Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

If you're wondering about the HKS SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 01:40 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NINJA-Z
I have had mine on for about 4 months now, it runs awesome like the power it gave the engine in low RPMs, seems to me like the strong point of the HKS is from like 10-15 mph, it goes like crazy. I have had no unusual lights, it is boosting 7psi I have my boost gauge set so the red light comes on at 7, it lights it up everytime under full boost. The S/C unit stays very very cool. Only problem I have had is getting replacement oil for the S/C from HKS. Along with the HKS i am running Nismo Cams, Nismo Catback thats it. I do have a intercooler sprayer. As far as speed, the problem at the track is traction. Im not much for racing but have raced a couple of cars that aggravated me. New mustang GT with exhaust and headers, ran off and left him from dead stop and 10 mph kick, C-5 corvette with exhaust, 2 car lengths and pulling from a 10 mph kick. So I am really pleased, cant say enough about how smooth the HKS pulls. Right now my best time is 12.87, can run 13.0 consistant, all on street tires. The track times has alot to do with the driver and I dont think i am very good at launching it, everyone tells me i baby it too much. Right now, I would not trade the HKS for anything, its been great.
I'm waiting for you!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 05:57 PM
ReavTek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Test Pipes on my NA Z and wanted to go the HKS Supercharger route. Should I just put my OEM Cats back on when the HKS SC is installed? Would High Flow Cats be better than test pipes or OEM Cats? If it raises the boost level or anything I would rather just remove the TPs. Should I sell the TPs or just hold onto em for use when/if I get an F Con V Pro?

Thanks!

Reav
Old 05-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my dilemma: i have all the bolt-on breathing mods as well as the "crawford" ts reflash to richen my a/f. i know the factory settings of the hks kit are set for stock conditions, but if i have richened my a/f via the reflash, would i have a problem running the hks unit on its out-of-the-box settings, or do i have to go back to stock, breathing-wise, including an ecu reflash back to stock? i plan on having an hks-certified shop install and tune my kit. this is my first venture into fi, and i know zilch about it as of yet.