Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Okay, done reserving my opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 11:14 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Jeff@Evolution
A lot of opinions expressed. Still the Sponsors haven't seen a solution and neither did Mr. hfm. Any more ideas that will lead to solutions? That would make both party happy? I mean, we do seem like we got some smart people here. Some smart arguments. But I don't see anything aiming toward a solution.

It's my opinion that sponsors pay for advertisement, for exposure to attract customers. Anything the site does that helps in promoting this goal provides the reason for sponsorship. Additionally, there were quite a few good ideas in these three pages that provides for additional value. They should be reviewed by Mike and his advisors.

If you have other suggestions, they're welcome.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 350ZMatt

That's why i wont pay for a sponsor fee! not cuz i am cheap, but because there are about 12 posts on this board by members who dont have sponsor status Right NOW, who are selling products.
I counted more. And I'm begining to agree with Matt. Is it really worth my money and my headache for a site that can't regulate it's site. I mean even hfm said it. You guys can't police this site 24/7. You guys are not getting paid for it. And last time I checked, there's like more than 10 posts regarding selling Volk wheels. And last time I checked each seller's background. I'm the only Volk dealer that's listed. But what does that matter. Everybody here is a seller. I'm not here to fight with everyone for prices. Even it's my intention or not. Price war always end up ugly.

Thanks for showing me the current situation of this site.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Steve@Evolution

Sorry I'm back again, but this time much friendly.
What I didn't understand from before was there is some extra rules that applied in this topic. Like member fearing getting banned for avatar advertising, that should be nonsense. This forum is the first one I have encountered having this much heat on sponsering and non-sponsering sellers.
I think the guideline is much simpliar which should be like sponsers can host certain sales of product and no one include other sponser can interfer or dublicate. The number of hosting say per month is limited to certain numbers. You just simply cannot host 20 groupbuys at a time. Non-sponser trying to host GB or sales in my personal opinion should still be prohibited. That's the only way to distinguish sponser and non-sponse and the privilage. Me personally don't care much about the banner. In my experience, I have never clicked on one before, not saying no body else will click on it.
Members selling their personal used or new car items to other members have nothing to do with this guidence. Although some people can use that slowly to make business sales pretending to be selling their personal items. To make this all work, strict moderators are to giving no tolerance, no favors. I don't know how many moderators are on this site but each every section should at least have one moderator ( like classified moderator, performance moderator, kill story moderator, ect ect.. Trust me, kill story can get out of hand sometimes with trolls coming on to sites making troubles.)
I think My350Z.com is still very new, and we all should shape it into a much satisfying, peaceful, regulated community.

Last edited by Steve@Evolution; 07-09-2003 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:27 PM
350ZMatt

Originally posted by Jeff@Evolution
A lot of opinions expressed. Still the Sponsors haven't seen a solution and neither did Mr. hfm. Any more ideas that will lead to solutions? That would make both party happy? I mean, we do seem like we got some smart people here. Some smart arguments. But I don't see anything aiming toward a solution.
If everyone is saying that $150 is not a big deal to the sponsor or my350z.com's profit, then why not kill it?

Why are we trying to remake something that is perfected already! Use ebay as a $10/month rating system! that simple!

Everyone who can sell must have a seller id/store id and their user name here must reflect that. The store link will be hyperlinked in their avatar or profile, so the liability is now removed from my350z.com.

It would cost all parties involved, $10/month to setup an ebay store. and eBay has their own restricitons with someone opening a store. to prevent fraud you have to have a clean history and good standing.

Then, you can also charge sponsors to have the ability to post items for sale or group buys and sticky them on the top of the page results in classifieds. So it it now up to the member to seek out the best deals. they might have to use the search function of flip through 12 pages of threads, but hey, if they are desperate for low cost, then its up to them.

What is wrong with this scenario?
- the paying sponsors get more exposure than now!
- The non paying sponsors have to shell out $10/month on eBay to establish their eBay store to build credibility.
- the customers have access to more vendors.

Last edited by 350ZMatt; 07-09-2003 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:38 PM
hfm

If everyone is saying that $150 is not a big deal to the sponsor or my350z.com's profit, then why not kill it?

I don't think it's really our place to propose this. Ultimately, Takao or his agent must decide on how to handle sponsorship pricing.

Why are we trying to remake something that is perfected already! Use ebay as a $10/month rating system! that simple!
... What is wrong with this scenario?
- the paying sponsors get more exposure than now!
- The non paying sponsors have to shell out $10/month on eBay to establish their eBay store to build credibility.
- the customers have access to more vendors.

I think Jeff said that to compare e-bay to this site is comparing apples and oranges. I think he's right in that I'm not sure that the e-bay system would work perfectly here.

Let's keep thinking and most importantly, offer ways to promote the sponsors. We must focus on promoting the paying sponsors.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:50 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've tried to make the sponsors stand out by

1.) Adding "MY350Z.COM Vendor" in blue under the username
2.) Adding the sponsor name in red under ^ the above.
3.) Adding "MY350Z.COM Vendor" plaque (courtesy of ares)
4.) Adding sponsors/vendors to the "Forum Leaders List"

https://my350z.com/forum/showgroups.php

5.) Adding sponsors to the list of sponsors.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=34267
Old 07-09-2003, 11:51 PM
350ZMatt

Originally posted by hfm
I think Jeff said that to compare e-bay to this site is comparing apples and oranges. I think he's right in that I'm not sure that the e-bay system would work perfectly here.
I dont agree with jeff. Look, a rating system is a rating system. eBay is big and successful because they did it right. I have been an ebay member since the beginning. the rating system has seen very little changes since its inception!

Oh wow, i have full kits for sale for $1700, including fenders. check my vendor rating here.

See it works, and its easy as clicking to view someone's profile!
Old 07-09-2003, 11:53 PM
MY350Z.COM

I dont agree with jeff. Look, a rating system is a rating system. eBay is big and successful because they did it right. I have been an ebay member since the beginning. the rating system has seen very little changes since its inception!

Oh wow, i have full kits for sale for $1700, including fenders. check my vendor rating here.

See it works, and its easy as clicking to view someone's profile!
We can do that here, I could find a way to implement that.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:54 PM
350ZMatt

ok so you are thinking. what if a seller who wants to scam just finds a great ebay seller id and pretends to be them.

Easy solution! the moderators must email the potential vendor a dummy item to sell. The applicant wont know prior to this. so the applicant must then post that dummy item for sale on ebay and the moderator confirms this auction post.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:56 PM
Steve@Evolution

staying inside the site will make much more warming, friendly, and trust building relationships between host and the buyer. Call me old fashion, but I don't shop E-bay. E-bay makes me feel it's place for the desparately in need of super cheap price with risks of buying from strangers, this is implied to import performance related parts only.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:59 PM
350ZMatt

Originally posted by Evo Hybrid
staying inside the site will make much more warming, friendly, and trust building relationships between host and the buyer. Call me old fashion, but I don't shop E-bay. E-bay makes me feel it's place for the desparately in need of super cheap price with risks of buying from strangers, this is implied to import performance related parts only.
I wont make this thread into an ebay or not to ebay post. the best thing i can suggest to you is sell something on ebay. no risk to you right? Thats how i started out on there and now i buy almost everything i own thru there. i dont buy from people with bad ratings. i have had zero problems. i also just sold my bmw 535i on eBay. it's great.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:01 AM
hfm

Originally posted by Evo Hybrid
Non-sponser trying to host GB or sales in my personal opinion should still be prohibited. That's the only way to distinguish sponser and non-sponse and the privilage.
While I respect your opinion, we disagree. Forum members will lose the best deals if sponsors are able to control who can post a group buy or if group buys are otherwise prohibited.

I'm going to quote tbcz once more because this statement should guide us:

"All I will say concerning this topic is that I think what the people who run this site and make the rules must realize is that the site exists because of its members. This site is its members. The guiding principle on policies and organization must be "what will benefit our members the most?" "

Once this policy was enforced by the deletion of one of my threads, I posted on two other forums. The group buy is about 2/3 complete. Forum members on those sites are getting the benefit of that deal and Forum members on this site lost out.

Like Bonz said elsewhere in a Yoda like manner: "Not Good."

Mike, thanks for all your work on this. If you can work on Matt's e-bay rating idea that would be great. Good night folks.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:10 AM
Steve@Evolution

Is this site affraid of losing it's members or something? Are there other big 350Z forums out there?? sorry, i'm new.
This whole forsale, GB, classified section is just a sub section of the forum. I generally chill in performance section and never step in forsale section. Like honda-tech, forced induction secteion have 43535 threads and Best buys have 6387 thread. The forum is a library, not a flea market.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:08 AM
MY350Z.COM

I'm not really afraid of losing members because I know more will come. Others sites NASIOC, S2KI, SUPRAFORUMS use this system of only sponsors being able to advertise. They are successful and have built the largest successful sites for their cars. I really think the same is possible if we implement the same solutions.

- Mike
Old 07-10-2003, 08:58 AM
m777erlin

My suggestion is still to follow (not copy) the principles and guidelines of similar forums that use a proven working system. The rules and regulations are in place for a reason, to protect the members and vendors. Why try and reinvent the wheel?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:13 AM
nwind21

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
I've tried to make the sponsors stand out by

1.) Adding "MY350Z.COM Vendor" in blue under the username
2.) Adding the sponsor name in red under ^ the above.
3.) Adding "MY350Z.COM Vendor" plaque (courtesy of ares)
4.) Adding sponsors/vendors to the "Forum Leaders List"

https://my350z.com/forum/showgroups.php?s=

5.) Adding sponsors to the list of sponsors.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=34267
I like 1, 3, and 3 because I actually notice it. So now I'm begining to figure out who's a vendor and who's not.

4 and 5 are not so apparent. I NEVER go either of those places as a regular forum visitor.

Just giving feedback on your work Mike, not trying to be critical. So perhaps 4 & 5 could be reworked to something more obvious? A permenant, visible place, for vendors to be listed (i.e. the SHOP section of the forum?)
Old 07-10-2003, 10:21 AM
jesseenglish

Raise awareness of the sponsors by creating a banner that changes every so often, that doesn't scroll off the sreen when you scroll down and is clickable.

Similar to my local VW site http://www.vocs.net/
Old 07-10-2003, 10:47 AM
hfm

I dunno guys. After all the above, all the suggestions to improve sponsor visibility, it looks like Mike is heading towards following the practices of other forums.

Therefore, this is no longer a private forum, it is now a privately sponsored forum with all the pros and cons attached. In particular, members are no longer the main consideration for the forum. Rather, sponsors will control content for financial purposes.

What do members do now?

1. They can post their sales on other forums.

2. They can boycott particular sponsors.

3. They can leave for other forums.

Me, I'm chosing options 1 and 2 for now and will follow through with 3 depending upon how bad things get.

I'm not wasting any more time on this thread. If someone else wants to advocate for forum members, please be my guest because I'm done.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Jeff@Evolution

hfm, I think protecting the sponsors is protecing the members of this forum. Preventing them being ripped of by scam artists and what ever that we see so often on Ebay. Protecting one sponsor will only attract more sponsors to join this site and support this site. If I'm in the middle of deciding to become a sponsor for this site or not. First thing I look for is forum's rules and regulation on protecting the sponsors.
More sponsors a forum have.

Will bring friendly competition on prices. No one company can corner a product.
Will bring more selections of products for the members to choose from.
Will give you bigger, reputable companies. Companies that carry a lot of products.

Example:
Evolution Autosports - is wholesale distributor of Volk, Greddy, Injen, Tein, JIC-Magic and Veilside. Which are some of the products that offer tons of items for 350z.

Matix/ Bulletproof automotive - is known in many forums to be THE guys to talk to for bringing hard core JDM products/bodykits over here.

With more sponsors, which will help consumers/members get the better prices, faster time of receiving products and more selections. So let's support and protect the sponsors and the commerce of this site will go a long way.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:27 PM
nwind21

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
We can do that here, I could find a way to implement that.
That would be awesome. Seriously, I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks from a vendor with GOOD reviews... versus some unknown seller.

Customer service is seriously overlooked in a lot of vendors. From dropped e-mail responses. Rude staff. Bad attitudes, etc. If I find a company looking to help me out... I'll help them out with some my $$$.

Mike... I've asked this before... but what is the SHOP section of the forum for? I always thought it to be where you can see a list of vendors and products offered. Can we develop that section as a "paid" home for sponsors/vendors?

Quick Reply: Okay, done reserving my opinion.