Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

BCM issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 05:06 PM
That_hrz

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default BCM issue

My old 2008 z was totaled it was built and boosted. I swapped everything engine and transmission into an auto 2008 z. I was using the ECU out the old car since it held my tune. Long story short that ecu was soaked and stopped showing on OBD. Im now using the ECU from the auto car it’s original with my old tune flashed to it but getting U1000 code now security system light flashes when the car is locked but alarm works as it should. Nats is deleted. I am using the cluster from my manual car. Car won’t start just cranks. Do I need to get a BCM from a manual car or can the one in the car be programmed assuming that’s the issue?? Car was working fine before with the manual ECU until the car started freaking out.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:30 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

This is a question that seems you'd want to bring your tuner into. Lots of variables that can affect this Frankenstein resurrection. Moved this post to a more appropriate forum than "Ideas and Suggestions for our Website".
Old 04-26-2024, 01:12 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I am far from an expert and my experience is from a 2015 infiniti q40 (g37 parts bin) - with some bolt-ons and an ECUtek tune.

I had issues programing keys to the car - both Nissan and a private (higher end) car computer tech could not figure it out.

The tech did notice that the NATS delete was messing with the process and suggested I have my tune re-flashed with NATS enabled. Moncef is my tuner and he quickly turned the tune back with NATS enabled and my car tech was able to reprogram keys and reprogram the BCM like you’d expect.

I would speculate that NATS delete is messing with the programing.

I believe BCMs need reprogrammed to match the ECU and the keys.

Can you have your tune reverted back and have NATS enabled and have your keys reprogramed to the ECU and BCM?