Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Are you ****ING serious???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:44 PM
aarantes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
What good does whining get you?

Why not suggest an alternative in which you believe will benefit the members AND the site? Come up with a better way of going about things rather than waiting others to take action while you sit there and "supervise" every single change.

If anything, things should be worded differently. There's a difference between merely mentioning that this and this is unfavorable vs. this and this sucks and IB is the one to blame and I support the new forum. It's not like the mods/admins of this site is just sitting here looking pretty. We are doing our best to better the forum and the whining only gets in our way and annoys us, when we're trying to do good.
Because no matter what we say you and the rest of the mods/admins that are left will be up IB's *** they are horbile for this site at first I agreed with you guys that changes were not affecting us. All I see is them trying to make a quick buck and for all that say that is what we need to keep this site running we didn't need that before so what has changed besdies the owners? If I was new and came to a website and the first thing I saw was an add I would run the other way because that shows a website that cares more about money then it's members.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:08 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by aarantes
Because no matter what we say you and the rest of the mods/admins that are left will be up IB's *** they are horbile for this site at first I agreed with you guys that changes were not affecting us. All I see is them trying to make a quick buck and for all that say that is what we need to keep this site running we didn't need that before so what has changed besdies the owners? If I was new and came to a website and the first thing I saw was an add I would run the other way because that shows a website that cares more about money then it's members.
Right, I'm up IB's ***. I agree with you that some of the changes they made are just plain stupid and I disagree with them, which is why I voice my opinion in the appropriate forum (mods/admins forum), as do other mods.

You do realize that the mods that left for the most part didn't really do that much, right? They were just very "active" in a sense that they posted a lot. There wasn't much moderating going on.

And the people that are new? Well, I don't see them running because of an ad. All I see are bunch of people trying to recruit others to their forums, because they can't get the traffic without recruiters.

Let me ask you this. What did the previous owners do that made you think that they cared so much about you guys? From what I see, not much has changed, except the fact that IB has been much more progressive with their "plans" than the previous owners. Please, keep your uninformed and uneducated assumptions to yourself.

Everybody will make mistakes. It's how they go about fixing those mistakes is what's admirable. Personally, none of the owners (previous and current) were/are what I'd like them to be.

Last edited by 3hree5ive0ero; 07-31-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Right, I'm up IB's ***. I agree with you that some of the changes they made are just plain stupid and I disagree with them, which is why I voice my opinion in the appropriate forum (mods/admins forum), as do other mods.
FWIW....this is the appropriate forum for members to voice their opinions.....

You do realize that the mods that left for the most part didn't really do that much, right? They were just very "active" in a sense that they posted a lot. There wasn't much moderating going on.
That seems like a low blow to some of the mods.......however, I'll admit I have no idea if any of them weren't doing their jobs.

And the people that are new? Well, I don't see them running because of an ad. All I see are bunch of people trying to recruit others to their forums, because they can't get the traffic without recruiters.
Sometimes you should quite while your ahead.......

You label us whiners and malcontents but that sounded like someone drunken with power.

Let me ask you this. What did the previous owners do that made you think that they cared so much about you guys? From what I see, not much as changed, except the fact that IB has been much more progressive with their "plans" than the previous owners. Please, keep your uninformed and uneducated assumptions to yourself.
I'll have to agree with ya there.......

JmanZ didn't care about it's members and scammed the charter members.

Takao didn't care one bit about the members here and scammed them after being scammed himself.

Kyle didn't seem too interested in the members......just keeping it going long enough to sell to IB.

IB sure did start out on the wrong foot......

So.....like you say.....nothing has changed. Which leads long standing members to think it never will.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:27 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

You know what? You're right, I'm sorry for intruding. However, as I mentioned multiple times already, your diction and tone dictates how your post is to be read. The more civil and respectful you are while making comments and suggestions, the more civil and respectful the staff members will be when considering your post. That is not to say that the others will be ignored. You know what I mean.

And I stand by what I said. The truth hurts. They know who they are and the other mods know who they are. You forget that I was a super mod too, so I worked right alongside them.

Again, the truth hurts. And no, I'm not drunken with power. I'm actually missing half the powers I'm supposed to have. Fake admin right here. Seriously, I've been more than fair when moderating before and I will continue to be so. Other mods (of the past and present) can confirm as we worked closely together (the active ones anyway).

And I'm glad you agree. Kyle was never an "owner" though. Like I said, we're trying to fix this to the best of our abilities. Just give us a little bit of time to make things right. We are in the process of changing a few things around, hopefully for the better. Please just don't give up on the forum, the staff, or yourselves (as fellow members) just yet. That is all I ask.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:39 PM
kennedy

In all honesty I think it looks trashy. I have been on numerous Jeep forums and they don't feel the need to adverise on the front page. Yeah they have ads run across the top but not the front page. I come to this forum for info and to chat with other Z owners I don't come here to look at a city bus ad. Its bad enough I have to see ads on billboards, city buses, and yes soon to be on cop cars....... They don't bother me all that much on here but it is kinda tacky.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:53 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I agree with you guys. I hate the homepage having those stupid ads. Many of the mods and I have voiced our opinions already. I just bumped the thread up asking them to take that ad down. I'll throw a b1tchfit if I have to. It'll go away.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

I agree with you guys. I hate the homepage having those stupid ads. Many of the mods and I have voiced our opinions already. I just bumped the thread up asking them to take that ad down. I'll throw a b1tchfit if I have to. It'll go away.
Thank you for having our backs.

And feel free to change the title of thread to "why was and ad placed on the home page implemented"

I was somewhat feed up when i saw the ad on the home page so my tone was somewhat angry as it came off.

Now that i see that things are being attempted to be done in the right direction instead of the continuing "ading" of the site.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here's the deal. the intarweb has sites that folk get attached to and feel an ownership of over time because they gather there to shoot the $#!+. Folk forget they don't own that intarweb site. The owner of that space, where folk choose to gather can do what they want with it. Folk can decide to keep gathering there or not.

Back in the mid-nineties i used to visit a place called "the hub". it was really awesome and folk gathered there to discuss $#!+ that was important and unimportant to them. Then it went away. Folk wondered where they would go totalk with the folk they had established relationships with.

There isn't "that site".

Sites are imaginary places that ebb and flow. Sometimes folk stay even when there is turmoil and sometimes they don't. It comes down to investment for me.

I have so many sites that i have perused because I modded there or know all the folk who use screen names there...the intraweb's a huge experience. no need to claim ownership....explore it...

I was on MLB.com in the chat today and it was an awesome experience...lots of baseball folk there.

Last edited by surfcity40; 07-31-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:20 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I hear you guys. I feel exactly the same way as most of you do (on certain issues). I just can't word things like you guys do. And until I see some change too, I'll continue to push for improvement for the site. Trust me, I love this forum as much as the next guy and I don't want it to ever go down the drain. Again, just bear with us for a little bit. Thank you all for your patience and the inconveniences these changes may have caused you. We're definitely working on it.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:28 PM
aarantes

Personally I do not think I was that rude in my post the first line was a little out of line but that was it. Why do I think you and the rest are up there ***? Because it seems like you are afraid to voice your true feeling about the changes and I slowly see you letting go and telling us how you feel about them.

I agree with you none of the owner "cared" but they also didn't trash this place with ads to make a quick buck. The move they pulled on MC was seen in my eyes as a backstabbing and that might not be the case in others eyes but I have come to learn not to trust those kinds of people.

I guess what really bothers me overall is that we keep voicing our opinions in the right section and yet IB has refused to come in here and let us know their side of anything. They tend to do whatever changes they see fit to make a quick buck and then let you guys(the people that volunteer to do this job for free) deal with all the **** that we give you guys. I just see this as a cowardly move if your going to do something and you see it has angered people that have made your forum what it is shouldn't you atleast tell them why you did it.

I am not personally attacking you or any other mod/admin I am attacking IB because they are the kind of people I would not trust in real life they mess up and then go hide behind other people because they have no ***** to own up to what they have done.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Denum

why so seriouse?

Old 08-01-2008, 12:04 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Personally I do not think I was that rude in my post the first line was a little out of line but that was it. Why do I think you and the rest are up there ***? Because it seems like you are afraid to voice your true feeling about the changes and I slowly see you letting go and telling us how you feel about them.

I agree with you none of the owner "cared" but they also didn't trash this place with ads to make a quick buck. The move they pulled on MC was seen in my eyes as a backstabbing and that might not be the case in others eyes but I have come to learn not to trust those kinds of people.

I guess what really bothers me overall is that we keep voicing our opinions in the right section and yet IB has refused to come in here and let us know their side of anything. They tend to do whatever changes they see fit to make a quick buck and then let you guys(the people that volunteer to do this job for free) deal with all the **** that we give you guys. I just see this as a cowardly move if your going to do something and you see it has angered people that have made your forum what it is shouldn't you atleast tell them why you did it.

I am not personally attacking you or any other mod/admin I am attacking IB because they are the kind of people I would not trust in real life they mess up and then go hide behind other people because they have no ***** to own up to what they have done.
It was out of line. And no I'm not afraid to voice my opinion. I do so in an appropriate manner, however, in the appropriate section with the appropriate people for me. Just because you don't see me going around b1tching about this and that publicly, it doesn't mean that I like everything that's going on. Trust me. I'm the last person that would be afraid to say something if I didn't see it fit.

Also, you didn't know **** until I just told you that none of the previous owners really "cared." You were only here since the end of 2006, there's no way you even know half the ****. Spare me the bullsh1t. Even I don't know the past history with the first owner much more than was explained to me by the next owner and co. And with MC, again, if you don't know the details of both sides, please keep your uneducated and uninformed, biased bullsh1t to yourself. Trust me, there was no backstabbing. (Yeah, afraid to voice my opinion my ***) I tried to be courteous and respectful, yet you keep insisting on bringing out my bad side. Now you done it.

I do agree with you that IB hasn't been really upfront with all their actions and I'm quite displeased with them myself. The other mods and I have been asking for the damn ads on the homepage to be removed for days now and it hasn't been done. Yes, we know they're busy, but we're going to make sure it's done. And I agree (somewhat) with the rest of the things you said. Which is why I tell them that I want such and such things to be done, as do the other mods. Like I've repeated myself like a broken record, I am trying to resolve this whole issue and get certain things taken care of. People have been misled, from what I see and I intend to fix that. Just please, for the time being, sit tight and just try to help me out. And if you could, try to take things for what they truly mean, not for its face value. (If you don't understand that, then I hope time will reveal it all to you soon.. at least I intend to in due time anyway)

Lastly, IB has f*cked up.. several times. I am the first person to admit that. I know how you feel and how the others feel, since that's how I feel too. That's why I'm trying to be YOUR representative here to take charge and change things around. However, with that being said, IB isn't always the one to blame. There are times when other people were to blame for certain events, in which IB was accused of causing. At any rate, if you could just trust me and help me out instead of making the job harder for me (by choosing to retaliate to the person who actually cares for the forum and is trying to do good for the benefit of all), I'd greatly appreciate it.

At the very least, I'll "step down" too with my little b1tchfit. If that happens, trust me, it won't be pretty. I'm bringing the whole place down with me.

I try to be courteous and respectful to all, but sometimes people just push the wrong button at the wrong times. Sorry you had to be the receiving end, but I think you asked for it.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:25 AM
aarantes

Also, you didn't know **** until I just told you that none of the previous owners really "cared." You were only here since the end of 2006, there's no way you even know half the ****. Spare me the bullsh1t. Even I don't know the past history with the first owner much more than was explained to me by the next owner and co. And with MC, again, if you don't know the details of both sides, please keep your uneducated and uninformed, biased bullsh1t to yourself. Trust me, there was no backstabbing. (Yeah, afraid to voice my opinion my ***) I tried to be courteous and respectful, yet you keep insisting on bringing out my bad side. Now you done it.

At any rate, if you could just trust me and help me out instead of making the job harder for me (by choosing to retaliate to the person who actually cares for the forum and is trying to do good for the benefit of all), I'd greatly appreciate it.

At the very least, I'll "step down" too with my little b1tchfit. If that happens, trust me, it won't be pretty. I'm bringing the whole place down with me.

I try to be courteous and respectful to all, but sometimes people just push the wrong button at the wrong times. Sorry you had to be the receiving end, but I think you asked for it.
See I was trying to be polite about this whole issue but now that you want to be rude I will have to take it to that level.

1) I said that my first line was out of line but to be serious man you have respond with nothing but rudeness to me. I am not afraid to voice my opinion so I will do it now you have been an ******* for the most part. I even said you guys were trying and that IB hides behind you but yet I pushed your button the wrong way? HAHA

2) I'm making your job harder? I have not said **** to make your job harder I apologized were I saw due besides that my feeling still stand. So I make it harder because I attack IB? LOL IB has been a f*ck up from the get go and defense of them right now is useless.

3) Well maybe if you "step down" they will see how they are f*cking up or just replace you with a dozen more people willing to replace you in two secs they have provide to do this already.You insest on telling us how things will change most of the things we are bitching about take maybe 5-10mins to change yet they have not been done.

4)As for that last part respectful? I saw it for maybe 2 sentences then you were a straight up d!ck. Again I tried to give you the benifit of the doubt and I thought that was apperant in my last post but I guess that didn't matter to you. So my a**hole side has to come out... The "other" forums will pick and they will do so fast you want to know why? Because of D!ckheads like you are mods/admins on the "other" forums they talk things out with everyone and are respectful to the upmost no matter what tone things are brought up to them.

5)Your right every forum has its problem its how they deal with it that makes the difference and guess what this forum has acted like a lil b!tch: The owners decide to hide behind the mods/admin and then you guys in return are a**holes because you can and know that no matter what you say you can't get in trouble.

Finally since we decide to act like d!cks on here this is what I think of this site now.
my350z
Old 08-01-2008, 06:43 AM
nyguy4u

Does the ad like shitty?.. yes

Will I deal with it to offset costs (although I don't see what costs are incurred being this is a public forum) and not have to be forced to pay?.. yes

Do I hate ads?.. yes

Is there a way around it?.. yes

How?..

Bookmark www.350z.com/forums instead of www.my350z.com

Problem solved?.. yes

Will everyone stop whining about it?.. probably not
Old 08-01-2008, 08:45 AM
aarantes

^ It's the principle of things man could we all do that? Yes but yet to everyone else our forum looks sh!tty with ads everywhere I mean if we let this go whats next ads in between each posts like some forums? No thank you.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:43 AM
SS728

googleads.
I hope the money from them are going to prizes/drawings/etc. for the forum members.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:55 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by SS728
googleads.
I hope the money from them are going to prizes/drawings/etc. for the forum members.
I don't think premier* members are even getting their prizes sent out.....

I know that was one of the complaints of one of the mods who stepped down.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:00 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

See I was trying to be polite about this whole issue but now that you want to be rude I will have to take it to that level.

1) I said that my first line was out of line but to be serious man you have respond with nothing but rudeness to me. I am not afraid to voice my opinion so I will do it now you have been an ******* for the most part. I even said you guys were trying and that IB hides behind you but yet I pushed your button the wrong way? HAHA

2) I'm making your job harder? I have not said **** to make your job harder I apologized were I saw due besides that my feeling still stand. So I make it harder because I attack IB? LOL IB has been a f*ck up from the get go and defense of them right now is useless.

3) Well maybe if you "step down" they will see how they are f*cking up or just replace you with a dozen more people willing to replace you in two secs they have provide to do this already.You insest on telling us how things will change most of the things we are bitching about take maybe 5-10mins to change yet they have not been done.

4)As for that last part respectful? I saw it for maybe 2 sentences then you were a straight up d!ck. Again I tried to give you the benifit of the doubt and I thought that was apperant in my last post but I guess that didn't matter to you. So my a**hole side has to come out... The "other" forums will pick and they will do so fast you want to know why? Because of D!ckheads like you are mods/admins on the "other" forums they talk things out with everyone and are respectful to the upmost no matter what tone things are brought up to them.

5)Your right every forum has its problem its how they deal with it that makes the difference and guess what this forum has acted like a lil b!tch: The owners decide to hide behind the mods/admin and then you guys in return are a**holes because you can and know that no matter what you say you can't get in trouble.

Finally since we decide to act like d!cks on here this is what I think of this site now.
my350z
Your post makes me

You weren't being polite in anyway - saying that I'm up IB's ***. I've been more than courteous to you and the others until you kept insisting on bitching and bitching. Again, what do you want us to do? Push a magic button that changes the forum to cater to your liking? I told you multiple times that we're working to make everything better. Should I draw you a picture?

If you were out of line and you realized it then apologize and leave it at that. Don't come back at me with "you did this so I'm doing this" mentality - if anything, "you started it." You may have said that we were trying, yet you still said we were up IB's ***. Ok, buddy, way to try to sugarcoat things after you say whatever you said.

I said you make it harder, as in your constant complaints will get nowhere except annoy us when we're trying to rectify the solution. Let's say you were trying to rearrange your desk to be neater and I was next to you saying, "that should go here, it still looks like ****, etc." Yeah, I'm sure you'd love that. Put yourself in our position.

You know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe "they will see how they are f*cking up or just replace [me] with a dozen more people willing to replace [me] in two secs." From what I've seen, though, willing and able is different. Also, I've spoken with them personally and it's not as simple as you might think. Again, your limited knowledge is showing (no offense as it's true, just like I don't know your personal workplace).

You know I've been respectful. Check any other posts and you will see that I've been patient answering questions and I've been courteous when dealing with "malcontents" (). So when you said you gave me the benefit of the doubt, that's when you were saying I was up IB's *** right? Dude, go back and read your post before replying. Also, I don't even understand some parts of your last post (proofread, maybe). If you were giving me the benefit of the doubt, why don't you trust and believe me when I say we're trying to rectify these current incidents? Your complaints will only go so far. I don't see myself as a ********. I've been more than reasonable. Just because I told you that you need to quit your whining, it doesn't make me a worse of a person in general.

Explain to me how this forum has "acted like a lil b!tch." You don't even know half the stuff that went on "behind the scenes" with respect to anything you think you're knowledgeable on (and frankly, they're not really my business so don't ask me for them). The "owner" is a corporation. Do you want the president/ceo of IB to come out and say "let me take care of this for you aarantes." I guess you don't know how things work in real life. None of the admins/mods are a$$holes. We're doing our best to remedy the situation to the best of our abilities. Again, you sitting there complaining isn't going to help, so why do it? We got the point.

Lastly, if you wanted a more respectful reply, maybe you should've worded your posts in a manner that was respectable. You come in here demanding this and that, calling people names, and whatever.. then you expect me to be all a$$ kissy. Ain't happening, buddy. I may be an admin of the forum, but I have a personality and I don't cater to that ****. You want respect, give respect first.

With that said, I will be a man and apologize first for my "rudeness" and disrespectfulness. I should've been more professional, but I guess my personality took over for a little bit. So, again, I apologize. If you wish to continue feel free to do so, but please be more respectful of your fellow members with your language and tone.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:01 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain

I don't think that's why he stepped down. He just brought it up to support his reasons.

But yes, that is being discussed at the moment. And if I'm not mistaken, IB Adrian's been trying to sort it all out. I will ask for an update, though.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
buzzardmountain

I don't think that's why he stepped down. He just brought it up to support his reasons.

But yes, that is being discussed at the moment. And if I'm not mistaken, IB Adrian's been trying to sort it all out. I will ask for an update, though.
Originally Posted by buzzardmountain

Quick Reply: Are you ****ING serious???