Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Where is Jim@Showstoppers??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 PM
alic4nte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
handle with care my ***, i just wonder if the shipping company did it or if it just left showstoppers warehouse this way

I just got back from picking up my MG2 trunk from showstoppers. It was pretty well wrapped. Here are some pics I took:

It seems there's only one guy at the shop at a time, and there's a lot of stuff sitting there waiting to be picked up or shipped. I don't blame them for losing track of who bought what. However, I'm not here to take sides as it does appear the negative > positive feedback with them in the past few weeks. I am just sharing my personal experience. I hope this sheds some light on them.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Help!!!

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
Very true. That is what worried me. I was considering placing an order, then I saw banned and it freaked me out. Can't we just lock their threads and take away their sponsor status until they pay up? Then re-open the threads when they pay?
Worried you? I bought Calvin's personal C-West front bumper ($650) and payed for it on 1/16/09. Since then, I have yet to hear from Calvin a single time, he still has my money, and then I log into work today and see they are BANNED?!?!?

I just want my damn front bumper. I don't even know what to do. I've PM'd Greg a few times and he says he'll relay the message to Calvin, but I still have yet to hear anything. Does anyone have a way of reaching Calvin, a cell number maybe? ANYTHING? I'm patient and have been into this hobby long enough to know parts can take forever to get to you, but when communication completely ends out of nowhere and the one thing that reassured you (Calvin being with CRG who is a sponsor on this site) is no longer the case, it freaks me out.

EDIT: I see now that Calvin's account no longer says "Banned", now says "Temporary Hold - Awaiting re-contract". I'd still like to know how to contact him.

Last edited by Done Deal DR; 02-23-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:48 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
Worried you? I bought Calvin's personal C-West front bumper ($650) and payed for it on 1/16/09. Since then, I have yet to hear from Calvin a single time, he still has my money, and then I log into work today and see they are BANNED?!?!?

I just want my damn front bumper. I don't even know what to do. I've PM'd Greg a few times and he says he'll relay the message to Calvin, but I still have yet to hear anything. Does anyone have a way of reaching Calvin, a cell number maybe? ANYTHING? I'm patient and have been into this hobby long enough to know parts can take forever to get to you, but when communication completely ends out of nowhere and the one thing that reassured you (Calvin being with CRG who is a sponsor on this site) is no longer the case, it freaks me out.

EDIT: I see now that Calvin's account no longer says "Banned", now says "Temporary Hold - Awaiting re-contract". I'd still like to know how to contact him.
EDIT: Done deal I just spoke with Greg and he is going to refund your money this week.

Done Deal - Calvin has been away for awhile on some personal stuff I'm sure he will get to you. As far as CRG they are not banned they simply forgot to pay their IB account and are doing so right now.

Last edited by TBDesigns; 02-23-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by TBDesigns
EDIT: Done deal I just spoke with Greg and he is going to refund your money this week.

Done Deal - Calvin has been away for awhile on some personal stuff I'm sure he will get to you. As far as CRG they are not banned they simply forgot to pay their IB account and are doing so right now.
Yeah, that's the gist of what I've heard as well regarding Calvin. Like I said, I'm very patient, but the whole vendor banned thing freaked me out in addition to not hearing from him since 1/16. He seems like a legitimately honest guy so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for the update TB, I appreciate it.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Done Deal DR

I just saw your edit, do you know what the deal is with the refunding of my money versus just shipping the bumper? I have yet to hear anything so I'm completely in the dark here as to whats going on.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:05 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

I just saw your edit, do you know what the deal is with the refunding of my money versus just shipping the bumper? I have yet to hear anything so I'm completely in the dark here as to whats going on.
I have no clue to tell you the truth and I didn't ask But Greg said he is refunding you out of his own pocket.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by TBDesigns
I have no clue to tell you the truth and I didn't ask But Greg said he is refunding you out of his own pocket.
Woah, that is some weird stuff...I mean, I definitely appreciate it, I just wonder what the circumstances are that would warrant Greg wanting to pay me off for a part that Calvin sold off of his personal car that had no apparent ties to CRG.

The entire ordeal really has been strange, to say the least.

Last edited by Done Deal DR; 02-23-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:23 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

Woah, that is some weird stuff...I mean, I definitely appreciate it, I just wonder what the circumstances are that would warrant Greg wanting to pay me off for a part that Calvin sold off of his personal car that had no apparent ties to CRG.

The entire ordeal really has been strange, to say the least.
I don't know the details but seems like rough times I guess it's cause Calvin is part of CRG and it still has CRG attached to it
Old 02-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Marino Z
Know it all

hmm i am glad that i didn't order TS rear diffuser from him couple weeks ago...
Old 02-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered an ings+1 full kit from Greg at CRG and have been working on getting two parts with fitment problems replaced. Driver side skirt was an inch too short, and the rear bumper wasn't FRP like the front bumper and side skirts and didn't fit right anyway. I sent him a bunch of pictures, which he said he forwarded to the manufacturer, but he says they haven't gotten back in touch with him. Last couple times I talked to him, he sounded in pretty rough shape, but he's always been cool with me and always talks to me when I call.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Hexxus

Bump update;

Been trying to call CRG for the last couple of days and no one has been answering out there. Anyone got word of anything?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:12 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by Hexxus
Bump update;

Been trying to call CRG for the last couple of days and no one has been answering out there. Anyone got word of anything?
I've talked to Greg a few times this week and texting him right now.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:43 PM
madpanda

OT: But Greg@CRG is a model sponsor and business man, I'm sure he's not trying to short any of you guys.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:49 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by Hexxus
Bump update;

PM me Greg said I can give you his personal Cell number
Old 02-25-2009, 06:53 PM
PeterTA
Banned for NON PAYMENT

man.. whatt is goingg on?
Old 02-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Boba

Hey look who made it to the headlines for the 9999th time!

Wow look, the sign said "Dead End" but y'all ignorant people just kept going n going, and this is what happens. You guys don't listen and always backed that guy up. Well this is what you get.

- Me (First hand experience along with many other victims)

Edit: Y'all might think ya'll can get away with a few counts of dishonesty & bsing, but we have eyes!

Last edited by Boba; 02-25-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Gary@CRG

Hey guys, this Gary checking in on my350z to just clear some things up before MORE of the community gets worried. [I'm a sales rep. over here @ CRG]

Here are some things that Calvin@CRG wanted me to touch upon to just clear the air.

First things first,

The reason why we have been deemed BANNED on my350z.com and been removed as a vendor is because we have not paid our vendor fees. As some moderators have cleared up, being banned also involves threads/posts being deleted and such.

The reason for this is simply because we forgot to give IB [owners of my350z.com] our new credit card info and they did not think of using the same credit card we use for another one of the forums they own as well [honda-tech.com] The reason why we forgot/fell behind is simply because we are in the middle of a HUGE MOVE in which both Greg and Calvin of CRG are deeply involved in. Calvin especially since he has taken the role of organizing the entire thing.

ANY AND ALL pending payments/orders and what not CANNOT be processed/finalized simply because Greg and Calvin cannot log onto their accounts. We are in the process of clearing this payment issue with IB. This happened last friday and we could not do anything about it this past weekend. We have also had problems [on our end] to contact IB.

Any issues on fitment/replacement parts, or if your items were damaged, or if incorrect items have arrived to you, we can only ask that the customers stay patient until we get back onto the forums and Greg and Calvin can get back into their PM box.

For Done Deal RR,

"Hey, this is Calvin. Please respond with an e-mail address I can reach you at. I have a lot of explaning to do regarding our transaction on the bumper. I thank you for being patient and would like to speak with you directly regarding the bad handling [on my end of the deal]. I'll speak with you soon" -Calvin@CRG

All in all, we would like to thank the entire my350z.com community for standing up for us and what not in the middle of this entire thing. We understand the worry that might have been instilled in our past/current/potential customers and we hope to do right by the mistakes by both IB and CRG to get the ball rolling once again as soon as possible.

Also, at this time, CRG Motorsports does not have any comments regarding the situation of Showstoppers on my350z.com other than "They've been very kind and fair to us as new vendors and have showed us nothing but respect and vis versa. We are sad to see Jim@Showstoppers go."

-Gary@CRG

P.S. If people are having trouble contacting us, our # is 626-400-8040. We are constantly in and out of the office and will be in the following weeks settling into this huge move. So please, if there isnt an answer, leave a name and number and we will try and get into contact as soon as we can.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by Gary@CRG
Hey guys, this Gary checking in on my350z to just clear some things up before MORE of the community gets worried. [I'm a sales rep. over here @ CRG]

Here are some things that Calvin@CRG wanted me to touch upon to just clear the air.

First things first,

The reason why we have been deemed BANNED on my350z.com and been removed as a vendor is because we have not paid our vendor fees. As some moderators have cleared up, being banned also involves threads/posts being deleted and such.

The reason for this is simply because we forgot to give IB [owners of my350z.com] our new credit card info and they did not think of using the same credit card we use for another one of the forums they own as well [honda-tech.com] The reason why we forgot/fell behind is simply because we are in the middle of a HUGE MOVE in which both Greg and Calvin of CRG are deeply involved in. Calvin especially since he has taken the role of organizing the entire thing.

ANY AND ALL pending payments/orders and what not CANNOT be processed/finalized simply because Greg and Calvin cannot log onto their accounts. We are in the process of clearing this payment issue with IB. This happened last friday and we could not do anything about it this past weekend. We have also had problems [on our end] to contact IB.

Any issues on fitment/replacement parts, or if your items were damaged, or if incorrect items have arrived to you, we can only ask that the customers stay patient until we get back onto the forums and Greg and Calvin can get back into their PM box.

For Done Deal RR,

"Hey, this is Calvin. Please respond with an e-mail address I can reach you at. I have a lot of explaning to do regarding our transaction on the bumper. I thank you for being patient and would like to speak with you directly regarding the bad handling [on my end of the deal]. I'll speak with you soon" -Calvin@CRG

All in all, we would like to thank the entire my350z.com community for standing up for us and what not in the middle of this entire thing. We understand the worry that might have been instilled in our past/current/potential customers and we hope to do right by the mistakes by both IB and CRG to get the ball rolling once again as soon as possible.

Also, at this time, CRG Motorsports does not have any comments regarding the situation of Showstoppers on my350z.com other than "They've been very kind and fair to us as new vendors and have showed us nothing but respect and vis versa. We are sad to see Jim@Showstoppers go."

-Gary@CRG

P.S. If people are having trouble contacting us, our # is 626-400-8040. We are constantly in and out of the office and will be in the following weeks settling into this huge move. So please, if there isnt an answer, leave a name and number and we will try and get into contact as soon as we can.
Please tell Calvin I can be reached @ derek.ross2@***.com. Many thanks!

Last edited by Done Deal DR; 02-26-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 AM
Germanguy

sorry, I dont understand. but does CRG have to do with showstoppers usa ?

Alex.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Done Deal DR

Absolutely nothing, but at the time CRG was shown as "banned" due to a payment issue which happened at nearly the same time as Showstopper's banning.

Quick Reply: Where is Jim@Showstoppers??