Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Aps Twin turbo Buy/install shop...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Andys'Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aps Twin turbo Buy/install shop...

Well I am thinking about getting the aps twin turbo, I am plannig on leaving it around 8 psi, and have an authorized unichip dealer install and tune it. I will also leave the engine stock, no internal upgrades or anything. I am plannig on running around 400rwhp (hopefully) reliably. Now the questions are can I do this reliably, considering all I get is the aps tt kit ( whatever it comes with, I am not knowledgable about turbo kit components) and have an authorized unichip dealer install and tune it to 91 octane.
Second question is are there anything else I should consider buying that does not come with the kit, however necassary?
Third one is what is a good deal on this kit, install and tuning. I saw the kit for $7400 in couple places however I think i can get it less right? How much for the install and how much to tune. I am ofcourse looking for average cost on this system and I dont wanna get rammed in the *utt, since I am so new to aftermaket turbo's and installations.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:16 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it comes with all you need for an easy 400rwhp.

try contacting Rob at ZCarGarage.com i think he is in your area... he can get you the kit and install it, he has already done a few and in all the conversations I have had with him, I would trust him with my own car.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:37 PM
kosmic

Here's a list of aps dealers, and several are in Cali: http://www.************************/wr...stributors.htm

Funk's endorsement of Rob at ZCarGarage.com is shared by a lot of people on this board. Try a search for zcargarage and see what you get. It's a bit of a drive from L.A. but might be worth it.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:30 PM
calimarc

400 rwhp might be a little on the risky side....namely because of the 91 octane fuel. I am a believer that our rods can withstand that power with some reliability however it is the fuel octane that presents the risk.
I have an APS TT kit that I hope to have the funds to install by the end of summer. I will have the Unichip tuned for 93 octane and mix 100 octane fuel with our crap California 91 pump fuel to achieve 93/94 octane.
If you have the funds... you might want to consider an upgraded radiator (koyo, stillen, power enterprise), oil cooler, and nismo thermastat. Anything to help the cooling system with our F.I. cars can only help. These are my plans..however as soon as I can ( maybe the end of summer ) I will build the bottom end as well
Old 03-23-2005, 09:55 PM
barthelb
Master

Calimarc is right and guess what Rob did mine. I have had 0 issues with the Kit and Tune. I've had it for 4000mi and since Feb 4th. I've dragged, raced the hell out it. High mile and hour pulls on private roads If you can I'd say call him 408 452 0350 and see if you can get out here and get him to either get you a ride in theirs or mine since im very close by. Also get a clutch when you install it. It will go soon after. Whatever you can do to keep it cool is best too. Most likely he will have you do the ZCG oil cooler as well so you will be in very good hands.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:58 PM
kosmic

Hey Bart, what octane gas are you running to be at 440rwhp?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:01 PM
ZON

This one is in the SF Bay Area. Shop has a load dyno being installed now and it is a Z car/G35 only shop. Also it is a APS stocking dealer. Shop owner has been to APS in Australia for formal training. Been in business for 25 years or so. Total APS packages, installation and tuning in house.
email > tech@scottperformance.us
phone > 408-988-2233
Old 03-23-2005, 10:05 PM
barthelb
Master

I am tuned at 91 oct but i prefer to run a 93-95mix for added insurance. Plus 100 oct is plentiful up here.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:06 PM
drsifu

bruce...hope you don't mind me posting your dyno from this past weekend's dyno day...even though I wasn't there, very impressive numbers

would you mind PM'ing me on the cost for the kit and install?

thank you

BRUCE's DYNO:

APS TT @ 8.5 psi, JWT S1 cams, JWT Flywheel, Nismo Exhuast, Test Pipes

Old 03-24-2005, 10:54 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

APS is ready out of box. Best TT kit IMO, not only out of box ready, but just the best, but i bet people can argue that . You could get close probably with running the stock 8-8.5 boost and get about 400rwhp, depending on what other little mods you got, i bet you could achieve it no problem. $7400 is about the price you will see everywhere considering everyone that sells them is APS dealer and sell for the same price, unless your sponsored and get for wholesale cost.. u will prob pay $7400... My authorized APS local dealer gave me a quote of $2,000 install, and including free dyno and tune. May be a little high on install i think, your shops could probably do cheaper.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:14 AM
captj3

Thumbs up

It's the most complete kit on the market.I recomend getting a clutch with install.I should have done it myself now I'm waiting for a new one.I roasted it in 5th gear so this kit is a blast.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:24 AM
calimarc

Originally Posted by cloudy
My authorized APS local dealer gave me a quote of $2,000 install, and including free dyno and tune. May be a little high on install i think, your shops could probably do cheaper.
If that shop has experience doing the APS kit and if you could get some references from previous APS install customers...I WOULD JUMP ALL OVER THAT PRICE. You say a little high for that quote....just come on out to California if you want to see "high". Both shops who have experience in my area ( one inparticular who has a very good reputation ) quoted me $ 3000 for install alone.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:29 AM
kosmic

Calimarc, were they quoting you extra for dyno tuning? If so, than that $2k + dyno tuning is pretty sweet.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:45 AM
calimarc

Originally Posted by kosmic
Calimarc, were they quoting you extra for dyno tuning? If so, than that $2k + dyno tuning is pretty sweet.
That was for the install alone. One of those shops pulls the motor for the APS install ( not sure of the other shop's method ). I am not complaining about these prices....however if this other shop in AZ. ( $ 2000 APS install ) has a good reputation, backed by happy APS TT customers....I will want to start complaining or taking a vacation in AZ. for my install !
Old 03-25-2005, 03:05 PM
cloudy

Haha well i was like well could you throw in a free tune for me, and dyno to see how much iam pushn? They were like, well if you buy the kit and have us install it, since ur gonna be spending almost 10grand here, we can atleast tune it and dyno it for ya. Even though i asked this about a month ago or so, and they said they had not installed a APS TT kit on a 350z yet, and they are the only autorized APS dealer in AZ i think. But they are known for fixing up really expensive cars like lots of ferraris, mclarens, lambg., ect, so i trust em :P
Oh and the shop name is DynoComp, if u really wanna call and talk to someone, ask for Richard.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:10 PM
kosmic

http://www.dynocomp.com/ eh? Nice site. Nice cars. Pricey, but it sounds like you negotiated a good deal. Now you've just gotta lay down the $$$ :-)

If you're their first TT install, you'll be one of the cars on their site under a Nissan category.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:20 PM
cloudy

Originally Posted by kosmic
http://www.dynocomp.com/ eh? Nice site. Nice cars. Pricey, but it sounds like you negotiated a good deal. Now you've just gotta lay down the $$$ :-)

If you're their first TT install, you'll be one of the cars on their site under a Nissan category.
Ya keyword once i actually GET the money, thats the hard part :P.
Anyone wanna loan me $8200, i swear ill pay it back .
Old 03-25-2005, 03:23 PM
kosmic

Ask your bank for a loan.

(not really, that's BAD money management)
Old 03-25-2005, 03:30 PM
cloudy

haha ya, id rather start from scratch, just work my *** off and wait months and months, (6-8 probably) and then buy the TT kit lol.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:31 PM
G3po

Default octane

Originally Posted by barthelb
I am tuned at 91 oct but i prefer to run a 93-95mix for added insurance. Plus 100 oct is plentiful up here.
were can you get 93-95 in the bay area??

Quick Reply: Aps Twin turbo Buy/install shop...