Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Are you ****ING serious???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 07:56 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Dave i think you have some ad blocking going on.. i cleared cache and still shows
Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Nope, I don't use anything like that. Just IE 6.0. I saw the ads when logged on as a guest or a regular user a few days ago.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my question is who sold ad space on the homepage? It only happened a few days ago so it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:18 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaser720
Well my question is who sold ad space on the homepage? It only happened a few days ago so it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.
its not adspace.. its google adsense.. the same thing thats running in the forums.. its just a javascript
Old 07-27-2008, 05:27 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

It's the same stuff that runs on every page.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:44 PM
yadoh

noob? ive been a member since 2003, u 2007. you're the noob
and i know pm contribute money to the site, but im talking about a mandatory fee to use the site

Just a heads up noob. All the PM do pay and contribute to the site.

Please research and if you dont know then dont say anything.

Noobs that think they know everything
Old 07-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

Originally Posted by yadoh
why are u guys complaining?
my350z.com isnt free to run.
would u rather pay a monthly fee to use this site or looking at a couple ads?
I believe you posed a question and I answered it with a "I do pay". If everyone contributed to the site then we wouldn't have this problem at all.

Can use your 50 posts of knowledge to find a way to get rid of all of the ads for us? Thanks for the help ehh

Back to the topic on hand. I think the only way to deal with this problem is making a sticky on how to download noscript and adblock plus. If the site needs ads to fund itself then so be it. Just make it possible for users to avoid these ads if they want to.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:49 AM
Ziggyrama

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you guys care about ads? If it keeps the site free and does not detract from the essence of it, who cares. Not like we don't see ads everywhere else in life. Of all things to ***** about, this is really not a big deal. I don't even recall when was the last time I actually went to the home page.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:30 AM
will350z

Hey, it helps pay to maintain the site, but I question the SEO logic behind placing adsense on the homepage to get to the forum???

How many people are going to click the ad, instead of clicking on the members car to enter the site??? Sure you get tons of impressions, but that's it...

Last edited by will350z; 07-31-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Steven622
Banned

Adblock plus = problem solved.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:24 PM
cbeneke

Firefox + Adblock plus = much faster browsing with no dancing silhouettes, rollover popups, and annoying flash animations with sound.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Ghost_shift

This once great site is going down the drain fast. The new owners just want to make a fast buck.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:45 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

All of you guys are quick to jump the gun and the bandwagon saying how much this site sucks. Instead of whining and crying about it, why don. T you guys try to revert it back to the way things were? This forum has always been and will always be run (for the most part) by the users. Help us make this site better than before by giving us suggestions, by providing us with feedback, etc. If you're so unsatisfied with the way things are, don't run away from the problem, remedy the issue for improvement. If you're not willing to help out, i don't see how you think your complaints will be addressed. I can't do it alone. Help me help you and the forum. Don't just sit there and watch us do all the work all the while you just sit there, complain, and do nothing to help.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:09 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
All of you guys are quick to jump the gun and the bandwagon saying how much this site sucks. Instead of whining and crying about it, why don. T you guys try to revert it back to the way things were? This forum has always been and will always be run (for the most part) by the users. Help us make this site better than before by giving us suggestions, by providing us with feedback, etc. If you're so unsatisfied with the way things are, don't run away from the problem, remedy the issue for improvement. If you're not willing to help out, i don't see how you think your complaints will be addressed. I can't do it alone. Help me help you and the forum. Don't just sit there and watch us do all the work all the while you just sit there, complain, and do nothing to help.
What are you suggesting members do other than whine as you put it???
Old 07-31-2008, 05:39 PM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nexx
am i the only who doesnt care about ads? as long as it doesnt get in the way i could careless how many ads are there.

they frequently get in the way when trying to do a search.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
What are you suggesting members do other than whine as you put it???
What good does whining get you?

Why not suggest an alternative in which you believe will benefit the members AND the site? Come up with a better way of going about things rather than waiting others to take action while you sit there and "supervise" every single change.

If anything, things should be worded differently. There's a difference between merely mentioning that this and this is unfavorable vs. this and this sucks and IB is the one to blame and I support the new forum. It's not like the mods/admins of this site is just sitting here looking pretty. We are doing our best to better the forum and the whining only gets in our way and annoys us, when we're trying to do good.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:21 PM
buzzardmountain

What good does whining get you?

Why not suggest an alternative in which you believe will benefit the members AND the site? Come up with a better way of going about things rather than waiting others to take action while you sit there and "supervise" every single change.

If anything, things should be worded differently. There's a difference between merely mentioning that this and this is unfavorable vs. this and this sucks and IB is the one to blame and I support the new forum. It's not like the mods/admins of this site is just sitting here looking pretty. We are doing our best to better the forum and the whining only gets in our way and annoys us, when we're trying to do good.
Well whining to you and "malcontents" to other mods may see their(whiners/malcontents) comments as suggestions.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:25 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Well whining to you and "malcontents" to other mods may see their(whiners/malcontents) comments as suggestions.
Like I said, why not word it differently so that it's read in a more positive light rather than constant complaints?

I already gave you an example. Should I draw you a picture for easier comprehension? JK, don't cry.

edit- Here's another example. Maybe this will light up the bulb above your head. Instead of saying "Are you F*CKING serious???" why not just inquire "why was such and such implemented? I suggest you do this and this." See how the diction changes the tone completely to that of a civil manner?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:32 PM
buzzardmountain

Like I said, why not word it differently so that it's read in a more positive light rather than constant complaints?

I already gave you an example. Should I draw you a picture for easier comprehension? JK, don't cry.
No emo here......

I give both positive and negative feedback........constructive criticism.

Do you think you'll find this interweb utopia where everything is "positive light" suggestions and no "constant complaints"....????

Just ignore those that you think are whining and acknowledge those that exude positive-i-ness........that seems to be the current policy. j/k don't cry.

<---Positive-i-ness smilie
Old 07-31-2008, 06:34 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

No emo here......

I give both positive and negative feedback........constructive criticism.

Do you think you'll find this interweb utopia where everything is "positive light" suggestions and no "constant complaints"....????

Just ignore those that you think are whining and acknowledge those that exude positive-i-ness........that seems to be the current policy. j/k don't cry.

<---Positive-i-ness smilie
Yes, and we appreciate constructive criticism.

Of course, no such thing will exist, but we can try, no?

I have been ignoring it for the most part and only speaking up every once in a while to let people know that they are blaming the wrong people (sometimes).

Quick Reply: Are you ****ING serious???