Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Just received my Turbonetics KIT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 10:02 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by basam350z
This would be pretty good news for me, I'll have to give Technosqaure a call/email to make sure the ECU can handle switching to the correct maps after it is reflashed.

So if you have something like an e-manage or Unichip, does the ECU still switch maps and will won't that really through off the tuning in and negative way?
The Unichip or any other piggy back for that matter intercepts the signal from the sensors or ECU so it will override some of the map the ECU switchs too. The reflash is going to allow the ECU to run off of the maps it has set for each condition. But each map is just tweaked to accomodate the bigger injectors, pump, and turbo kit...
Old 04-24-2005, 10:07 AM
ss350

What makes the APS kit special and innovative is what you should ask. APS had examples of products to improve upon, Turbonetics with the single turbo kit, GReddy and Power Enterprise with the twin turbo kits, etc. Seems like a company that takes other product ideas and improves upon them.
so you'd rather buy the turbonetics kit b/c its original? despite the fact that the aps might by better engineered and perform better? I really have no interest in what kit you guys buy, but that reasoning doesn't make much sense.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:08 AM
BPL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
well let me respond to a few things...First off the missing parts...Obviously not working there I have no idea what happened. Believe me when I tell you my first call tomorrow will be to Brad to let him know what is going on with the missing parts.
Thanks Mia. I appreciate you talking to Brad about this. I was getting a little worried about the parts since I'm planning on doing my install in less than two weeks and I wasn't able to get ahold of the vendor.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:47 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by BPL
Thanks Mia. I appreciate you talking to Brad about this. I was getting a little worried about the parts since I'm planning on doing my install in less than two weeks and I wasn't able to get ahold of the vendor.
No problem....I'll talk to him tomorrow morning as soon as I can. I'm sure he might have already heard about it and might be working to fix it but I'll double check. Turbonetics is very open to suggestions for improvements and Brad really does appreciate it when I bring one up....
Old 04-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Rayden2001

Congrats on the S-turbo. But with anything new, you're bound to run into that unwanted brickwall. Just bare with it and the outcome is rewarding. Once its done, just remember that FI is always gonna give you some kind of a setback. Goodluck
Old 04-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Peking

The Unichip or any other piggy back for that matter intercepts the signal from the sensors or ECU so it will override some of the map the ECU switchs too. The reflash is going to allow the ECU to run off of the maps it has set for each condition. But each map is just tweaked to accomodate the bigger injectors, pump, and turbo kit...
If the ECU after flashed by Techno, and is being in use with the turbo kit... Should it be a concern never to re-set or disconnect the battery so you don't lose what has been done?

Originally Posted by ss350
so you'd rather buy the turbonetics kit b/c its original? despite the fact that the aps might by better engineered and perform better? I really have no interest in what kit you guys buy, but that reasoning doesn't make much sense.
Umm... who are you talking to? I think you might have misunderstood what was posted. There are some who believe the APS kits are "innovative" or I guess some would/have said original in some designs.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:41 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Peking
If the ECU after flashed by Techno, and is being in use with the turbo kit... Should it be a concern never to re-set or disconnect the battery so you don't lose what has been done?

Umm... who are you talking to? I think you might have misunderstood what was posted. There are some who believe the APS kits are "innovative" or I guess some would/have said original in some designs.
No you can disconnect the battery. Because the actual maps stored in the ECU are altered theres no chance of changing them back to the original maps as the originals no longer exist...
Old 04-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by ss350
I never said I would buy a kit because it is original. But i'm giving more credit to Turbonetics for being the first one, all APS had to do was improve on it, Turbonetics didn't have the same pleasure. APS may be "better" in different terms depending on which kit, but I give credit to GReddy, Power Enterprise, and Turbonetics for doing it first and making a mistake (not Turbonetics per say, but GReddy and Power Enterprise, I would love to see GReddy complete the kit and sell it for higher, and I would love to see Power Enterprise sell their's for a little lower).
Old 04-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Peking

No you can disconnect the battery. Because the actual maps stored in the ECU are altered theres no chance of changing them back to the original maps as the originals no longer exist...
Gotcha didn't want to worry about something like that, if the ECU had to be reset then doing the resetting procedure then to only turn the car on and drive off a short distance (if that) before damage would occur
Old 04-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
I never said I would buy a kit because it is original. But i'm giving more credit to Turbonetics for being the first one, all APS had to do was improve on it, Turbonetics didn't have the same pleasure. APS may be "better" in different terms depending on which kit, but I give credit to GReddy, Power Enterprise, and Turbonetics for doing it first and making a mistake (not Turbonetics per say, but GReddy and Power Enterprise, I would love to see GReddy complete the kit and sell it for higher, and I would love to see Power Enterprise sell their's for a little lower).
Actually if read posts before APS was in development of a single turbo LONG before turbonetics even mentioned anything (do a search). Just because a company releases their kit first doesn't mean they were the first one's. Look at HKS as an example. They were developing their SUPERCHARGER back in 2003. It released 2 years later, does that mean that HKS copied VORTECH or other supercharger companies? Despite Turbonetics being the first to actually release a kit to the public first in no way did APS actually purchased a kit or even copied it. Both designs are very different and not really even close alike. So I give more credit to those companies that actually took their time to R&D like HKS, APS and make sure the kit runs correctly and in perfect condition.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
Actually if read posts before APS was in development of a single turbo LONG before turbonetics even mentioned anything (do a search). Just because a company releases their kit first doesn't mean they were the first one's. Look at HKS as an example. They were developing their SUPERCHARGER back in 2003. It released 2 years later, does that mean that HKS copied VORTECH or other supercharger companies? Despite Turbonetics being the first to actually release a kit to the public first in no way did APS actually purchased a kit or even copied it. Both designs are very different and not really even close alike. So I give more credit to those companies that actually took their time to R&D like HKS, APS and make sure the kit runs correctly and in perfect condition.
I don't think so. I never said anyone "copied" anyone, I said they improved upon it, big difference, don't put words in my mouth. I never said either of those ("copied" or "bought"). Less R&D is required when you have other kits to improve upon, i'm done with this argument, tired of littering Turbonetics threads with APS.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:52 PM
chattermark

My suggestion is a simple one. Tell brad to include a parts list with the directions. It sounds like there isn't one. That should be a simple fix. So you can make sure that you have all the parts before you start. <M>
Old 04-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Steve@Evolution

Originally Posted by chattermark
My suggestion is a simple one. Tell brad to include a parts list with the directions. It sounds like there isn't one. That should be a simple fix. So you can make sure that you have all the parts before you start. <M>
There is a parts list but it doesn't tell you exactly how many nuts, bolts, and washers are there. Greddy kit was pretty detailed in that department.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:55 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by chattermark

There is a parts list, but I think a better solution would be better quality control on a $4.5k item!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:35 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
I don't think so. I never said anyone "copied" anyone, I said they improved upon it, big difference, don't put words in my mouth. I never said either of those ("copied" or "bought"). Less R&D is required when you have other kits to improve upon, i'm done with this argument, tired of littering Turbonetics threads with APS.
I never said YOU said that X brand copied X brand so dont put words in my mouth sir. Improve on what? Last time I checked turbonetics kit wasn't even released to the public when APS had already anounced and released pictures of their single turbo kit. So what are they improving on? That Turbonetics actually released it first so that means they were the first ones? Like I said, do a search and APS was already screwing around with single turbo's. Anyhow lets get back on topic now
Old 04-25-2005, 07:58 AM
MIAPLAYA

Well I talked to Brad this morning. He is going to make it his priority to find out what is going on with the missing parts this morning. He said that for those that have recieved the kit call 805-581-6710. Speak to Reggie (I believe that is the name he said I was on the road during the convo). He said that if any parts are missing from the already recieved kits that he will make sure the parts are sent overnight delivery. I also told him about the members experience regarding the question for the 05 roadster. Lets just say he was less then thrilled and that is his next thing on his list for this morning. I asked him to check out this thread for the issues you guys had and believe me he will make it right.... Thats the best I can do guys....
Old 04-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Steve@Evolution

Update: The smaller v-clamp was called in early last Friday and I received notice that it will be shipped out today. So another day will be delayed.
The problem is, I can get a 3" v-clamp locally but not the 2.5" one. To fab one up I think it will present a future exhaust leak problem. I rather use what the kit should supply and deliver the car with no finger crossing.
Shervin, if you read this, hope you won't be too upset.

Last edited by Steve@Evolution; 04-25-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:34 AM
projectsherv

I just wanted to THANK Turbonetics for how hard they are working...... this is completely rediculous and i think i am getting done in every h@le. If this clamp is not here tomorrow i can confidently say that t-netics does not give a s**t about their customers what so ever.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:36 AM
blk180sx

Greetings, My name is Reggie and I work in customer service for Turbonetics. I'm not here to start any wars between kits and what not, I'm just here to help solve issues that some of you may be having. If you have purchased our kit and you are missing parts from the kit please feel free to contact me directly. My phone number is 805-581-6710. My hours are 8:00-5:00 pm PST. I do apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:37 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by blk180sx
Greetings, My name is Reggie and I work in customer service for Turbonetics. I'm not here to start any wars between kits and what not, I'm just here to help solve issues that some of you may be having. If you have purchased our kit and you are missing parts from the kit please feel free to contact me directly. My phone number is 805-581-6710. My hours are 8:00-5:00 pm PST. I do apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused.
Welcome to the boards man...Brad mentioned this morning that you would be the point of contact for customer service stuff... glad to have you here.!!

Quick Reply: Just received my Turbonetics KIT!