Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Where is Jim@Showstoppers??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:45 AM
A.H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
Sadly, I think Jim was the only one.

How is Showstoppers handled anyway? When I ordered my Mastergrade hatch, I asked Jim to inspect it before he shipped, being this was the time when SS had about 5 quality control threads. I received a pm from someone, I cant remember, but he told me Jim wasnt gonna inspect shiet, due to the fact he didnt live in the same state that his warehouse is located!
+1 his profile says he lives in California but he really lives in minnesota working from his computer. Not 100% sure though so if anyone wants to confirm that'd be great.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Germanguy

andy told me, Jim couldnt see his pms anymore. anyway.. chuck didnt answer me via e-mail
Old 02-20-2009, 10:42 AM
ShanesG
Banned

He's busy making overprice CF pieces!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:33 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.H
+1 his profile says he lives in California but he really lives in minnesota working from his computer. Not 100% sure though so if anyone wants to confirm that'd be great.
I don't think that ever was a secret. He Listed the location of the shop for people who wanted to go pick up.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Germanguy

Default update!

got an instant message from chuck.
he told me, the ship will be in harbour this weekend. so, i will get my package in the end of the next week.

we will see.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:08 PM
cspinner

I ordered my Injen exhaust from them last week. I got it on Tuesday. Shortly after my order they took their classified threads down. Fortunately the box looked great and it's not as fragile as CF parts...
Old 02-20-2009, 04:57 PM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by A.H
Last IP he logged in with. Ask a mod.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:29 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by [MD]3FiFtY
Last IP he logged in with. Ask a mod.
+1
Old 02-21-2009, 02:32 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Adrian, I'd like for you to point out the TOU rules we violated. I'd also like to know what questions have been raised about product "quality". From my understanding there are plenty of other shops who offer the exact same products as we do and yet they remain a vendor (Seibon, Mastergrade, Tanabe, Injen, Rays,and Asuka are the only products we offered).

I'm glad you brought up the "feedback" of members on the forum. We have 200+ (97%) positive feedbacks on My350z, g35driver, and Myg37 from those who chose to leave feedback(most never leave feedback if good but always leave it if bad). We have a total of 7 negative feedbacks, 6 coming from My350z and 1 coming from G35driver. I can sit here and put other vendor names who have also received negative Itrader feedback and have received negative threads...yet they continue to vendor.

Of all those negative feedbacks on our Itrader rating all are from damage claims. I've said it countless times and I'll say it again, we can NOT be liable for the carriers negligence. Those who have received damaged goods have agreed that we package everything VERY well. And of the 7 negative feedbacks, every customer has received a FULL refund or a FREE replacement part and in most cases has actually returned to purchase MORE parts from our store. I'd say atleast 95% of the goods we sell on this site are carbon fiber and as we all know carbon fiber is extremley fragile. We are clearly the place to go for carbon fiber and thus why we have more goods damaged during transit then other shops.

I can sit here all day and argue all of the good things we have done for this forum, but those who actually frequent the site should know this (despite your efforts in deleting ALL of my previous threads and posts). In the end, the only people you are hurting by removing us as a vendor are the people you claim to be "protecting".
I'm wondering about this.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:46 AM
Sleepy79

Those who have received damaged goods have agreed that we package everything VERY well. And of the 7 negative feedbacks, every customer has received a FULL refund or a FREE replacement part and in most cases has actually returned to purchase MORE parts from our store. I'd say atleast 95% of the goods we sell on this site are carbon fiber and as we all know carbon fiber is extremley fragile. We are clearly the place to go for carbon fiber and thus why we have more goods damaged during transit then other shops.
Funny, showstoppers passed the buck to mastergrade regarding quality issues with the hatch i bought. Mastergrade never responded. I was going to buy a CF lip from them as well, but after all this forget it. I know there is vendor out there more deserving of my money.

My personal dealing with showstoppers was not great. They were quick to take the money, customer follow up is **** poor.

There was an issue with my postal code for delivery (paypal my mistake) I told Jim the correct one. A month later I was told to call them because my hatch had been sitting in a warehouse for a month and was going to be shipped back. Trying to get the tracking # took me over 1 1/2hrs this involved calling showstoppers several times being put on hold for over 17 mins and them hanging up on me, and calling the shipping company in the us and sub company in canada.

Last edited by Sleepy79; 02-21-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:01 AM
alic4nte

Originally Posted by A.H
Im visiting from driver, because i'm curious as to why he's banned there also. I just bought an mg2 trunk from him, so i'll be picking it up from there today. I'll confirm if he's really working there or from Minnesota if you want.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:36 AM
xxhotelcrazyxx
Banned

Hello, i had to stop by from G35driver and give my 2 cents. But i was the first one to receive a mastergrade MG2 trunk from showstoppers (provided by Jim) and from my own personal experience, the communication between him and chuck was excellent! The product arrived in superb condition and the shipping was fast. I honestly feel that Jim deserves a fair trial as they have done nothing but good for the G and Z community. Of coarse there will always be customer complaints, but thats a price you have to deal with when running a business and thats inevitable that there will always be a select view customers who are dissatisfied. But lets be honest, an honest company would not want to ship out a defective product deliberately to a customer, because they want good feedback from the customer and wish to gain more customers from word of mouth. Ive worked at shipping companies and ive seen first hand how they "toss" boxes and believe me if only people know what really went on behind the scenes, they would rather pick up their purchase themselves. All I am saying is i dont believe showstoppers is being given a fair trial and I hope everyone can see that. Like Jim said, its only going to hurt the community by taking away what they have to offer.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:42 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Originally Posted by xxhotelcrazyxx
Hello, i had to stop by from G35driver and give my 2 cents. But i was the first one to receive a mastergrade MG2 trunk from showstoppers (provided by Jim) and from my own personal experience, the communication between him and chuck was excellent! The product arrived in superb condition and the shipping was fast. I honestly feel that Jim deserves a fair trial as they have done nothing but good for the G and Z community. Of coarse there will always be customer complaints, but thats a price you have to deal with when running a business and thats inevitable that there will always be a select view customers who are dissatisfied. But lets be honest, an honest company would not want to ship out a defective product deliberately to a customer, because they want good feedback from the customer and wish to gain more customers from word of mouth. Ive worked at shipping companies and ive seen first hand how they "toss" boxes and believe me if only people know what really went on behind the scenes, they would rather pick up their purchase themselves. All I am saying is i dont believe showstoppers is being given a fair trial and I hope everyone can see that. Like Jim said, its only going to hurt the community by taking away what they have to offer.

Since your on here from driver please do a search on HERE for past complaints on showstoppers. Then come back and post again.

The issue is not all the damaged items during shipping (which is a whole other topic). It's how the people are treated after they contact showstoppers when their product is damaged. One of the customers (post #87) has been waiting a month and a half for his damaged part to be picked up. This is just one recent example

Last edited by ZU L8R; 02-21-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:46 AM
xxhotelcrazyxx
Banned

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Since your on here from driver please do a search on HERE for past complaints on showstoppers. Then come back and post again.

The issue is not all the damaged items during shipping (which is a whole other topic). It's how the people are treated after they contact showstoppers when their product is damaged. One of the customers (post #87) has been waiting a month and a half for his damaged part to be picked up. This is just one recent example
Its more than likely the shipping company's fault for damaged products, the company no longer has control of their product once it leaves their hands. People need to point their fingers to the shipping company.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:14 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Its more than likely the shipping company's fault for damaged products, the company no longer has control of their product once it leaves their hands. People need to point their fingers to the shipping company.
did you read my post?
Old 02-21-2009, 11:50 AM
xxhotelcrazyxx
Banned

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
did you read my post?
Of coarse, but i have a strong feeling the customers are calling and griping to showstoppers rather than the shipping companies. So really, why does showstoppers get banned for a few complaints? That makes absolutely no sense. Poor decision making if you ask me.

Is it showstoppers responsibility to pick up the damaged product or the shipping company. Im confused..

Last edited by xxhotelcrazyxx; 02-21-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:21 PM
MDHRZ

Of coarse, but i have a strong feeling the customers are calling and griping to showstoppers rather than the shipping companies. So really, why does showstoppers get banned for a few complaints? That makes absolutely no sense. Poor decision making if you ask me.
Re-read his post.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:47 PM
inTgr8r

Is it showstoppers responsibility to pick up the damaged product or the shipping company. Im confused..
You wouldn't be confused if you took the time to read before posting.

Plain & simple... this dawg won't hunt.
The decision was made from the top by IB,
in the interest of the members of both MY350Z and G35Driver.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:59 PM
xxhotelcrazyxx
Banned

Originally Posted by inTgr8r
You wouldn't be confused if you took the time to read before posting.

Plain & simple... this dawg won't hunt.
The decision was made from the top by IB,
in the interest of the members of both MY350Z and G35Driver.
I feel like people are only hearing one side of the story here, give showstoppers a chance to give their public statement.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only if you knew what i went through with Jim...... I was the first person to order the New Asuka Design CF hood. Guess what, Z owners from Socal actually got the hood before me. Long story short, gave me run around and never got my hood, and waited 3+ months. That is BS in my book.

Last edited by Changvi; 02-21-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Where is Jim@Showstoppers??