Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Where is Jim@Showstoppers??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 07:25 AM
AllStock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably rotting in a prison somewhere.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:35 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

I think its about time. Jims fault or not that company was doing sh1tty business. I would be shut down if I dealt with customers that way. I think Jim could have handled some of the situations a little better.

Shipping company's fault or not, the customer is YOUR customer not the shipping company's. Send a new product with a pickup recipet.

I see that Jim has been shut down but why is Showstoppers still on the site. If it wasn't Jims fault then whos was it. The owners? If so get him out of here before he causes more problems.

O well

Chris
Old 02-19-2009, 10:08 AM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by NA&CH
I think its about time. Jims fault or not that company was doing sh1tty business. I would be shut down if I dealt with customers that way. I think Jim could have handled some of the situations a little better.

Shipping company's fault or not, the customer is YOUR customer not the shipping company's. Send a new product with a pickup recipet.

I see that Jim has been shut down but why is Showstoppers still on the site. If it wasn't Jims fault then whos was it. The owners? If so get him out of here before he causes more problems.

O well

Chris

I could not agree more Chris. If I order something and it comes to my house damaged, send me another one and YOU take care of the claim. Its not Showstoppers fault it was damaged, but it sure as hell isnt the customers either. Everytime there is a thread on this guy its the same thing. Until it gets to my door and in good shape, its not the customers, its Showstoppers.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:21 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by danisr1
I could not agree more Chris. If I order something and it comes to my house damaged, send me another one and YOU take care of the claim. Its not Showstoppers fault it was damaged, but it sure as hell isnt the customers either. Everytime there is a thread on this guy its the same thing. Until it gets to my door and in good shape, its not the customers, its Showstoppers.
I wouldn't send out another item until the one damaged is returned, or the claim has been validated. Businesses would be broke if all the customers want a return on something that might not be broke in the first place.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:30 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by turismo
I wouldn't send out another item until the one damaged is returned, or the claim has been validated. Businesses would be broke if all the customers want a return on something that might not be broke in the first place.
When I ordered my Stoptech rear BBK, they shipped me slotted rotors instead of drilled. I sent Gary @ Stoptech pics with my camera phone to confirm. This was on a Friday. Without hesitation, he over-nighted me a new set of drilled rotors with a return pre-paid packing slip included. Now that's customer service!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:30 AM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

Every store in the world takes return items, these are not custom parts. I am cool with waiting until the product comes back, before sending another one.

If its not damaged - 25% restock fee and send them what they want.
Damaged - send them a new one and sort it out with the parcel carrier.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:09 AM
ShowstoppersUSA
Banned

Originally Posted by vo7848
When I ordered my Stoptech rear BBK, they shipped me slotted rotors instead of drilled. I sent Gary @ Stoptech pics with my camera phone to confirm. This was on a Friday. Without hesitation, he over-nighted me a new set of drilled rotors with a return pre-paid packing slip included. Now that's customer service!
That is stoptech's own negligence. If we were to have shipped the wrong hood to someone, we would swap it out immediatly at no charge.

If the customer was to inspect the package before they sign for it from the carrier and refuse the delivery, then we swap it out immediatly. A great example is the guy who's hood flew out of the delivery truck (Thread was in OT). He inspected his hood at delivery, refused the package, and a replacement was sent out 2 business days later. There are many steps we take in informing the customer to inspect their package at delivery:

- We ask all customer to inspect their packages at the time of purchase
- We posted (in bold red letters)to inspect before signing in EVERY classified thread where carbon fiber was sold.
- Put a large sticker on the box that say "Inspect before Signing".

Honestly, how many times have you guys heard us say "inspect inspect inspect" but 3-4 months later someone doesn't follow those guidelines and we come out looking like the bad guy. I can't even count on my fingers and toes the ammount of carriers we have used to ship carbon. Out of those carriers willing to ship carbon, we choose the ones who handle the packages with the most care and offer 100% insurance.

Last edited by ShowstoppersUSA; 02-19-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:17 AM
POWUH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup , they have terrible service , I remember a while back I ordered an 06 tt front lip from them , said it would take 3to5 days actually took about a month and some weeks . needless to say when I received the lip it was an 03 to 05 lip , and since then I have not bothered to deal with them.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:26 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

I ordered a hood for my car and had it shipped to my autobody shop. Which was an hour away with no traffic. The hood was delivered to the autobody shop with damage. I was not there to inspect it or see if for two days. When I got the call from the bodyshop I called the supplier and told him the hood was damaged. No questions were asked. I took the hood home and waited for the new one to arrive with a return receipt.

I did not inspect the hood nor reject it.

Its called neglect when you blame it on the carrier. I bought the hood from "____" not UPS or Fed-ex.

Just had some cabinet doors come in with one of them cracked. Called the company up, signed the order off and a shipping date was in my fax in ten mins. No pics no questions.

Customer Service.

Chris
Old 02-19-2009, 11:41 AM
POWUH
Banned

ps they will tell you things you want to hear like , oh we just sent it out , u should receive it tommorow afternoon, all bogus
Old 02-19-2009, 11:48 AM
drewk

Im still waiting for my DAMAGED carbon fiber hatch to be picked up, I call them on a daily basis and they still tell me that they are waiting to hear from their freight service. Its been about a month and a half now. And mind you, they never call me to let me know whats going on, I always call them.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:59 AM
350zfun19

what other vendors sell asuka and mastergrade? i need to order a hatch asap.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:01 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly, how many times have you guys heard us say "inspect inspect inspect" but 3-4 months later someone doesn't follow those guidelines and we come out looking like the bad guy.
It is very difficult for people to "inspect inspect inspect" when:

- They do not get a tracking number to know when to be home to inspect said shipment
- Half the time the delivery service just drops the piece off at the front door without a signature

If you don't know when to be there to expect the part and/or the part is delivered when you aren't even home, how are you supposed to inspect the part?

While the service dropping the piece off regardless of a signature is not Showstoppers fault, the lack of communication regarding tracking numbers after an order has been completed falls on the vendor.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and taking the burden off the customer for replacement issues. which I haven't seen.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:56 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Old 02-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Jon70ProofZ

I agree but at the same time if the seller, like in my situation, just doesn't want to take the time to send in the claim form I shouldn't have to wait just because they are lazy. It took 50 phone calls, instant messages, private messages, and a months time for them to just file my claim, whereas if they had just filed it as soon as I sent the item back, there would not have been a problem

Originally Posted by vo7848
thats exactly how things should be handled, I had a problem with one of my wheels and called 5zigen about it, they said the wheel was discontinued but they would search their vendors for one, to be shipped to me, along with a slip to send mine back, they couldn't find one exactly the same, they then offered me 4 brand new wheels but in chrome let me put them on and then ship them my old wheels back, not a fan chrome, so they paid me full retail for the rim that had some problems with the finish, so that i could have someone repaired it locally

Originally Posted by ShowstoppersUSA
That is stoptech's own negligence. If we were to have shipped the wrong hood to someone, we would swap it out immediatly at no charge.

If the customer was to inspect the package before they sign for it from the carrier and refuse the delivery, then we swap it out immediatly. A great example is the guy who's hood flew out of the delivery truck (Thread was in OT). He inspected his hood at delivery, refused the package, and a replacement was sent out 2 business days later. There are many steps we take in informing the customer to inspect their package at delivery:

- We ask all customer to inspect their packages at the time of purchase
- We posted (in bold red letters)to inspect before signing in EVERY classified thread where carbon fiber was sold.
- Put a large sticker on the box that say "Inspect before Signing".

Honestly, how many times have you guys heard us say "inspect inspect inspect" but 3-4 months later someone doesn't follow those guidelines and we come out looking like the bad guy. I can't even count on my fingers and toes the ammount of carriers we have used to ship carbon. Out of those carriers willing to ship carbon, we choose the ones who handle the packages with the most care and offer 100% insurance.
per instructions on your box, i returned the shipment immediately and still took you guys a month to file the paperwork, not to mention during that entire month you told me you had filed the paperwork four different times, even though your shipping company claims agent said they hadn't gotten anything from you at all and they had the item in their possession for three weeks, yet you also kept asking me to get the item returned to you, but TNT said they could not do that until you file the claim because the item was damaged, sorry it just doesn't take that long to file a claim form that's only two pages, especially when I was in constant communication with you and the shipping company trying to resolve the issue, but you guys just didn't seem to have the time to fax a form

Originally Posted by POWUH
ps they will tell you things you want to hear like , oh we just sent it out , u should receive it tomorrow afternoon, all bogus
had the same problem added to all this other crap, with my order, paid them on the Monday the 15th of December, and asked, will i be able to get this by the 24th, they said sure you send payment right now it will be shipped out on the Wednesday the 17th, didn't ship then so they told me it would leave by Friday the 19th, item didn't even leave their warehouse until the 23rd, didn't receive it till Jan 2nd

Last edited by Jon70ProofZ; 02-20-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:45 AM
TSG-Z

Originally Posted by 350zfun19
what other vendors sell asuka and mastergrade? i need to order a hatch asap.
Sadly, I think Jim was the only one.

How is Showstoppers handled anyway? When I ordered my Mastergrade hatch, I asked Jim to inspect it before he shipped, being this was the time when SS had about 5 quality control threads. I received a pm from someone, I cant remember, but he told me Jim wasnt gonna inspect shiet, due to the fact he didnt live in the same state that his warehouse is located!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 AM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim, lets play some COD4!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Germanguy

im pissed didnt get any message from any (chuck nor Jim). i sent them 7-9 messages in the last 3 days, via this forum, e-mail They told me it would last 3-4 weeks, to get my stuff over.. this was at the 20th december. hope they sent it at least out to me. what can i do.
Alex.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Changvi

It sucks to see things end like this, but what I experienced in Oct, 08 with the New Asuka Design cf hood through Jim was a complete disaster. Not going to get in details, but I'm never going to conduct business with him again.

Last edited by Changvi; 02-20-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Where is Jim@Showstoppers??