Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS TT Install at Dyno-Comp

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 07:17 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS TT Install at Dyno-Comp

I dropped my car off at Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale, AZ today for the TT install. I have never seen a better equipped, more professional shop.....and the AWD dyno is quite impressive. They're very knowledgeable people, I think my car is in excellent hands. Anyone in the Phoenix are should check out this exceptional shop.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Gman2004

weren't you in the gb for the APS ST? Which TT did you get and where did you get it so fast? Maybe I have you confused with someone else.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:23 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by Gman2004
weren't you in the gb for the APS ST? Which TT did you get and where did you get it so fast? Maybe I have you confused with someone else.
I was never actually part of the group buy, although I was interested in the ST. I went with the APS TT due to Nevada emissions.....I need cats and didn't want to wait until summer. Dyno-Comp had the TT system in stock.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Gman2004

oh ok. Keep up posted. I am sure you can't wait.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:03 PM
mrtomcat

how much are they charging you for the install?
Old 05-04-2005, 04:56 AM
BrianLG35C

Congrats ZZtop! Can't wait to hear your review!
Old 05-04-2005, 08:08 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
how much are they charging you for the install?
PM sent.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:51 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
PM sent.
get some stronger guts

www.forgedinternals.com
Old 05-04-2005, 10:07 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
get some stronger guts

www.forgedinternals.com
Meaning?
Old 05-04-2005, 10:20 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Meaning?
meaning... to save money and headache of future disaster- have them beef up the rods/pistons and install tt at the same time..instead of pay for install of tt on stock motor--then months-year later--have to buy a new motor (because this one has swiss cheese hole in the block), pay to pull motor, remove tt, build motor, re-install tt

pauter h beam rods

awwwww.little stocker couldn't hang

stock piston:

arias piston:

is that a huge a$$ hole in your block or are you just happy to see me?

-TODD

Last edited by 350zDCalb; 05-04-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:21 AM
sbcbaseball

Meaning=Grow some ***** hahahaha or get some internals..hahaha
Old 05-04-2005, 10:26 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

don't get me wrong, you can probably run 6 psi and not have problems for a while--but the power is addicting--build it up- run more boost- make more power!!!

i'm currently running 16psi-- making an estimated actual 530+rwhp (603rwhp/ 583 tq sae corrected numbers)

fun!!!!!, even though my car will be down for another week cause my turbo seal blew (Probably aftermath of my motor blowing back in dec--debris ran through turbos--bye bye)

if u do it right from the start-- you can prevent these headaches
Old 05-04-2005, 10:57 AM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see dyno comp finally install a APS TT. I didnt want to be the first test dummy to drop it off there. Let me know how it goes . And ya if you have the cash i would really recommend buying some new internals to go along with the TT install, even if you dont want to run too high of boost... still better to be safe then sorry.
Pm me how much they quoted you for install, iam curious. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:59 AM
ZZtopp

don't get me wrong, you can probably run 6 psi and not have problems for a while--but the power is addicting--build it up- run more boost- make more power!!!

i'm currently running 16psi-- making an estimated actual 530+rwhp (603rwhp/ 583 tq sae corrected numbers)

fun!!!!!, even though my car will be down for another week cause my turbo seal blew (Probably aftermath of my motor blowing back in dec--debris ran through turbos--bye bye)

I appreciate the suggestion. I thought about building the internals, but for the length of time I'm probably going to keep the car and the relatively conservative amount of power I'm looking for, it wouldn't be worth the expense.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:01 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by cloudy
Glad to see dyno comp finally install a APS TT. I didnt want to be the first test dummy to drop it off there. Let me know how it goes . And ya if you have the cash i would really recommend buying some new internals to go along with the TT install, even if you dont want to run too high of boost... still better to be safe then sorry.
Pm me how much they quoted you for install, iam curious. Thanks.
They have done APS TT systems previously. This is not their first.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:02 AM
cloudy

How long are u going to keep the car? If its not gonna be for that long, then why waste $$ on a TT?
Are you gonna be selling your car? if so how long from now? I might just buy it :P.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:03 AM
cloudy

They have done APS TT systems previously. This is not their first.
When i talked to them about month and half ago, they said they had not done it... Well actually when i talked to them on the phone, they said they had done it before, but when i went in and talked to them... they admitted that they havnt done one yet.. Who knows maybe in that time they did a install. But either way its a good looking shop and i would trust them with my car. Another place you might have considered getting it done was Vividracing.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:20 PM
APS
Banned

don't get me wrong, you can probably run 6 psi and not have problems for a while
With correct engine tuning for a given fuel octane and a well designed TT system I can't see any reason why guys can't run at least 8 PSI with a good deal of engine safety on the stock VQ engine.

That's fine though not everyone wants 500 + WHP in their Z car - and not everyone can afford to go this path, with higher engine power comes higher engine and drivetrain risk.

Correct and going FI internals does not resolve other issues that may have impacted on the engine failure in the first place - I've run the stock VQ engine at 9 PSI now for 30,000 miles without any problem, it all comes down to the engineering behind the FI product and how well developed the tuning data is to avoid engine detonation.

Peter
Old 05-04-2005, 07:42 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

I don't know of even ONE APS TT'd Z that's blown a motor yet...and every one of them is running around with at least 8psi...one is even up to 11....90% of the VQs that blow up on boost do so BELOW 8psi of boost and pretty much all of them have either a tuning issue or stock CAS wire or both.

Seeing multiple guys take the stock motor WELL over 400whp for 10K+ miles is enough for me to say that the stocker is just fine for 8, 9...even 10lbs of boost with the RIGHT SET-UP AND TUNE.

Yes, if you want to be more comfortable with boost than a built motor is the way to go if you feel like shelling another 5 grand, but it's not the end-all bandaid to issues that could crop up, and the APS TT kit is emerging as a very SAFE option for boost on the stock motor.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:52 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

APS and BRIGUY:

true, no aps setups have blown yet-as time goes on we all learn more and more to keep these things a bit safer..but coming from a guy who has gone through the headache of a motor blowing...i am now on the conservative side of things---if i could have done it all over again, i would have done forged internal from the start at the same time as the turbo install

as far as peter's comment about not everyone wanting 500+ hp...very true, but how great is it to have the abiliuty to go that route without having to yank the motor out, pull off the turbo kit, rebuild the engine, then re-install the turbo kit, and put it back together again...just my opinion...if i could have done it all over again--- i don't know that i would go with the APS setup--i don't understand the unichip thing- and the pain of finding a tuner, and so on and so on...the aps is a very complete kit, no doubt, but i like the ability to tune via the e-manage

again, IMHO, build it strong from the start- have a greater sense of security--not always thinking--hmm, is today the day..hmm, will i be the first to blow a stock motor on the "invincible" aps kit...
come on now

TODD

Quick Reply: APS TT Install at Dyno-Comp