, if you want to put "Fiberglass Dressup pieces " on your car, go buy a civic.

IF you think the Ings Half Kit offers measurable performance then you are most likely the one who would purchase a Civic and you probably purchased a gigantic GT wing for it to give you mad downforce!
Oh and even if the Ings kit added performance then so would the replicas as they are molded off the original

Fabrication it is not. "Frivolous standpoint" You sound like a lawyer with no case. Stick to the topic.

Frivolous 1. Of little or no worth or importance; not worthy of serious notice. 2.Characterized by lack of sense 3. Silly or foolish.
Hmmm... Thats definitely you. If I sound like a lawyer its because you are intimidated by the big words. I think everone else on this thread will agree I do have a case. Oh and I am on topic. I think you were the one off topic by making up a stories about seeing replica kits "nearly rip off at the track" Dude , the Go karts at the Family Fun Center Do not count as being 'at the track'

Actually, thank you for either pulling that from your **** or just being plain ignorant. If you ever saw a real Ings+1 piece you'd know what quality fiberglass parts are. They are designed to be lightweight, flexible, and fit right. They even have another line called "hybrid blah blah blah blah

I didnt say that the fiberglass was the same, I was stating that there is not much difference between the 2 different types of Fiberglass.
What is going to break the replica is probably going to break the authentic kit. The front lip is the piece that you have to worry about and with a design like the ings lip which doesent stick out but lies flush against the bumper it doesent need much strength.
I am sure you will be very secure in your Civic, with body kit pieces that are only mildly stronger that you paid three times as much for. Good for you.

I'm not stating opinion, I'm stating cold, hard, facts. Calling me names because you're embarrassed for having counterfeit parts on your car doesn't seem very grown up to me.

Facts ? I see no Facts. I only see an angry distributor upset because people like to save money.
Why would I be embarassed?? I got a flawless wing for $300 bucks. Its all primed and ready to go! Its light and it is plenty strong. The real Ings wing is $695 on Hop Up. Its pretty foolish to shell out that much when you can pay half that for an identical piece.
You are going to be the one who is embarrassed. With the money saved I can by more mods while you are still saving up to buy side skirts.
Maybe I dont seem grown up to you , but I dont care what a hater like you thinks. You could have politely stated your point, instead you behaved like a rude jerk, hence I feel no need to be polite to you. Go tell your Frivolouspoint of view to someone who cares. If you can find anyone.
I am sure everyone will use good sense and use the ignore feature for you.

PS you are a hipocrite. Your very handle makes you a poser.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:24 AM
joust75

Hey JDMKook Check out this replica. Its a good thing this guy saved money because the fit and finish on this thing are awful Its gonna cost him an arm and a leg to fix it.

Oooops! So much for your quality argument. There are quality Replica kits out there that are even better than the original. Case in point.

Dont cry now.....

Last edited by joust75; 08-28-2004 at 01:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Some in progress pics of the Ings Half kit replica going on.