Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Requirements to post or make a thread?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:32 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you act like it's a privilege to post here. it ain't all that.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
shadyonedeath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dave079
https://my350z.com/forum/private-cla...-post-185.html
# Member of the site for at least 90 days
# Post Count of 500 or more
# Be a Premier Member.
Are you kidding me, 90 days? I JUST want to post a WTB: 350z Dead pedal thread...

Im not selling anything. I got feedback on other car forums if you want proof im a stand up guy.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:00 AM
shadyonedeath

your title suits you. This place is a joke.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:19 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
I actually thinks most of the OGs prefers to mess around in newb threads...

I always use the report button if the thread is out of line (to the point where a mod is needed such as racism, etc) Other than that I know the mod team is pretty watchful I see stuff get closed all the time...that's why you always wanna get in before the lock down
Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
^^ Suck up. I think my butt needs more kissing.
+1.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:29 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by shadyonedeath
Whats the waiting period? I want to buy a 350z dead pedal but can't post in classified.
It is still possible to buy items from other members. You are just restricted from actually posting a classified thread of any sort until the forum criteria has been met.

Are you kidding me, 90 days? I JUST want to post a WTB: 350z Dead pedal thread...

Im not selling anything. I got feedback on other car forums if you want proof im a stand up guy.
You're feedback on other forums holds no substance here sir. Different forum, different rules. Everyone here is upheld to the same standards. No exceptions.

This place is a joke.
This forum has been in existance for quite some time now. The rules and regulations have been finely tuned to meet the needs of the community and protect it's members as best as possible. I believe we(staff) have a grasp on what's best for our community.

The joke is registering on a site, questioning a rule that thousands of members are upheld to, recieving an ample answer, mildly insulting a staff member(which can carry a stiff penalty), then carrying on as if we should taylor to one's dire need to aquire a dead pedal. That's the joke...

VO(not amused)

Last edited by VO...; 09-01-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

I've been saying this for years, I've even made similar threads. Hell, even if it were a 1-day waiting period, it would still help.

Last edited by Chris@FsP; 09-01-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:18 PM
poolguy

Originally Posted by vo7848
You're feedback on other forums holds no substance here sir. Different forum, different rules. Everyone here is upheld to the same standards. No exceptions.
Hey, I am not challenging your standpoint on this thread since I do see the mods step in and close threads but I disagree with the statement above. Sure different forums have different rules, some stricter than others. But rules of doing business NEVER change. They should uphold the highest integrety level, no matter how strict or unstrict the forum is. Doing business with one person should carry over to the next. Your statement is like saying my company is in PA but I cannot do work in MD because they are more strict. Wrong, doing business with ANYONE or ANYWHERE should count as the same all across the board. That is why my company has to get a license in every state we do work in, the BBB does not go into their system and seperate every state. They keep all complaints from WHEREVER and WHENEVER together. Why? Business is business and the standards NEVER change. But that is just how I feel as I am sure many others feel the same.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
poolguy

Mods,
Here is a better idea. Lets focus our attention to people like this:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana
Yeah, hookers got hit pretty hard when bank CEOs were being laid off. But now that Goldman Sachs has purchased our very freedom, they're back to nailing your mom! Look at the cash roll in!
who do nothing good in this forum but degrade people. Sure thick skin is great but this is totally uncalled for. People like this making these types of comments ALL the time do nothing but drive people away from the site. Something I KNOW you do not want.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 PM
crg914

Originally Posted by surfcity40
you act like it's a privilege to post here. it ain't all that.
Seriously. Half of the pointless, space-wasting threads I see are posted by members who have been on the site for a long time anyway. I think people need to learn how to not click on a thread if they know it's something they don't want to read. It's really not a hard concept to grasp.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:09 PM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by vo7848

This forum has been in existance for quite some time now. The rules and regulations have been finely tuned to meet the needs of the community and protect it's members as best as possible. I believe we(staff) have a grasp on what's best for our community.

The joke is registering on a site, questioning a rule that thousands of members are upheld to, recieving an ample answer, mildly insulting a staff member(which can carry a stiff penalty), then carrying on as if we should taylor to one's dire need to aquire a dead pedal. That's the joke...
Old 09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
poolguy

Originally Posted by crg914
Seriously. Half of the pointless, space-wasting threads I see are posted by members who have been on the site for a long time anyway. I think people need to learn how to not click on a thread if they know it's something they don't want to read. It's really not a hard concept to grasp.
I think your talking about off topic. Something that this thread is not worrying about. Or am I wrong?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 PM
crg914

Originally Posted by poolguy
I think your talking about off topic. Something that this thread is not worrying about. Or am I wrong?
Many of them fall in OT, but there are still, IMO, pointless threads posted in other subforums and they aren't always by new members...

I think people should just get off their high horse and learn how to only click on threads they want to read. I mean, really...this thread was made because someone who has been a member a long time is annoyed by new members and thinks a rule should be created to make his forum browsing experience more enjoyable? C'mon. Nobody is that special. Be a grown up and ignore things that you know are going to irritate you. If I see a thread that I think looks stupid, guess what I do? I don't open it. I know that sounds out there, but give it a try. It just might make everyone's forum browsing experience a little better. "OGs" don't open annoying threads, and new members don't get useless, derogatory replies from "OGs" when they need real help. It's crazy, but it just might work.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:26 PM
poolguy

Originally Posted by crg914
Many of them fall in OT, but there are still, IMO, pointless threads posted in other subforums and they aren't always by new members...

I think people should just get off their high horse and learn how to only click on threads they want to read. I mean, really...this thread was made because someone who has been a member a long time is annoyed by new members and thinks a rule should be created to make his forum browsing experience more enjoyable? C'mon. Nobody is that special. Be a grown up and ignore things that you know are going to irritate you. If I see a thread that I think looks stupid, guess what I do? I don't open it. I know that sounds out there, but give it a try. It just might make everyone's forum browsing experience a little better. "OGs" don't open annoying threads, and new members don't get useless, derogatory replies from "OGs" when they need real help. It's crazy, but it just might work.
Very true.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:40 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

We went from having 3-4 people getting scammed a week to only 3-4 since the rule has been enacted in May.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:38 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by poolguy
Hey, I am not challenging your standpoint on this thread since I do see the mods step in and close threads but I disagree with the statement above. Sure different forums have different rules, some stricter than others. But rules of doing business NEVER change. They should uphold the highest integrety level, no matter how strict or unstrict the forum is. Doing business with one person should carry over to the next. Your statement is like saying my company is in PA but I cannot do work in MD because they are more strict. Wrong, doing business with ANYONE or ANYWHERE should count as the same all across the board. That is why my company has to get a license in every state we do work in, the BBB does not go into their system and seperate every state. They keep all complaints from WHEREVER and WHENEVER together. Why? Business is business and the standards NEVER change. But that is just how I feel as I am sure many others feel the same.
I understand your passion sir. I am also sure you run a very legit business, which is note worthy. Forums however are a different entity. It is privately owned and not upheld to any state regulations, nor are it's business practices monitor by any regulatory entities. This is why Staff stays as vigilent as we do, with regards to classified ads. We are the "police" of the business, so to speak. Whatever transpires within the walls of the forum, stays in the forums. Although our vendors carry out transactions that cross state and country lines, we as a site do not venture out of this site to verify credentials. It is not feasible nor a time effective solution, for us as Staff, to perform background checks on those members who have not met the minimum criteria for posting classified ads. This site is extremely large and requires every Staff member to devote his time to issues directly within the confines of these virtual walls. This is why we have enacted certain rules in the classified section, rules to keep everyone honest, rules to protect the consumer.

The quote below is why our current classified section rules are as strict as they are...

Rules are placed for a reason. We went from having 3-4 people getting scammed a week to only 3-4 since the rule has been enacted in May.

Last edited by VO...; 09-02-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/private-cla...-post-185.html
# Member of the site for at least 90 days
# Post Count of 500 or more
# Be a Premier Member.
So if you impose waiting requirements to post solely in the classifieds......why not forum wide?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:01 AM
shadyonedeath

I come from a history of many owned VQ's and VQ forums...the rules here are just a shock to me as they are rather extreme.

thanks anyways.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
So if you impose waiting requirements to post solely in the classifieds......why not forum wide?
I have been saying that for years.

Quick Reply: Requirements to post or make a thread?