Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.
View Poll Results: Would you like to see Max back?
Hell yeah, unban him!!!
64.44%
He deserved it, leave him banned.
21.48%
Who Cares: What a Mess
14.07%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Vote here to bring Max back

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 07:02 AM
msims

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the majority on this one. If a member is not breaking direct rules, then they should NEVER be banned. And if they ARE breaking direct rules, then they should be given fair notice, and only banned for refusing to obey said notice.

I, for one, will find other forums to post to if this one becomes unreasonably moderated.

Mike Sims
Old 08-27-2003, 06:26 PM
zoasis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Mods, whats it gonna be?

Are you going to bring Max back??

or are you going to stick to your guns and ban a good member who has given to this forum nearly as much as anyone??

I would like to hear the answer to the above, as I'm sure many members would, so I can make a decision on my member status. I'm not saying I'm leaving if you don't re-instate Max but I'll definitely start searching elsewhere out of principal alone even though I love this forum.

There's been around 100 votes come in so far with over 2/3 of members saying bring him back and less than 1/5 saying keep him out. I think the message is loud and clear that we feel Max was banned unjustifiably.

Last edited by zoasis; 08-27-2003 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:37 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it would seem to us that members are voting based on the fact that they think his controbution to the forum means rules shouldnt apply to him. we dont care if your the owner of the 350Z lemans race car, if you ignore our (reasonable) requests repeatedly you face the ban.

also people seem to think he wasnt warned, he was, more times than we can count, multiple mods PMed him on multiple occasions to which he more or less stuck his nose in the air sometime said what he knew we wanted to hear and continued his same old ways.

he will not be reinstated, tho I dont think he cares, the guy you guys all love claimed to be leaving on atleast 3 occasions. he obviously didnt want to be here, maybe thats why he didnt care that he was facing permanent punishment.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:58 PM
wren57
Banned

I do know he pushed the buttons of the mods, and I do know he was warned. I do however think that the positives of having Max here FAR outweighed the negatives. I don't think anyone can disagree there. Look at it this way: you have a roomate in college. He smells kinda bad, but he always brings hot girls in the room and has the party/beer connection. You gonna kick him outta your room? Hell no.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:09 PM
zoasis

Originally posted by ares
it would seem to us that members are voting based on the fact that they think his controbution to the forum means rules shouldnt apply to him. "
Dude, which rule did he break??? This is the only question not answered yet to my knowledge.

FFP has posted my emails, my name, my business name and another members name publicly on a website. WTF, I even asked them not to make the post of my emails and name and they did it anyway.

I think its pretty clear, you guys need to ban FFP if they have not already been banned. I'm going to hire my attorney in San Fransisco tomorrow to look into a civil suit against FFP for what they've done publicly with my emails, the bad thing is, they have taken some of the emails and put them out of context.

Come on guys, bring Max back, use a little common sense like the voting members have!

Last edited by zoasis; 08-27-2003 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:15 PM
zoasis

it would seem to us that members are voting based on the fact that they think his controbution to the forum means rules shouldnt apply to him.
Oh, and I think that the members of this site, as a whole, have a bit more intelligence than you think and we can decide if a member has actually broken a rule that is worthy of a ban.

I think you guys are just too proud to admit when one of the mods has made a mistake.

OH, and how many mods are there on this site???

That would account for the majority of the 20% against Max.

What a joke in my opinion.

Last edited by zoasis; 08-27-2003 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:28 PM
ares
Veteran

rules broken then? ok

first rule

9.) COMMERCIAL/PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
No commercial or promotional materials or links in posts and signatures. Any posts or signatures that can be competition of our sponsors or MY350Z.COM, or obvious traffic stealing posts "may" be removed without notice. Understand that we have sponsors paying money for advertising.
he posted an ATI advertisment in his sig for a period of time, he was asked to size down the image, he refused, asked him to remove, again refused. this was the first time he threatened to leave the site. he had the advertisment in to get a deal on his kit from what I understood.

next one.

10.) HARASSMENT/FLAMING

Any harassment of other members will not be tolerated. Name calling, picking fights, etc. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars, etc. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing or deletion or editing of the post and the banishment of the posting members account.
many many posts on this topic inciting and picking fights, he also touched on

5.) APPROPRIATE FORUMS

since he often picked the fights in forums as obscure as private classifieds in a thread made by him to sell his tires.(I believe you were who he was talking to on that)

also

11.) SIGNATURE SIZE

Please keep signature sizes down whether it be picture(s) or text. For pictures please keep it below 1MB and at a reasonable resolution. Signatures load on every post, so having a large one will take the page to load longer (especially for those on dial-up).
that goes back to the ATI sig

next is the big one

15.) REHASHING

When a post is locked or deleted or when member account is suspended and/or banned, it is for a justified reason. Do NOT make another post in continuation of the locked/deleted posts or your account is subject to being banned. Do NOT make a new post demanding explanation of why a post was locked or deleted. If you would like explanation of a closed or deleted post, PM one of the moderators.
my god, how many times did he recreate that thread?

and lastly the cop out rule

MY350Z.COM reserves the right to change these rules at any time and the staff's word is final.
so, which rule and offense do you disagree with?

to be fair FPP is guilty of rule "4.) PERSONAL INFORMATION" as well as "15.) REHASHING"
Old 08-27-2003, 08:41 PM
wren57
Banned

zoasis, you have a losing argument. While we agree with our desires, our motives differ. Ares, thank you for at least taking the time to interact with the members instead of hiding like the other mods. Would any of yall like to address my concerns above? Thank you.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:54 PM
ares
Veteran

I think lots of other great members are overlooked, he did get lots of mods right off the bat, but there are others, I know drbonz has the same stuff, and there are other reviews. yes his is the only negative review, which some say is why he was so important.

but to me, this is a personal opinion, but so many positives, yet one negative, and that negative came with much speculation and very little fact. I dont see how much weight can be put into a review based on a problem which was never even diagnosed, yet it kept on coming up... dont post problems till you know the cause, what happens if 2 weeks down the road max finds out his engine just blew... nissan takes reponsibility... it wasnt FPP or ATIs fault. or if they come back and say the nitrous he ran weakened something? his car had been used, and there are certainly plenty of possibilities of what may have caused it. its not right to point fingers till you know for sure.

and he certainly was the first one to point.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:57 PM
Mikestro

Originally posted by wren57
Look at it this way: you have a roomate in college. He smells kinda bad, but he always brings hot girls in the room and has the party/beer connection. You gonna kick him outta your room? Hell no.
wren,

I'm feelin' ya on this one. I would like a forum that "takes the good with the bad" but this one doesn't.

Forums are run by the emotions of the moderators and/or the rules of the forum....and depending on the forum, the percentage of ruling by emotion vs rules varies greatly.

I'm not sure if the mods are thinking they will be sued, or just aiming for a particular atmosphere or whatever. BTW, the reason people get pissed is because there is not one atmosphere will suit everyone...not to mention that there are constantly people 'testing' the bounds of the forum.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:28 PM
ares
Veteran

hey test away, I really dont mind, Im a fan of a liberal forum(believe it or not). but when you hit a boundary, we'll let you know, to most this would be the boundary... you tested, you found, you know for the future, move on.

max was more of a test, found, test, test, try and break. if you wanna find the boundaries thats fine, but dont look for boundaries so you can try and push past them.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:36 PM
wren57
Banned

im still waiting for a response to my post...
Old 08-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Mikestro

which post? You had several in this thread.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:56 PM
wren57
Banned

the college roomate analogy one.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Mikestro

Did my response suck?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by wren57
Look at it this way: you have a roomate in college. He smells kinda bad, but he always brings hot girls in the room and has the party/beer connection. You gonna kick him outta your room? Hell no.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wren,

I'm feelin' ya on this one. I would like a forum that "takes the good with the bad" but this one doesn't.

Forums are run by the emotions of the moderators and/or the rules of the forum....and depending on the forum, the percentage of ruling by emotion vs rules varies greatly.

I'm not sure if the mods are thinking they will be sued, or just aiming for a particular atmosphere or whatever. BTW, the reason people get pissed is because there is not one atmosphere will suit everyone...not to mention that there are constantly people 'testing' the bounds of the forum.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:18 PM
wren57
Banned

your response was fantastic I just want one from Ares too, as he seems to be the only mod willing to interact with the forum members on an actual clerical discussion...

me think about post you made again, and me say it good so I give gold star draw
Old 08-28-2003, 12:06 AM
zoasis

Ares

Thanks for taking the time to address the rule issue.

On the FFP issue. They need to be banned IMO for posting incorrect info about myself and my situation on the CAI. And then posting emails between max and I about parts missing on the CAI. I don't even know the ******* from FFP and he's posting my emails, name, business name as well as other member names. Something needs to be done, he has absolutely no class whatsoever bashing me and attempting to publically humiliate me by posting my emails that I requested not be posted. No legit business should ever bash someone wrecklessly with no regard, especially when they have never done business with this person.

thanks again
zoasis

Last edited by zoasis; 08-28-2003 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:49 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

rules broken then? ok

first rule

he posted an ATI advertisment in his sig for a period of time, he was asked to size down the image, he refused, asked him to remove, again refused. this was the first time he threatened to leave the site. he had the advertisment in to get a deal on his kit from what I understood.

next one.

many many posts on this topic inciting and picking fights, he also touched on

5.) APPROPRIATE FORUMS

since he often picked the fights in forums as obscure as private classifieds in a thread made by him to sell his tires.(I believe you were who he was talking to on that)

also

that goes back to the ATI sig

next is the big one

my god, how many times did he recreate that thread?

and lastly the cop out rule

so, which rule and offense do you disagree with?

to be fair FPP is guilty of rule "4.) PERSONAL INFORMATION" as well as "15.) REHASHING"

So Max broke 4 rules and FPP broke 2. So you can break up to 3 rules with no problem, that fourth, your a** is out?
Old 08-28-2003, 08:20 AM
ares
Veteran

actually its 3 strikes and your out, tho certain things will get you banned sooner(trolling) and some things will take longer. max got many warnings for each rule however.

youll notice I also went ahead and gave FPP a second strike.

as for the roomate thing, I find that analogy flawed, theres atleast 10 people here who bring girls to the party, and dont smell. and man if you tell him to shower and he just doesnt listen, eventually yeah, your gonna tell him to take a hike.

"In short, any unsuitable attitudes here lack in common sense will be violation of the rules"

thats the goal of the site, doesnt matter who you are, or how great you are, if your here to cause problems(max just seemed to step in it rather often) you wont be here long.

Quick Reply: Vote here to bring Max back