Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Just received my Turbonetics KIT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 08:36 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turbonetics has an auto Z coming to their shop very soon to do some VERY thorough testing on the 5 AT... stay tuned....
Old 04-20-2005, 09:16 AM
projectsherv

just to update everyone. turbo kit was missing a few things one being a v-band clamp that is delaying my install completion. clamp is supposed to arrive today and car should be ready today as well. im crossing my fingers! will post pics and vids once car is done. also will be dynoing the car this weekend. also wanted to add that evolution is doing a great job on my car.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:19 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by projectsherv
just to update everyone. turbo kit was missing a few things one being a v-band clamp that is delaying my install completion. clamp is supposed to arrive today and car should be ready today as well. im crossing my fingers! will post pics and vids once car is done. also will be dynoing the car this weekend. also wanted to add that evolution is doing a great job on my car.
Congrats...you won't be disappointed...
Old 04-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Speed Dreams

Originally Posted by Turbonetics
what do you guys think of the system so far?
Brad
..........Like any new product it needs massaging, at least the roadster application does. Many fit and finish changes were needed to make this system work without rattle or chassis vibration.
Decent power for the money,(will post dyno #'s when we have the ecu reflashed for less fuel) at this altitude(5,200ft) the tune is too rich.....10.2...........Trany temp is an issue for heat with the cross over pipe.
Life and people are not perfect and either is this system...
Old 04-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Steve@Evolution

Originally Posted by projectsherv
Thanks for the comment, we are trying our best to get your car on the road. The V-band clamp was missing from the start but instead of it next day air, it was sent Fedex ground which delayed the project for a week.
Another thing is, there was many hardware missing from the box. Mainly bolts, nuts, washers total around 15+ pieces. Instead of asking turbonetics to ship them again, we decided to look around locally to get them. We were able to find them from various places so that's done. I just hope Turbonetics will inspect the kit prior shipping to make sure everything needed is there.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:05 AM
taurran

I was talking to XAT Racing here in Tampa, and they said they have had issues with Turbonetics kits in the past missing parts. They quoted me a much higher estimated install time because of this. Seems like it's not a new issue.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:26 AM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by Speed Dreams
..........Like any new product it needs massaging, at least the roadster application does. Many fit and finish changes were needed to make this system work without rattle or chassis vibration.
Decent power for the money,(will post dyno #'s when we have the ecu reflashed for less fuel) at this altitude(5,200ft) the tune is too rich.....10.2...........Trany temp is an issue for heat with the cross over pipe.
Life and people are not perfect and either is this system...
What's the issue with tranny heat, how hot does it get?
Old 04-21-2005, 11:01 AM
wtf no turbo

Originally Posted by Steve@Evolution
Thanks for the comment, we are trying our best to get your car on the road. The V-band clamp was missing from the start but instead of it next day air, it was sent Fedex ground which delayed the project for a week.
Another thing is, there was many hardware missing from the box. Mainly bolts, nuts, washers total around 15+ pieces. Instead of asking turbonetics to ship them again, we decided to look around locally to get them. We were able to find them from various places so that's done. I just hope Turbonetics will inspect the kit prior shipping to make sure everything needed is there.
Not surprised with the customer service ive been getting.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:08 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wtf no turbo
Uh oh..that's not good to hear. Of course every story has two sides....
Old 04-21-2005, 11:18 AM
taurran

Did I miss something? What customer service are we talking about?
Old 04-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Jeff@Evolution

I think he's talking about his own experience with Turbonetics.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:50 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Jeff@Evolution
I think he's talking about his own experience with Turbonetics.
That's how I interpreted it.

Of course, "poor customer service" is very subject to personal interpretation. I recently talked to someone who claimed they had a bad "dealer experience" buying a G35 because the dealer offered him a great price on a car they had in-stock, but the person didn't like it because it had too many miles on it (it had 30 miles on it to be exact). When the dealer said that the offer didn't apply to cars that had to be ordered (I.e. to get one with the buyers demand of less than 10 miles on it), the individual felt that he was being 'ripped off' and left. That personally doesn't seem an out-of-the-ordinary thing for a dealer to do, but to someone else, it was sleazy tactics and poor CS. Thus my statement that there are two sides to every story.

Ehh....sorry for the OT.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:57 PM
LaPuLaPu

How is this related to Turbonetics? They are not a car dealership
Old 04-21-2005, 01:07 PM
taurran

I'm wondering wtf_no_turbo is talking about. Does he actually have a Turbonetics ST kit?
Old 04-21-2005, 01:10 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by LaPuLaPu
How is this related to Turbonetics? They are not a car dealership
Did you read the previous 5 or 6 threads? I was just commenting that a statement of "I received poor customer service" doesn't necessarily indicate poor customer service. Some people feel like they are getting pooped on over little things and then they cry poor service (not that this is the case with wtf_no_turbo at all, just making an observation that these claims have to be taken with a grain of salt when no supporting facts are provided). And I DID apologize for the OT post
Old 04-21-2005, 04:17 PM
wtf no turbo

Originally Posted by taurran
I'm wondering wtf_no_turbo is talking about. Does he actually have a Turbonetics ST kit?
Ive been trying to buy one and no one seems to want my money.I own a 05 roadster that im looking for a simple bolt on 360 whp for.I was going to get a sc but like the tq curve that im seeing on the single turbos.That being said i called several dealers for turbonetics receiving different info from each of them.I decided to go straight to the source and call turbonetics.

What i got at first was a feeling of "go away kid we dont have anything for you".They were somewhat short and said no 05 tuning was available.I was ok with that and my next question was ok then when will you have it?Not on the priority list maybe by the end of the year.Not like being told no i start to dig around and call the wonderful people at technosquare.They said it could be done but they would need my ecu for a couple weeks.Great....having 3 other cars i can do this now to get turbonetics involved.I finally got someone at turbonetics who seemed like he had some interest in helping me.

Ill know monday if this is going to work out for me or not.I guess the point of this is it took alot of leg work on my part that they could have solved with a couple phone calls.I mean I know im only one sale for a large company but i would think if the 05 changes were small and could be taken care of with relative ease why not do it.

I probly should not have opened my trap since im still trying to buy this damn thing.

Last edited by wtf no turbo; 04-21-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:28 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Avalon racing is having a nice deal on the kit. Go check it out. They even have layaway
Old 04-21-2005, 08:14 PM
BPL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve@Evolution

Steve, I'm glad you mentioned this. I called Turbonetics today and asked them to fax me a copy of the parts manifest. I went through my kit piece by piece and found that I have around the same number of pieces missing (including one or more v-band clamps). Looks like someone fell asleep half way through putting this first batch of kits together...
Old 04-21-2005, 10:23 PM
AmyCroft

Default Yes I Know what you Mean

Ive been trying to buy one and no one seems to want my money.I own a 05 roadster that im looking for a simple bolt on 360 whp for.I was going to get a sc but like the tq curve that im seeing on the single turbos.That being said i called several dealers for turbonetics receiving different info from each of them.I decided to go straight to the source and call turbonetics.

What i got at first was a feeling of "go away kid we dont have anything for you".They were somewhat short and said no 05 tuning was available.I was ok with that and my next question was ok then when will you have it?Not on the priority list maybe by the end of the year.Not like being told no i start to dig around and call the wonderful people at technosquare.They said it could be done but they would need my ecu for a couple weeks.Great....having 3 other cars i can do this now to get turbonetics involved.I finally got someone at turbonetics who seemed like he had some interest in helping me.

Ill know monday if this is going to work out for me or not.I guess the point of this is it took alot of leg work on my part that they could have solved with a couple phone calls.I mean I know im only one sale for a large company but i would think if the 05 changes were small and could be taken care of with relative ease why not do it.

I probly should not have opened my trap since im still trying to buy this damn thing.

I called them and found the "Engineer" could not even support an 2003 install.

I guess everyone at Turbonetics is a Relative of the Owner.. And no one is on commision.. IE - they don't give a F**K

It's like Secret Dude !

Cheers Amy -
Old 04-22-2005, 07:25 AM
JimRHIT

You guys do realize that they are NOT a retail shop, right?

Buy from a Vendor
http://www.turboneticsinc.com/locator.html

If you need tech assistance, they can help, but they don't sell you a kit on the phone ... they are kinda busy with other projects

Quick Reply: Just received my Turbonetics KIT!