Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Where is Jim@Showstoppers??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that kind of spam. He was asking vendors for help with a charity.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by iStan
Not that kind of spam. He was asking vendors for help with a charity.
Not what I heard. In any case, he's banned and it is no longer of anybody's concern.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:32 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called CRG today and the guy there said Greg doesn't work there anymore. What?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 AM
got556

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.....the plot may have just gotten deeper...
Old 03-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by Hexxus
I called CRG today and the guy there said Greg doesn't work there anymore. What?
Are you freaking serious?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Alex,

What is the word? How was everything?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:28 AM
coolblue830

/sigh guess this means I'm totally out of luck too. Been trying to get a hold of Greg to talk about a refund on a bad fitting kit. Everyone else I talked to at CRG was either saying it wasn't that bad or just not responding at all, and now Greg hasn't been pming me back anymore :/
Old 03-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Hexxus

Originally Posted by coolblue830
/sigh guess this means I'm totally out of luck too. Been trying to get a hold of Greg to talk about a refund on a bad fitting kit.
That's my situation. Driver side side skirt does is 1/2 in. to short and the back bumper has fitment issues, missing areas where there should be extensions for bolts, and isn't even FRP like the rest of the kit. I ordered my kit back in December, and haven't recieved a replacement yet. Every time I call, I'm told my pictures were forwarded to ViS and they are waiting on a response.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:46 AM
coolblue830

Lol did they even admit there was a problem? I ordered my stuff around the same time too last year when they were still very active on the forums (before Calvin disappeared) and when I had problems and sent them pics, they basically told me it looked ok because of their "many years in the bodykit business" despite me explaining that being able to stick my fingers underneath the hatch (with the hatch closed) through a one inch gap because of a rear bumper that sat too low was an actual problem.

They didn't even offer a replacement, refund, or hint that they were going to do anything about it and suggested my car might have had structural problems or my shop didn't know how to testfit. I had to pm Greg to hopefully get some help on the situation but I guess if he's really gone now, I'm totally screwed and back to square one
Old 03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Done Deal DR

Unhappy

I just want my authentic C-West front or my cash back. Sigh...it's been nearly 2 months since payment, and haven't received an email since I gave them my contact info on 2/26. Guess I will continue to wait patiently...
Old 03-04-2009, 12:15 PM
PeterTA
Banned for NON PAYMENT

if you guys are having problems with replacement tell me the issue and ill see what i can do for you guys with VIS. ive had problems a while back with parts not fitting as well and always made sure everyone was taken care of or atleast come to a mutual agreement upon refund or partial refunds
Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Hexxus

The driver side, the side skirt is 1/2 in. to short in length. You can't slip it over the front of the fender, and in the back, it won't fit properly over the door lip in the back. Tried it with the front fender on, and it wouldn't work, so I removed it to prevent damage from scratches.

Rear bumper, under the taillight, missing a place to put bolt on both sides.

Bumper came primered grey, sanded a bit off and saw that underneath it was a smooth gelcoat white at one time. It isn't even FRP, just plain fiberglass. There isn't even anywhere to mount the lights for the backups and license plate light. There are just two holes and nothing else. Even the holes aren't molded right and are going to add to the labor to get them right.

Passenger side rear bumper sticks out, puts a lot of stress on fiberglass if you try to put it back into place.

Front bumper fits perfect.

I just want them replaced with ones that fit or a refund so that I can order something else. I've been waiting patiently for 3 months now. The car needs to be finished so it can be sold/traded before the baby is born, and this **** isn't helping me.

I managed to get ahold of someone, and I asked for a refund, and he said he'd talk to his boss and call me back.

Last edited by Hexxus; 03-04-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:46 PM
PeterTA
Banned for NON PAYMENT

mmmm the infamous ings type n replica. little do people know, even authentic ings has a huge fitment issue.
i have an authentic ings rear over here at the shop and the fitment is almost identical.

i guess through time the quality of the mold changed.

Hexxus, from what i know at the moment, VIS is currently sold out of the ings, or they stopped selling what they have at the moment, because of this exact situation.

is there a replacement kit you would take? and do you know if CRG dropped shipped from VIS or did they ship it out directly from their location??

if they dropped shipped with VIS then i can have them pull up your file and possibly have a replacement kit shipped and have them shoot you a call tag for the ings kit
Old 03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Hexxus

Originally Posted by Peter@m1autosport
mmmm the infamous ings type n replica. little do people know, even authentic ings has a huge fitment issue.
i have an authentic ings rear over here at the shop and the fitment is almost identical.

i guess through time the quality of the mold changed.

Hexxus, from what i know at the moment, VIS is currently sold out of the ings, or they stopped selling what they have at the moment, because of this exact situation.

is there a replacement kit you would take? and do you know if CRG dropped shipped from VIS or did they ship it out directly from their location??

if they dropped shipped with VIS then i can have them pull up your file and possibly have a replacement kit shipped and have them shoot you a call tag for the ings kit
CRG never told me where it shipped from. They gave me the wrong shipping company and I had to call the parent company of their shipper to find my order. I'm sending you a PM with my number, so we can talk about this in person, if that's okay.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:34 PM
coolblue830

Dang even authentic INGS has fitment issues? That's not good to hear lol considering how expensive it is. I was considering saving up for authentic to not have to deal with this again. Hey Pete that's nice of you to offer to help but have you heard anything about CRG? I know you're down in socal too, have you heard anything about what's up with them? I'd probably just want a refund or partial refund at this point, not a replacement since I don't even want the headache of dealing with replicas anymore.

oh and here's the pics of my fail ings nspec replica:

https://my350z.com/forum/members/coo...plica-ftl.html

Last edited by coolblue830; 03-04-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: added photo album link
Old 03-04-2009, 02:01 PM
PeterTA
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Originally Posted by coolblue830
Dang even authentic INGS has fitment issues? That's not good to hear lol considering how expensive it is. I was considering saving up for authentic to not have to deal with this again. Hey Pete that's nice of you to offer to help but have you heard anything about CRG? I know you're down in socal too, have you heard anything about what's up with them? I'd probably just want a refund or partial refund at this point, not a replacement since I don't even want the headache of dealing with replicas anymore.

oh and here's the pics of my fail ings nspec replica:

https://my350z.com/forum/members/coo...plica-ftl.html

yours actually has better fitment than authentic haha!!

ummm i havnt heard a thing about CRG. last time i talked to TBdesign (who also got banned) he said they were coming back to the forums but its been roughly over a week since i talked to him.

i have no clue whats going on with all the vendors. but hey atleast im the only one thats selling kits now haha.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 PM
PeterTA
Banned for NON PAYMENT

let me tell you guys which kits have PERFECT fitment from VIS

cwest
amuse
veilside v1- v3
nismo v1 and v2
strosek

there are issues with vertex and ings but soon it will be fixed just be patient.

im currently on working with getting a mold made with my own manufacturers for ings.

my ings type E kit will soon come out.
i have the front bumper available and 2k6z33 has it on his car already painted.

its up to him if he wants to post pics or not. im not sure if he wants people to see his new look juuust yet
Old 03-04-2009, 02:14 PM
coolblue830

Originally Posted by Peter@m1autosport
yours actually has better fitment than authentic haha!!
That is so not comforting lol
Old 03-04-2009, 02:16 PM
PeterTA
Banned for NON PAYMENT

i know its nott but the thing is CRG should have mentioned prior to selling.

usually when ppl pm me about ings kit. i ALWAYS mention fitment prior to selling.
and usually i get them in a kit that would fit.

thats all apart this business. sometimes on our end we arent aware and yes we do make mistakes but i make sure i get it handled asap.

Quick Reply: Where is Jim@Showstoppers??