Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.
View Poll Results: Would you like to see Max back?
Hell yeah, unban him!!!
64.44%
He deserved it, leave him banned.
21.48%
Who Cares: What a Mess
14.07%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Vote here to bring Max back

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 05:01 PM
wren57
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vote here to bring Max back

You read the subject, now vote on the poll! Coup de tat! Not really, this is just a tool to organize and compile what everyone wants. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:03 PM
zuff

Bring him back, this community isn't the same without him!
Old 08-24-2003, 05:35 PM
nigevellie

shouldn't this be in general? cuz i could really care less....
Old 08-24-2003, 05:48 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to see the guy back, but this is really getting ridiculous....mods, you have more work to do
Old 08-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Z350Maniac

Originally posted by GaryK
I would like to see the guy back, but this is really getting ridiculous....mods, you have more work to do
this is not meant to flame you but to bring a perspective to you:

you may want to talk about one thing while someone else will want to talk about another.

When ATI came out there was a BILLION (exaggeration to pull a point) threads/replies to it all. I read the first one (Max's) and it was all I got into as it pretty much covered my interest and questions on the matter. Max getting banned is a HUGE matter of interest for a great deal of members on this site. It may be one of those "oh GAWD not another thread about this" thread for you, but please don't disrespect other's forum rights to post about that subject by saying it's ridiculous.

I for one support and back all APPROPRIATE ways of supporting Max (if someone were to say "let's boycott my350z.com I'd not support that personally as I feel that would be drastic, but as far as making a poll voice our overall and general opinions as a whole to possibly HELP bring Max back sooner (I realize that he won't be back till this whole thing has been resolved, but until then I will support his return.)) So long as they're not bashing the mods/owner about their decision I can't see anything wrong with these threads.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:15 PM
wren57
Banned

This will NOT turn into a flaming of the mods thread. Understood everyone?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:20 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by Z350Maniac
this is not meant to flame you but to bring a perspective to you:

you may want to talk about one thing while someone else will want to talk about another.

When ATI came out there was a BILLION (exaggeration to pull a point) threads/replies to it all. I read the first one (Max's) and it was all I got into as it pretty much covered my interest and questions on the matter. Max getting banned is a HUGE matter of interest for a great deal of members on this site. It may be one of those "oh GAWD not another thread about this" thread for you, but please don't disrespect other's forum rights to post about that subject by saying it's ridiculous.

I for one support and back all APPROPRIATE ways of supporting Max (if someone were to say "let's boycott my350z.com I'd not support that personally as I feel that would be drastic, but as far as making a poll voice our overall and general opinions as a whole to possibly HELP bring Max back sooner (I realize that he won't be back till this whole thing has been resolved, but until then I will support his return.)) So long as they're not bashing the mods/owner about their decision I can't see anything wrong with these threads.
You're missing the point. This forum is for discussion of "Engine/Drivetrain/Forced Induction" related topics. What does this topic have to do with that? Don't imply that I'm disrespecting anybody. If you want to talk about why they should allow Max back, no problem. But it needs to go in the off topic forum. Once again, I will say that its ridiculous to post this in this forum. I'm not judging the topic, but when I come to this forum, discussion of "Engine/Drivetrain/Forced Induction" is what I'd like to see. If I feel like keeping up with the Max saga, then I'd look elsewhere.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:20 PM
Rama

Just bring him back after the ordeal is over with plain and simple.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Z350Maniac

Originally posted by GaryK
If I feel like keeping up with the Max saga, then I'd look elsewhere.
which is why you have that God-given right as a human being to skip over this thread or any others you don't particularly feel like viewing, but I can see and understand your point and wouldn't mind if the mods moved this (which according to forum rules it should be.), but you hijacking the thread or filling it with "ridiculous" comments won't help. Hit the handy dandy "report this post/thread to a mod" button and solve the problem that way
Old 08-24-2003, 06:26 PM
rouxeny

This thread has been moved.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:28 PM
infidsg35

What is to stop him from making a new "name" and comming back?? He can be Maxisback!!! I vote let him back to tell you the truth I dont think he will come back because of all this stupid stuff.. We all fight on here all the time and nothing.. There is lots of info and threads on here and if you dont like and see Max started a new thread simply DONT CLICK.. Personally I read all of his threads cause there were all true and honest.. Of corse we all want to hear great things and that the Borla TD added 50HP (I wish) but its not always the case.. What Maxs latest posts have told me is to be VERY Careful of installer and wait a lil more to get the SCer cause of possible buggs..
Old 08-24-2003, 06:29 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Who is this Max and why was he banned?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:32 PM
Z350Maniac

Originally posted by infidsg35
What is to stop him from making a new "name" and comming back?? He can be Maxisback!!! I vote let him back to tell you the truth I dont think he will come back because of all this stupid stuff.. We all fight on here all the time and nothing.. There is lots of info and threads on here and if you dont like and see Max started a new thread simply DONT CLICK.. Personally I read all of his threads cause there were all true and honest.. Of corse we all want to hear great things and that the Borla TD added 50HP (I wish) but its not always the case.. What Maxs latest posts have told me is to be VERY Careful of installer and wait a lil more to get the SCer cause of possible buggs..
they prolly banned his IP. He can register another name from another computer, but if he does they will prolly ban that IP as well. All I can suggest is that if Max does have a second home comp that he reg another name and hang low or something so he can at least partake in some of the board.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:36 PM
Z350Maniac

Originally posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
Who is this Max and why was he banned?
Max (Paul) was one of the leaders for the Z's performance mods. He guinea pigged a zex nitrous kit when they were first available. He also guinea pigged the UR underdrive pullies. Lastly he guinea pigged the ATI procharger and got MAJORLY burned on the install of it (PLEASE do not press this matter further than he had a 'falling out with his installer on the way his S/C was installed.')

He writes without bias and pretty much puts it all out there ***** to the wall and tells it how it is. I've been here 7 months now and have yet to see him cross the line of being verbal about something and being flagrant about it besides the S/C install. His circumstance (IMO) warranted his behavior, but I do not own or mod the site. So the performance section of this board is at a HUGE loss with him being banned.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:38 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no... I can definitly say his IP wasnt banned, mainly cause victor is out of town, and as the only admin, he is the only one that can do that.

none the less, he was banned for repeatedly continueing a topic that was not relevent to the forum, or the threads for that matter, he would post everywhere, and somehow his threads would steer towards his problems with the supercharger install. he even did this in his thread where he tried to sell his tires.

he was asked MANY times to please stop, and he seemed to think it was a joke how we wanted him to stop, regaurdless of what he felt, there are mods here to try and enforce rules, our requests were hardly uncalled for, and yet still he choose to defy them over and over.

if you only knew the amount of warnings he was given, all disregaurded as tho his ability to modify his car somehow put him above the rules of the site. doesnt matter if your a newbie with 1 post and no Z or the top poster with a 10second Z. follow the rules or face the consequences.

he choose the latter(repeatedly)
Old 08-24-2003, 06:38 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by Z350Maniac
which is why you have that God-given right as a human being to skip over this thread or any others you don't particularly feel like viewing, but I can see and understand your point and wouldn't mind if the mods moved this (which according to forum rules it should be.), but you hijacking the thread or filling it with "ridiculous" comments won't help. Hit the handy dandy "report this post/thread to a mod" button and solve the problem that way
Well the thread has been moved, as should the other one be. And you're right, I can skip over it, but by that logic we don't need separate forums at all. It just makes things a lot easier when its kept organized. Do you want to wade through a bunch of unrelated threads when you go to a particular forum? I doubt it. I guess you could say that the forum was "hijacked" when someone posts an unrelated thread. No different from what I'm doing here
Old 08-24-2003, 06:54 PM
toykilla

unban him
Old 08-24-2003, 07:46 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

I don't think there's a person here that devoted as much of their personal time to sharing their experience with new and controversial modifications...........Unban MaxHax

Last edited by elektrik_juggernaut; 08-24-2003 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:53 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fail to see how his modifications to his car give him the right to out and out defy the staffs wishes, our reasoning for which is completely beside the point, we had our reasons, and they have been stated repeatedly, legal consequences being one of them. but when we ask something you can try and argue your side, we listen to it and in many cases in the past, we change our mind. this was not one of them.

this was not good enough for him, and he continued. and continued.

your position in the community does not give you right to disobey all the rules.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Mikestro

Okay, my SAT scores sucked and this is really the first internet board I ever posted to (now I have spread to several z sites)..... but it seems to me from what I have observed....

Off-topic is Off-topic. The only thing a moderator should be able to do is direct a thread to an appropriate area. If it doesn't fit in a particular category, put it in "off topic" and monitor that (and every) thread for illegal content. That's all you have to do.

If moderators could be held responsible for content here, they should be able to command high salaries for the position. But the job pays zero, and is not contractual as near as I can tell..... $0 compensation/no contract = $0 liability.(correct me if I'm wrong) Moderators haven't "signed up" for anything so why should they nit pick what is posted?

Steeeeeerike 2 (Mikestro interlaces his fingers and locks them behind his head and kneels down and crosses his legs)

Last edited by Mikestro; 08-24-2003 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Vote here to bring Max back