Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Okay, done reserving my opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 02:26 PM
m777erlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been reading through this post and there are some good points and suggestions made. It still boils down to the fact that sponsors pay for the privilege to advertise and host group buys. If any joe can register on this forum and start group buys, how is anyone to know if that person/vendor is honest or a legitimate business? Many internet only wholesale shops and dishonest people have been ripping people off ever since these type forums started. Being a sponsor of this forum, why would I pay to host group buys or advertise when I can do it for free? We are a relatively new vendor to this site and like how it is expanding. As with most forums such as this one it’s the paying members/vendors that help the site grow. Ultimately there needs to be a policy that is both beneficial to all members and vendors. Evolution also sponsors other forums like s2ki.com where policy below seems to work well. Just my 2c.

Mike

The Group Buy policy on S2KI for non-sponsors follows these general guidelines:

1) You must be an "owner". You've registered your VIN and your posts show you as an Owner.
2) You must be a participant. You must acquire the same item at the same time as the other buyers
3) Profit received must not exceed the value of one (1) item. You can make enough profit from the Group Buy to acquire your item at no cost.
4) You may only offer the item once, repeat Group Buys are not permitted.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=74066
Old 07-09-2003, 02:49 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those are some good rules actually thanks for that.

and as you can see, the first step towards helping people identify vendors has been made with the plaque.

we're working on more things to give the paying vendors to help them stand out. (and help the buyers find what they want as well)
Old 07-09-2003, 03:00 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by m777erlin
I have been reading through this post and there are some good points and suggestions made. It still boils down to the fact that sponsors pay for the privilege to advertise and host group buys.

Simply because a sponsor pays for the privilege to advertise and offers group buys does not mean that all others must be excluded. What you get for the advertisement is exposure which in turn provides you with the potential for customers.

If any joe can register on this forum and start group buys, how is anyone to know if that person/vendor is honest or a legitimate business? Many internet only wholesale shops and dishonest people have been ripping people off ever since these type forums started.

Whether any joe can register and start group buys and whether that person or vendor is honest or a legitmate business is an entirely different issue. The issue here is the stiffling of competition and the censorship of thread content.

Being a sponsor of this forum, why would I pay to host group buys or advertise when I can do it for free?

Good question. The answer is you get constant exposure. That's what advertisement is meant to do. Where as one group buy may exist, the vendor and his contact information when he does not maintain an advertisement here after the group buy is done is forgotten in short order.

We are a relatively new vendor to this site and like how it is expanding. As with most forums such as this one it’s the paying members/vendors that help the site grow.

I disagree. I'm not coming here because of you, or any other vendor. That's like saying I watch TV for the commercials. I'm here for the members and I think it's safe to say that the members are what make this site grow, not the commercials on the site.

Ultimately there needs to be a policy that is both beneficial to all members and vendors. Evolution also sponsors other forums like s2ki.com where policy below seems to work well. Just my 2c.

Mike

1) You must be an "owner". You've registered your VIN and your posts show you as an Owner.
2) You must be a participant. You must acquire the same item at the same time as the other buyers
3) Profit received must not exceed the value of one (1) item. You can make enough profit from the Group Buy to acquire your item at no cost.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=74066

#1 is confusing. Does this mean you must own your business? #2 prevents members from getting the quick deal if other buyers don't, for whatever reason, get the product at the same time. #3 confuses the hell out of me. #4 also prevents competition and is ultimately bad for forum members.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:13 PM
hfm

Originally posted by ares
those are some good rules actually thanks for that.

and as you can see, the first step towards helping people identify vendors has been made with the plaque.

we're working on more things to give the paying vendors to help them stand out. (and help the buyers find what they want as well)
Maybe you can use the plaque to link it to the vendors website?
Old 07-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Jeff@Evolution

hfm, here are a couple of questions.

How do you separate the sponsors vs. non sponsors when they both have same exact Group buys going on at the same time? As a consumer, the only thing matter to me will be the price. So I would not take side of sponsor over non sponsor. Which the so called Title of Sponsor just lost it's power.

They both get the same amount exposure by posting a buy.
They both get the right to conduct business. Because the sales transaction are going on thru phone calls and pms.

Then why should the sponsor pay to support a forum, to help it grow and the non sponsors don't. At the same time, they are both achieving the same results. Making business transactions.

I believe if you are a real business, legit business and are out to make a living. Then a exposure like this website have to offer. The Vendor monthly fees are reasonable. And at the end you will make your profit back. But if you are doing this on the side for quick buck, I can see how you would be cheap to not pay for the vendor fee. Because you are only looking to make a quick buck.

Now we are back to the topic, if you are a real business that want to grow with this community, pay your dues and help the forum and you will be supported here. And if you are some "Joe" just looking to sell a couple of things and make a few dollars. There's a place called EBAY. This is a legitimate forum, and Sponsors should be protected by it's forum moderators and they should not have to worry about doing business transaction here. Their right to sell should be protected. This topic could be disscussed it over and over again. But at the end. A forum that have real rules and policy will always survive.

Here are some big forums that have great policies and have countless members and moderators that go by the same rules.

www.supraforums.com
www.honda-tech.com
www.nasioc.com
www.s2ki.com

Jeff- Evolution
Old 07-09-2003, 03:47 PM
m777erlin

Originally posted by hfm

I have been reading through this post and there are some good points and suggestions made. It still boils down to the fact that sponsors pay for the privilege to advertise and host group buys.

Simply because a sponsor pays for the privilege to advertise and offers group buys does not mean that all others must be excluded. What you get for the advertisement is exposure which in turn provides you with the potential for customers.

-I agree that it should not be exclusive to just vendors. Should not disclude anyone; however guidelines and penalties to those who violate the rules should be in place to protect the paying vendors.

If any joe can register on this forum and start group buys, how is anyone to know if that person/vendor is honest or a legitimate business? Many internet only wholesale shops and dishonest people have been ripping people off ever since these type forums started.

Whether any joe can register and start group buys and whether that person or vendor is honest or a legitmate business is an entirely different issue. The issue here is the stiffling of competition and the censorship of thread content.

-The issues relate. If there are no rules about who can host group buys then when fraudulent people host them and rip people off, it’s the member who suffers. Why not be aware of the potential issue and stop it before it happens to someone. Competition is healthy and benifical to the members which is most important.

Being a sponsor of this forum, why would I pay to host group buys or advertise when I can do it for free?

Good question. The answer is you get constant exposure. That's what advertisement is meant to do. Where as one group buy may exist, the vendor and his contact information when he does not maintain an advertisement here after the group buy is done is forgotten in short order.

Exposure and advertisement does not protect the paying vendors.

We are a relatively new vendor to this site and like how it is expanding. As with most forums such as this one it’s the paying members/vendors that help the site grow.

I disagree. I'm not coming here because of you, or any other vendor. That's like saying I watch TV for the commercials. I'm here for the members and I think it's safe to say that the members are what make this site grow, not the commercials on the site.

-I’m not saying why you came to this site, certainly not because of me. I think it’s pretty obvious why everyone is here and that’s because of the 350z. Whether they own one, want one, or just have a general interest. As stated before it’s the members/vendors that help the site grow.

Ultimately there needs to be a policy that is both beneficial to all members and vendors. Evolution also sponsors other forums like s2ki.com where policy below seems to work well. Just my 2c.

Mike

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthre...&threadid=74066

#1 is confusing. Does this mean you must own your business? #2 prevents members from getting the quick deal if other buyers don't, for whatever reason, get the product at the same time. #3 confuses the hell out of me. #4 also prevents competition and is ultimately bad for forum members.

-Sorry, #1 is specific to s2ki.com where you must enter a confirmed VIN# to have a title as an actual owner. #2 is aimed toward individuals who want to buy a certain product from a manufacture and can get a volume discount. #3 is pretty simple, say you held a group buy on an intake that costs $200. Your profit from the other members involved in the group buy can not exceed that amount and you must prove that it did not. Basically you do all the work for the group buy and you get your product free. #4 I disagree. There is plenty of competition among the vendors. Competition is welcome! Again I didn't make up these rules. I am simply sharing what similar forums adhere to in regards to sponsors/vendors.

Last edited by m777erlin; 07-09-2003 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:54 PM
m777erlin

Originally posted by hfm
Maybe you can use the plaque to link it to the vendors website?
Good idea.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:55 PM
hfm

Originally posted by Jeff@Evolution
hfm, here are a couple of questions.

How do you separate the sponsors vs. non sponsors when they both have same exact Group buys going on at the same time? As a consumer, the only thing matter to me will be the price. So I would not take side of sponsor over non sponsor. Which the so called Title of Sponsor just lost it's power.

A sponsor is one who gets constant exposure to his products and not just to one sale. A sponsor is linked from this site to his website where a customer can check out all of that sponsors wares. A non-sponsor just posts in one of the threads about a deal and it's up to the members to decide whether or not to go for the deal.

As for price, you're right the consumer will go for the best deal. That's the beauty of competition. And, the consumer should not take the side of a sponsor over the non-sponsor. He should take the best deal whether the deal is between the various sponsors or from a non-sponsor.

Has a sponsor lost power here? No. That sponsor still gets what he paid for - advertisement exposure. Just because one sponsors this site should not mean that the sponsor should dominate this forums market. If that happens, members don't get exposed to the best possible deals.

They both get the same amount exposure by posting a buy.
They both get the right to conduct business. Because the sales transaction are going on thru phone calls and pms.

A sponsor is allowed links to their website. A sponsor may have banners. A sponsor has more exposure than a non-sponsor. How the POS transaction takes place isn't at issue. The sponsors get exposure by being linked to their websites and by being visible to the members. This is all beyond the scope of a post. The non-sponsor doesn't get any of the above-referenced benefits.

Then why should the sponsor pay to support a forum, to help it grow and the non sponsors don't. At the same time, they are both achieving the same results. Making business transactions.

Sponsors are here to make money. Sponsors aren't here to help the forum or to make it grow. They're here because this is where their customers are located. That's why sponsors will pay to advertise here.

I believe if you are a real business, legit business and are out to make a living. Then a exposure like this website have to offer. The Vendor monthly fees are reasonable. And at the end you will make your profit back. But if you are doing this on the side for quick buck, I can see how you would be cheap to not pay for the vendor fee. Because you are only looking to make a quick buck.

That's not quite true. The non-sponsor here is not out to make a quick buck. In fact, the non-sponsor sold the product at virtually wholesale for the Z community. In fact, that's why this whole problem with sponsors came up. Some sponsor got ticked that the non-sponsor was helping out the Z community resulting in a small bite out of his pocket. That's why my post got deleted. And, that kind of censorship ultimately hurts the forum members here who would miss out on the great deal.

Now we are back to the topic, if you are a real business that want to grow with this community, pay your dues and help the forum and you will be supported here. And if you are some "Joe" just looking to sell a couple of things and make a few dollars. There's a place called EBAY.

So, if you're not a sponsor of this forum, go sell your stuff elsewhere. Well, what about the forum members that miss the deal as a result?

This is a legitimate forum, and Sponsors should be protected by it's forum moderators and they should not have to worry about doing business transaction here. Their right to sell should be protected. This topic could be disscussed it over and over again. But at the end. A forum that have real rules and policy will always survive.

Sponsors get exposure to potential clients. They should not get to say "you there, you can't post this, that or the other." That's not what they're paying for, they're paying for advertisement, not for censorship.

Here are some big forums that have great policies and have countless members and moderators that go by the same rules.

www.supraforums.com
www.honda-tech.com
www.nasioc.com
www.s2ki.com

Jeff- Evolution

It took me way too much time to respond to this thread. I'm not going to see how other forums set policy. That's a job for the moderators. Anyway Jeff, I trust you understand that this is about giving members the best deals, free posting by members and giving sponsors exposure opportunities.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:59 PM
350ZMatt

Default A suggestion

Right now the sponsors rule here. The site experience should be members rule. As a potential sponsor i know i am shooting myself in the foot. but I was here before the Z was in this country. and I was here when the site needed donations to stay alive. So i am a member before a merchant on this site.

As more and more vendors started coming to my350z, i approached Victor about some of my ideas on implementing a rating system for vendors, about the time iforged was selling wheels.

The new policy is impossible to manage now and moving forward. For each paying sponsor, you will have 10 members trying to sell under the radar. And that ratio will continue to grow.

If you think about it, the more vendors we have on this site, the cheaper the end cost to the consumer, thus making my350z.com a better destination for 350z owners.

If you are going to charge for something, don't charge for posting group buys and things for sale. Charge for vendor banner ads and product features. For example, you charge a company like greddy to post a full review of their kit.

I think the best thing to sell here are sticky posts in classifieds. So paying sponsors will always be on the top of group buys and for sale listings. With so many posts, being on the 1st page of results is more valuable than a banner ad or a "my350z vendor" status in my avatar.

And for a rating system, it's not hard for vendors to setup an eBay store. the cost to them is $10/month. Much cheaper than $150 here. Then the members on this forum can refer to their eBay rating to make a knowledgeable purchase decision.

Just my .02

Last edited by 350ZMatt; 07-09-2003 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:20 PM
hfm

Default Re: A suggestion

Originally posted by 350ZMatt
Right now the sponsors rule here. The site experience should be members rule. As a potential sponsor i know i am shooting myself in the foot. but I was here before the Z was in this country. and I was here when the site needed donations to stay alive. So i am a member before a merchant on this site.

Nice post, good ideas man.

Last edited by hfm; 07-09-2003 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Jeff@Evolution

hfm, I'm a very understanding person. And I take my time and read your thread and every single of your reply. I do understand you are here trying to help this community. I'm here also, or I would not have spend my money on becoming a sponsor at this forum when there's so many others out there. I like this one and I'm here to help. And provide the best prices for all members.

Originally posted by hfm
I can do a group buy for forum members at least $100 less than this forum members sponsors and more than $200 less than retail for a particular product. But, I can't post that for our members unless the vendor decides to sponsor this forum. For 35 forum members, that was a savings of over $7,000.00 from retail.
If you are capable of hard core deals like this. On top of that the credit card fees that you are taking hit on (which is 1.4-3%) And you are still be able to walk away profiting. I don't think paying a monthly fee of $140 to become a sponsor. Help the site grow will hurt you very much. It will only benefit you more.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Originally posted by hfm

A sponsor is allowed links to their website. A sponsor may have banners. A sponsor has more exposure than a non-sponsor. How the POS transaction takes place isn't at issue. The sponsors get exposure by being linked to their websites and by being visible to the members. This is all beyond the scope of a post. The non-sponsor doesn't get any of the above-referenced benefits.
A non sponsor can easily advertise in eveyway a sponsor can.
A non sponsor can easily conduct business the same way a sponsor car.

example of a non sponsor that can advertise or conduct business on this site

hfm@xxx.com -- in his signatures
hfm@xxx.com -- in his avatar
hfm@xxx.com -- in his screen name
a non sponsor throwing a GB. a non sponsor advertising for sale can be the same post as a sponsor's gb or fs.

Those are just equal to the same exposure as a sponsor's banner/link. No less. Which at the end will equal to both party (sponsor and non sponsor) making business transaction.
The whole "paying a website for exposure" thing just got cancled out. Then why would anyone PAY to become a sponsor?

If you have a solution for me, then I can cancle my sponsorship on this forum. And I'll join you in this battle for freedom of a member, freedom of speech and post the best possible prices and help this community.

My350z.com monthly expense, monthly licensing fee, web spaces fee is not my concern. My concern here is to help the my350z community and make sure the members here get the best possible prices.

hfm, I have read thru your complaints. And I was there one time, but if you can find a solution that will satisfy your complaints. Then you can count me in too.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:07 PM
nwind21

Default Re: A suggestion

Lemme point out some successful sites now using the "pay for attention" type model that HFM, 350ZMatt and others are suggesting this site do as well (myself included).

www.google.com
www.yahoo.com
www.pricegrabber.com
www.ebay.com
www.elance.com
www.match.com
www.hotornot.com

These all seem to be doing quite well off this type of model... so we don't necessarily need to follow what other forums are doing.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Default Re: Re: A suggestion

Originally posted by nwind21
Lemme point out some successful sites now using the "pay for attention" type model that HFM, 350ZMatt and others are suggesting this site do as well (myself included).

www.google.com
www.yahoo.com
www.pricegrabber.com
www.ebay.com
www.elance.com
www.match.com
www.hotornot.com

These all seem to be doing quite well off this type of model... so we don't necessarily need to follow what other forums are doing.
None of these sites are car enthusist forums. Let's compare apples to apples. Is 350z really going to be the first car enthusists site that came up with this brillant idea? That no one else ever thought of?

My350z.com does not reach no where near the members compared to these sites. So I don't see how this is the solution.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Jeff@Evolution

If you are suggesting this site use a system like Ebay. Pay for Attention. Who's going to be the one collecting money? That's a lot of accounts to keep track of.

I'm not suggesting that every sale on this forum need to be by a sponsor. But I"m suggesting the open market sale should be done by site supported sponsors and the private classifieds are free lancing. That way, a personal transaction sale are free and the massive sales targeted the whole community are regulate and conducted by the paying site sponsors.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:22 PM
hfm

hfm, I'm a very understanding person. And I take my time and read your thread and every single of your reply. I do understand you are here trying to help this community. I'm here also, or I would not have spend my money on becoming a sponsor at this forum when there's so many others out there. I like this one and I'm here to help. And provide the best prices for all members.

I appreciate that. Thank you.

If you are capable of hard core deals like this. On top of that the credit card fees that you are taking hit on (which is 1.4-3%) And you are still be able to walk away profiting. I don't think paying a monthly fee of $140 to become a sponsor. Help the site grow will hurt you very much. It will only benefit you more.

I trust you understand I'm not in anyway associated with or paid by the non-sponsor that I posted about. I posted about the deal for the benefit of forum members and so that I could get the same deal.

As for paying, yes, I think if you do a lot of business on this forum it would make sense to become a sponsor. But, for a couple of one shot group buys at wholesale designed to benefit the community when what you do is basically run a muffler shop and are not in the internet vendor business, doesn't make sense.

A non sponsor can easily advertise in eveyway a sponsor can.
A non sponsor can easily conduct business the same way a sponsor car.

example of a non sponsor that can advertise or conduct business on this site

hfm@xxx.com -- in his signatures
hfm@xxx.com -- in his avatar
hfm@xxx.com -- in his screen name
a non sponsor throwing a GB. a non sponsor advertising for sale can be the same post as a sponsor's gb or fs.

Those are just equal to the same exposure as a sponsor's banner/link. No less. Which at the end will equal to both party (sponsor and non sponsor) making business transaction.
The whole "paying a website for exposure" thing just got cancled out. Then why would anyone PAY to become a sponsor?

I answered this before for your partner.

"Being a sponsor of this forum, why would I pay to host group buys or advertise when I can do it for free?

Good question. The answer is you get constant exposure. That's what advertisement is meant to do. Where as one group buy may exist, the vendor and his contact information when he does not maintain an advertisement here after the group buy is done is forgotten in short order."

Now, if someone is a vendor and exploiting the forum the way you describe I agree. If X puts all his links, business information etc. in his avatar/sig and if is constantly conducting business they way you're privileged to do so, that's when a moderator or admin should step up and say, you X should become a paying sponsor.

If you have a solution for me, then I can cancle my sponsorship on this forum. And I'll join you in this battle for freedom of a member, freedom of speech and post the best possible prices and help this community.

My350z.com monthly expense, monthly licensing fee, web spaces fee is not my concern. My concern here is to help the my350z community and make sure the members here get the best possible prices.

I'll assume the above was all sarcastic. That is not what I want to see happen. The forum needs sponsors and ideas to promote your business should take place. Buff up the sponsors, don't nerf the non-sponsors.

hfm, I have read thru your complaints. And I was there one time, but if you can find a solution that will satisfy your complaints. Then you can count me in too.

The solution to satisfying my complaint is quite simple. Do not censor non-sponsoring deals. As to satisfying the complaints of a sponsor, any ideas to provide value for sponsorship is welcome.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Jeff@Evolution

hfm, I'm impressed by some of the valueble points you have made. But a debate is a debat, and we are both expressing our opinions here. And your debate have so far been very accuarate and on point. Have been sticking to the topic. So our friendly opinion exchange continues. Usually at some other forums, after 2 or 3 exchanges. Professionalism are out the door and here come the egos. If you do become a vendor, I can see great professionalism from here.

Here are couple more of my thoughts.

Originally posted by hfm
As for paying, yes, I think if you do a lot of business on this forum it would make sense to become a sponsor. But, for a couple of one shot group buys at wholesale designed to benefit the community when what you do is basically run a muffler shop and are not in the internet vendor business, doesn't make sense.
Who to decide when does a Buy - is a gift to the community at wholesale. Or when does a Buy - become a quick way to make money. Who can make such judgement? The person who start the buy? The moderators? (a few mods are are sponsors). Or the community (who only care about the prices). All judgements here on will be biased and the one make the ultimate decisions?
Old 07-09-2003, 06:04 PM
hfm

...So our friendly opinion exchange continues. Usually at some other forums, after 2 or 3 exchanges. Professionalism are out the door and here come the egos....

I guess if I need to buy anything from you guys, I can expect the same professionalism. That's all good.

Who to decide when does a Buy - is a gift to the community at wholesale. Or when does a Buy - become a quick way to make money. Who can make such judgement? The person who start the buy? The moderators? (a few mods are are sponsors). Or the community (who only care about the prices). All judgements here on will be biased and the one make the ultimate decisions?

I understand your question as: is a group buy a gift to the community or a quick way to make money? And, who should decide whether it's one or the other?

In response to your question, I'll ask you a question in return: should anyone have to assess whether it's one or the other? Why?

Let's assume it's a gift to the community. Does a member have a problem with this? I don't see one. Let's assume it's a quick way to make money. Does a member have a problem with this? Not if he's getting a good deal.

So, where is the problem? If anything, it may be a problem for a sponsor. If a group buy is either a gift to the community or a quick deal, the sponsor will have to do his best to come up with a deal as quick and at a competitive price. Still not a problem for members.

Where we should be leading this thread is not in the direction of preventing non-sponsor deals. Rather, we need to work on how the forum can better assist sponsoring vendors to promote their sales.

Jeff, I have to log off, if you care to discuss anything in detail, feel free to PM me.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Steve@Evolution

I have been a member on Honda-tech for 2 plus years.
This is their rules:

Best Buys Forum RULES - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

1. Posts are Limited to APPROVED Shops Only, No Exceptions.
This Includes Starting Threads, Posting to Current Threads, Or IMing Members in a thread advertising your sale or that you have a part. (Random IM History searches will show if Members are Breaking this Rule. 1st Offense – Warning, 2nd Offense Permanent Ban from HT)
1a. Approved Shops must meet the Criteria Posted Below after the Rules.
2. Sales are limited to Automotive Parts, Tools, and Things that can be used on cars.

3. Shops, No matter how many members represent them, are limited to 3 current posts in Best Buys. This keeps the Forum cleaner and easier to read. Failure to comply too this will result in a One month Ban from the Forum and the Member/Shop will be reevaluated for Reentrance in to the BB Forum.

4. Honda Tech TOS will be enforced; Failure to Obey the TOS will have Negative results. If one of the Best Buys Forum Rules Conflicts with the TOS the Forum Rule supercedes the TOS Rule.
Link to HT TOS: http://honda-tech.com/zerohelp?topic=tos

5. Do not bump your advertisement to the top by using an icon or one word. Answer a question, add some more information or add pix of what you are selling.
If you have your friend bump all of your advertisements by saying “what a cheap price”, we will figure this out and deal with you accordingly.

6. Please be courteous to other sellers. No posts saying you have the same part you will sell cheaper. If you have something to sell, start your own thread. Violators will be warned and then banned (maybe not in that order).

7. All items posted on the Best Buy forum must specify the dollar value and the in stock status of the said item. If the item is not in stock please indicate this to all HT members so as they may decide to go ahead with the order or wait until such time that stock is available. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in a complete deletion of the offending thread

8. We DO NOT Allow Grey Marketing of Products, If we suspect that you may be involved with Grey Marketing we will forward any relevant Information to the Sole Authorized Distributors of said Product and if they confirm our Suspicions a)Your Post will Deleted or Locked, b) You will Have 2% removed from any and all Members of that Shop who posted in said Thread, c) Your Best Buys “Shop Approval” will be reviewed and possibly removed.
8a. We know which Foreign Companies have Sole Authorized Distributors Vs. Dealers in the North American Continent. This Rule ONLY Applies to companies who have Sole Authorized Distributors in North America.
Just to list 3 of them
a) King Motorsports – Mugen Power Limited
b) AKH Trading – TODA Power
c) JIC USA – JIC Magic
8b. If you have been accused of Grey Marketing products you have the right to Prove your source for the part. (This can be helpful for a company who for Example: Buys Mugen Parts from a Wholesaler who buys from The Authorized Distributor King Motorsports) This info must be able to be proved Via Statement from Wholesaler and Confirmed by Distributor.

Failure to conform to the above rules will result in your Post either being Deleted or Locked, As well as the Member’s percentage points being reduced and Possibly being Banned From Best Buys or All of HT.

(The above was Posted in Red so it will hopefully burn into your Retina and you will not forget the rules.)

These Rules are in effect to protect the consumers of this board.
Thank You.
Best Buys Moderators

Best Buys Shop Approval:

1. All Approved Shops must provide the Following info in their Signatures
a) Contact name of the Shop & Seller and hours of operation.
b) Direct phone number along with a fax number where applicable.
c) A URL to the site if one is available for viewing.
d) E-mail address for any Questions or Inquiries

2. All Shops seeking BB Posting Approval must Email me the Following: (Email is AnthonySoprano96@aol.com )
a) Shop Name & Address (Street, Unit, City, State, Zip Code)
b) Contact Name and List of HT Screen names who work or will be selling for this shop on HT.
c) Copy of a Business and Resale License.
d) Picture(s) of the Outside of the Shop, proving that this is an Actual Business Location and not a run at home operation.

3. The Best Buys Moderators Reserve the right to Remove “Approved Shop” Status at any time from a Shop without having to Justify or Give reason why.

As you can see this site is old, and they tolerate no BS. I have seen too many hackers that rip consumers off. Their rules are very strick, I see people get banned all the times for arguing, misconduct, lying, and most of all, illegal business practices.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Steve@Evolution

And this is their Classified rules:Classifieds Forum RULES - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
1. Sales are limited to Automotive parts, tools, and Things that can be used on cars EX: Notebooks that you can use for Hondata.

2. Posts are Limited to normal quantity sales by members selling their parts. It should be people selling some used parts, something they bought and cant use, cars etc.

3. Please Make one post with all the parts you have for sale, NOT 5 posts for 5 different parts. This keeps the Forum cleaner and easier to read.

4.Businesses or Members (selling New products that they purchased to sell) or websites etc. are Not allowed to post in This Forum Please go to Best Buys and read the rules on posting there.

5. Anyone selling a Large ticket Item such as seats, Full interiors, Engines and the like are Required to Email the moderators the VIN that the part came from, In case of engines a Picture of Both the Vin Plate and Serial# with Block code must be taken.
PLEASE NOTE - Include a link to your Post so that WE can put the 2 together

6. There is no such thing as "pick-up only" on Honda-Tech. If you can post an ad, you can pack it and ship it. This policy is in place so that EVERYONE can take advantage of people selling things, no matter what area you live in. International shipping is up to the discretion of the seller. If you don't like this policy, don't post here. It's free to do so, so please abide by these rules.

Our Emails are TypeRmsm@aol.com & panapower@yahoo.com
There will be No Exceptions...
Failure to conform to the above rules will result in your Post either being Deleted or Locked.
These Rules are in effect to protect the consumers of this board.

Thank You.
Classified Moderators

As you can see, only used parts mainly are allowed to be posted for sale, it's very important to regulate hackers who tries to bend forum rules to achieve their goals.

Quick Reply: Okay, done reserving my opinion.