Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Site is changing... to the bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 05:34 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sadly I have read the other site and know the real reasons why they left and you do not Doug. I suggest you read why most of them left on mygtr.com.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
the reason i am asking you for names is because you are greatly misinformed as to why other sites were created and why people left.. i just wanted to clear that up for you.. so when you give me names.. i will clear up what you need to know..

there has been too much following and support lately for a cause people have no idea what the real reason is

To avoid having to pull out names, would you please go ahead and jump to the conclusion and tell me the reason you believe things are how they are now?

That would probably save a lot of typing on both of us.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:35 AM
07rdsterGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sbZenth
Ive been trying to use this for a while,

Glad I could help
Old 07-23-2008, 05:48 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Sadly I have read the other site and know the real reasons why they left and you do not Doug. I suggest you read why most of them left on mygtr.com.
i have spoken to some of them personally.. and don't believe everything you read on the internet
Old 07-23-2008, 05:55 AM
doug

Originally Posted by russ713
To avoid having to pull out names, would you please go ahead and jump to the conclusion and tell me the reason you believe things are how they are now?

That would probably save a lot of typing on both of us.
well.....

'The MC Situation'

the post MC made about the link ignited everything and started the uproar.. all MC wanted was his links to his forum and he was a little offended that he wasn't made an offer for his forum. Unfortunately MC wasn't not made an offer on his forum because its not established yet. Basically my350z.com is a Built Twin Turbo running 10's .. and mygtr.com is a 14 second stock 350z. IB already wanted a proven well running machine, they arn't intersted in taking a stock Z and investing time and effort into making it run 10's.

'The Mods and Admin's leaving'

Most of the mods/admin's left because they didn't like the way O NO was running the website. Now you have to understand IB didn't pick O NO because of his name, he was probably suggested by someone else. Adrian is the community leader for all of IB's boards.. which is probably about 12 by now. It wasn't really brought to his attention the issue the mods were having with O NO and lets face it.. its hard enough to know everything going on.. on this board.. much less 12 or more boards. Adrian spoke to the mods in private and even Nitrouz who made a post on mygtr.com came back and is an Admin again. Couple of other mods felt they didn't need to come back.. Some mods didn't come back because they had issues with OTHER mods (not including O NO) and felt that since they had left.. it was their time to move on.

IF you guys really think the whole situation had anything to do with MC's post.. you should have noted that with all the mods and admin's quitting.. never once did MC give up his job.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:57 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

i have spoken to some of them personally.. and don't believe everything you read on the internet
Funny thing is, so have I. LOL Trust me, Matt was about to leave.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 07-23-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:00 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

So tell us something we already DON'T know. Everyone knows it wasn't related to MC situation. Matt's situation was just icying on the cake that is all.

well.....

'The MC Situation'

the post MC made about the link ignited everything and started the uproar.. all MC wanted was his links to his forum and he was a little offended that he wasn't made an offer for his forum. Unfortunately MC wasn't not made an offer on his forum because its not established yet. Basically my350z.com is a Built Twin Turbo running 10's .. and mygtr.com is a 14 second stock 350z. IB already wanted a proven well running machine, they arn't intersted in taking a stock Z and investing time and effort into making it run 10's.

'The Mods and Admin's leaving'

Most of the mods/admin's left because they didn't like the way O NO was running the website. Now you have to understand IB didn't pick O NO because of his name, he was probably suggested by someone else. Adrian is the community leader for all of IB's boards.. which is probably about 12 by now. It wasn't really brought to his attention the issue the mods were having with O NO and lets face it.. its hard enough to know everything going on.. on this board.. much less 12 or more boards. Adrian spoke to the mods in private and even Nitrouz who made a post on mygtr.com came back and is an Admin again. Couple of other mods felt they didn't need to come back.. Some mods didn't come back because they had issues with OTHER mods (not including O NO) and felt that since they had left.. it was their time to move on.

IF you guys really think the whole situation had anything to do with MC's post.. you should have noted that with all the mods and admin's quitting.. never once did MC give up his job.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:00 AM
sbZenth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed. This guy suddenly showed up and started talking crap to members. Review his post history. lol.
Lol. You're right that is the first thing I've said in here.

However, I've been reading every post on this thread for a while but it just bothers me that people (not including the active members) that have no idea what they are talking about are talking.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:03 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Lol. You're right that is the first thing I've said in here.

However, I've been reading every post on this thread for a while but it just bothers me that people (not including the active members) that have no idea what they are talking about are talking.
I was talking about the guy you were responding too. Not yourself. Reason why I agreed to you.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:07 AM
doug

Funny thing is, so have I. LOL Trust me, Matt was about to leave.
was about to leave not for the same reasons the other mods left.. was about to leave because he wanted his board bought and his link put back
Old 07-23-2008, 06:08 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

was about to leave not for the same reasons the other mods left.. was about to leave because he wanted his board bought and his link put back
One of the reasons, not all of them.
doug

So tell us something we already DON'T know. Everyone knows it wasn't related to MC situation. Matt's situation was just icying on the cake that is all.
more like scape goat
doug

One of the reasons, not all of them.
and he felt he should have been running the board instead of O NO
Old 07-23-2008, 06:20 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, the whole thing with Matt sucks, but that's life and we all know that much. A compromise has to be somewhere as long as you're not on the short end of the stick.

The main reason I joined the other boards was because of how this site was being run. Things changed, and of course, more noticeably for the worse. True, there's a lot of younger members causing an uproar and that's going to happen anywhere. The parts that bugged me had to do with how the board is being handled. Some members paid to contribute and get more access, while IB decided along with others that they'll just give away access to anyone, even if they were never going to contribute anything to begin with in the first place.

Bah, there's more, but the end result is, I'm still here, my premier membership renewal depends on how this site ends up at time of renewal, and I'm enjoying the "other" site and what it has to offer. Simply put, it's fun, entertaining, and will be able to provide the same information this site has as many of the members have the knowledge that people want/need to share.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Tubbs
returning to a world where people throw pine cones at their heads...
VO(chuckled)
Old 07-23-2008, 06:28 AM
doug

Originally Posted by russ713
Some members paid to contribute and get more access, while IB decided along with others that they'll just give away access to anyone, even if they were never going to contribute anything to begin with in the first place.
really? like what? the Group Deal Forum, Avatars and AG Forum are still for PM only.. what service is currently availalbe?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:28 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by dave079
Who are you and why do you think your opinion matters? What have you contributed here in your 17 posts to be able to complain? The guy was banned due to him blowing up and cursing at people.
Dave, the guy you are responding too was also banned for the same reasons for a few days too.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:29 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

I wouldn't sell anything to you... 16 posts, no iTrader. SOL sir. maybe you should spend more time on the site that "blow" if you want to use it. If you really think it blows, GTFO.
Agreed.

VO(loves it when poster's in their teen-count tell us how fugged up the site is)

Quick Reply: Site is changing... to the bad