Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS TT Install at Dyno-Comp

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 06:21 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evillll zzztop dont make me wait... pm the #s please :P.
Oh and too about the weather question.. Arizona is probably hoter then Nevada so should be fine there...

Oh and zzztop there are some big races going on at firebird raceway in chandler.. if your interested you should go down there and enter your car to see what ur running.
www.scandalousracing.com
Old 05-13-2005, 07:39 PM
derelicting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With summer temperatures getting into the 110's in the southwest, if you used an oil cooler plus a larger radiator would that lend the tuner to feel safe in performing a more aggressive tune and hence more power?

Also as to the cats, there has to be a place in Las Vegas that will pass you without them.

Last edited by derelicting; 05-13-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
APS and BRIGUY:

true, no aps setups have blown yet-as time goes on we all learn more and more to keep these things a bit safer..but coming from a guy who has gone through the headache of a motor blowing...i am now on the conservative side of things---if i could have done it all over again, i would have done forged internal from the start at the same time as the turbo install

as far as peter's comment about not everyone wanting 500+ hp...very true, but how great is it to have the abiliuty to go that route without having to yank the motor out, pull off the turbo kit, rebuild the engine, then re-install the turbo kit, and put it back together again...just my opinion...if i could have done it all over again--- i don't know that i would go with the APS setup--i don't understand the unichip thing- and the pain of finding a tuner, and so on and so on...the aps is a very complete kit, no doubt, but i like the ability to tune via the e-manage

again, IMHO, build it strong from the start- have a greater sense of security--not always thinking--hmm, is today the day..hmm, will i be the first to blow a stock motor on the "invincible" aps kit...
come on now

TODD
The peace of mind is worth $5000. Really, if you are putting this much into your car anyway, then in the long run, $5000 insn't that much. My FINAL plan after exploring every option in terms of an engine upgrade including building a super NA motor, is to go with The APS TT, running stock boost levels on a built motor. I will have reliability and TOTAL piece of mind whenever I want to punch it. I won't be worrying when I'm racing that guy in his new Z06 vette.. "oh s-h-i-t....Is my motor going to hold it together, or do I walk home a crippled loser"
Old 05-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Speedracer
I will have reliability and TOTAL piece of mind whenever I want to punch it. I won't be worrying when I'm racing that guy in his new Z06 vette.. "oh s-h-i-t....Is my motor going to hold it together, or do I walk home a crippled loser"
I have yet to hear of a built motor not holding together....even with the greddy tt kit. Keep in mind that most guys that have built motors are running 15+psi.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:20 AM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Nah man Arizona has come a LOONG way... Scottsdale was rated the #1 city to live in the WORLD. It is a big rich person city :P. Scottsdale use to be apart of Phoenix, but got so big (appx. 250,000+) So they decided to call it, its own city. Ya theres lots of potential out here, real estate especially.... Its crazy out here. And plus AZ is home to the #1 NBA Team right now :P
I just read this and started laughing my @ss off bro
I work in Paradise Valley and while I love AZ and like Scottsdale alot IT IS BY FAR NOT THE #1 city

Coming from Chicago I can tell you this for sure. I think it is a great place with great income opportunities and getting better and better. But the #1 city....C'mon bro. I work in Paradise Valley and think its beautiful and all but visit San Diego, Manhattan, Chicago, Coral Gables, S.F you get the picture.......

I think you just read some magazine that called us that and it stuck in you're head. I remember when Maxim put out a #1 place to live Mag and it had 13 different issues for different parts of the country calling them all #1 place to live Did you realize we don't even have one Skyscraper in this whole state? Buit I will tell you this. I TRULY believe the most beautful/easy girls in teh USA belong to AZ> Those 60,000.00 + ASU campuses churn some winners out (and Im not talking academics)
Old 06-01-2005, 06:52 AM
zman2

Good luck with your APS TT.
I am quite interested in the installation price (please PM if you do not want to post).

Any ideas about the installation price for forged rods and pistons?

Thanks
Old 06-01-2005, 08:11 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by zman2
Good luck with your APS TT.
I am quite interested in the installation price (please PM if you do not want to post).

Any ideas about the installation price for forged rods and pistons?

Thanks
Install price for the system and tuning was $2300 plus fluids. I have no idea about rods and pistons.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:04 AM
calimarc

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
Install price for the system and tuning was $2300 plus fluids. I have no idea about rods and pistons.
That is a very good price especially since you are so pleased with Dyno Comp's work.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by calimarc
That is a very good price especially since you are so pleased with Dyno Comp's work.
Absolutely.....I'm going back in couple of weeks for the addition of the APS exhaust.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:28 AM
calimarc

I might have to take a little "vacation" to Scottsdale when the time is right for my install. I just picked up a new base model Honda Civic for my daily driver...I'm thinking a necessary modification for going forced induction on my Z. Next month I start a new and better job with an hour commute each way and I really don't want to take an APS 350z on that commute everyday. Need that Civic gas milage..38 miles to the gallon..yeah baby!!