Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

B.S. Negative feeback i left got taken away

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 01:45 PM
350Zforums
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you got it taken away because stock checks dont count for a sale. IF you had bought it, we charged your card and not delivered then you could post away. Sorry we are out like every million other dealers... it happens and you are making this a dragged out and immature issue now.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just like Ebay, the transaction is not going through yet, you can't leave a possitive/negative feedback.

However, 350Zforums could act in a better attitude instead of using "Sorry we are out like every million other dealers" respond. If you said you have certain item in stock then they should be instock. If your staff happen to sell it to someone else, or you can't get the item from the distributor then you should let us know as a professional courtesy.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:56 PM
350Zforums
Banned

You made a request, we attempted, pending we had located that part it would have been a sale. You were emailed and said no stock sorry and you asked for an array of other bumpers. You then went with an OEM and that was that. You cannot post feedback for a vendor making 30 calls on your behalf and then getting mad about it. We do not have a issue with anyone about this either. They accept that it is Veilside that is out of stock and they move on with their lives. you on the other hand won't for a very scary reason. I wish I had that much free time.

We tried to assist you and it didnt work out.. sorry

and Bubble he was informed very nicely via email- he didnt just figure it out 2 weeks later. Anything opposite of that is not truthful
Old 04-14-2005, 02:23 PM
jeffw

It's an unfortunate and somewhat common problem among resellers of all kinds of products to claim they have something in stock, when they don't. It's an attempt to keep customer money from going to another reseller. Also, if a customer goes to the trouble to give all their shipping information and credit card number, then they're likely to stick with the order even if the item is not in stock.

I'm not saying it was intentional in this case, however I think it's justified that customers would like feedback regarding this issue specifically.

--
Jeff
Old 04-14-2005, 02:57 PM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

As far as the trader ratings go this is still new and I'm still setting up guidlines for it.
In no way are we favoring the sponsors over the members we just want to be sure the system doesnt get abused.

At the same time input on what should be allowed and shouldnt befor the guidlines is greatly appreciated..
Old 04-15-2005, 02:00 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

yeah since there was no purchase I dont see the need for the post in the first place really.
I would like to see a vendor feedback area though as a resource to members. One in which anyone who has made a transaction with a venor can provide detailed feedback (as in a post) and the vendor can freely reply. So for example, for each vendor there would be an area with posts. That way, when I am ready to purchase I can simply go read through each vendors feedback and responses and make an informed decision for myself at to which vendor I want to use. This would be much better than the lame feedback mechanism in Ebay and would be of great value to members and vendors alike. Really the only technicality would be determining who can post (if there was a sale). But I dont foresee any problems as long as the areas are reasonably moderated with fairness both to the vendor and the consumer.
I have posted this before and hope we can get it on the list. This is not to pester you Kyle (I know you are working hard on site features) just wanted to provide the detail.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO, whether or not a purchase is finalized, you should still be allowed to post feedback! What if I called someone and was treated incredibly rudely and was dissapointed with the (attempted) purchasing experience? As another buyer I would want to know that BEFORE I went and bought something regardless of whether or not the previous buyer finished the purchase.

By the same token, maybe a vendor went above and beyond to find something for me and in the end, he couldn't do it. Does that mean that I can't post a POSITIVE rating for him since I never ended up buying anything?

And what JeffW posted is EXACTLY why these guys do this. Instead of just coming out and SAYING "Sorry we just don't have it", they try and keep you on the hook by basically lying and saying they do.

A final purchase being completed should be COMPLETELY irrelevant when it comes to posting a trader rating. Hell, a lousy vendor could D!ck you around forever and eventually cancel an order and he would be immune from a poor evaluation. Not fair at all!
Old 04-15-2005, 02:29 PM
hfm

I agree with what Jeff and Ed said. Ultimately, I think the vendor feedback forum which will be restored is the best format. All of the above is relevant and should be available for members to read in the vendor feedback portion of the forum. That includes changes in position as we've seen in this instance where whatever issues existed are now resolved.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:57 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

fair enough. If it is a forum with individual threads for each vendor then its not an issue.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I also believe it should be an allowed post. He had a bad experience. It's the same thing everyone does. If you call a place and ask if they have something, they put you on hold, go to the bathroom, come back, and say yes. Then when you go in to purchase it they say, "well, we dont have that exact one but we have this similar one (usually more expensive) or we can order you one. It's friggin annoying. WTF would I call to ask if it was in stock if I was prepared to order it!?!?
Old 05-02-2005, 01:37 PM
amf813

Originally Posted by 350Zforums
You made a request, we attempted, pending we had located that part it would have been a sale.

That what I hate about most vendors...They say they have items "In-stock" when in fact they are working out of their house and don't even have a warehouse.

Most of these vendors are middlemen agents that tell you items are "in-stock" to lock down the deal, and then they call and order it from the distributor.

They are at the mercy of their distributors which makes bad customer service out of their control sometimes...Unless they stop lying and admit they don't keep anything "in-stock" and need to check and get back with you.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:30 PM
toledo

Who actually made the call to remove the feedback? Was it at the suggestion of the vendor and the admins complied without looking into it?

If the system is still a work in progress then the vendor feedback should be restored until a definitive set of rules is ironed out. As it stands, regarding this particular occurance, the vendors appear to have much more 'pull' than the members.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Th3Cleaner

Originally Posted by dave079
My point exactly. I am sure many others feel the same about this.
I also agree with the end user in this case.

but I can only afford 2 cents.

Quick Reply: B.S. Negative feeback i left got taken away