Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Install Complete and dynoed!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:20 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I've heard, the T-netics kit has been hitting 8psi boost at or around 3200 rpms. I guess I'll put this to rest when I make some quality videos once mine is installed.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Speed Dreams

Originally Posted by Barzten1
Tripp....thanks for letting me take the Z out for a cruise. That Turbonetics kit flies! Silent but deadly. That 370lbs of torque felt awsome!!!
My pleasure, glad you enjoyed.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Speed Dreams

Originally Posted by taurran
From what I've heard, the T-netics kit has been hitting 8psi boost at or around 3200 rpms. I guess I'll put this to rest when I make some quality videos once mine is installed.
This is true at sea level and mentioned earlier in this thread. Here at 5,200ft the turbo takes longer to reach that power/boost level but will at a lag time due to lower o2 levels. We see about 6 lbs boost at 3200 rpm.
The car comes alive about 4,500rpm and pulls hard through 7,000rpm. It depends on the driver and how they drive the car, I think Jason was conservative with mine considering his Z was under the knife in my shop at the time.LOL

If you look at the dyno overlay between a Vortech and our Turbonetics Z, the under the curve #'s just blast the Vortech by as much as 80whp/90tq by 4,800rpm.

Last edited by Speed Dreams; 05-24-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:14 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Speed Dreams
This is true at sea level and mentioned earlier in this thread. Here at 5,200ft the turbo takes longer to reach that power/boost level but will at a lag time due to lower o2 levels. We see about 6 lbs boost at 3200 rpm.
The car comes alive about 4,500rpm and pulls hard through 7,000rpm. It depends on the driver and how they drive the car, I think Jason was conservative with mine considering his Z was under the knife in my shop at the time.LOL

If you look at the dyno overlay between a Vortech and our Turbonetics Z, the under the curve #'s just blast the Vortech by as much as 80whp/90tq by 4,800rpm.
Agreed, I am at sea level and I make full boost that is a full 8 PSI at 3200 RPMs EVERY time.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Speed Dreams

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Agreed, I am at sea level and I make full boost that is a full 8 PSI at 3200 RPMs EVERY time.
Mia, check your boost gauge, a 6.1 turbo on a 6 cyl... The motor just can't produce enough power to produce that boost @ that rpm even at sea level.
ANYONE WANT TO CHIME IN!
Old 05-27-2005, 03:56 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mia, check your boost gauge, a 6.1 turbo on a 6 cyl... The motor just can't produce enough power to produce that boost @ that rpm even at sea level.
ANYONE WANT TO CHIME IN!
I'm a little confused. You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurran

This is true at sea level and mentioned earlier in this thread.
But then you go on to disagree with MIA when he backs this claim up.

Can you clarify?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:16 AM
MIAPLAYA

My boost gauge is accurate. At ambient temp of 70 degrees F my car is making a full 8 PSI at 3200 RPMS EVERY TIME. I have posted a few videos of this as well. My next mod is going to be a camera mount so I can get some better videos.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:45 AM
SpeedDreamTuner

I find that hard to beleive. Extremely hard... Your telling me your fully spooled 1/3 through the RPM range and carry that all the way to redline? I would question that even on a Roots blower, but I just can't accept that for a turbo.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:02 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by SpeedDreamTuner
I find that hard to beleive. Extremely hard... Your telling me your fully spooled 1/3 through the RPM range and carry that all the way to redline? I would question that even on a Roots blower, but I just can't accept that for a turbo.
Well you can question it all day I know what its doing...Watch the videos the evidence is there. Why is it so hard to believe? A lot of the TT kits are doing just the same...I'm not saying it does that in every gear but in 2-6 it does....
Old 05-27-2005, 08:08 AM
MIAPLAYA

Link to vids... https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/123231-new-turbonetics-pics-and-two-vids.html
Old 05-27-2005, 08:11 AM
MIAPLAYA

Link to other video... https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/118757-pics-of-my-turbonetics-kit-yes-my-car-is-done-8.html
Old 05-27-2005, 08:22 AM
SpeedDreamTuner

MIA, you've posted numerously in this thread about links to your videos. We all know you have videos.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:29 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by SpeedDreamTuner
MIA, you've posted numerously in this thread about links to your videos. We all know you have videos.
I'm not saying you don't know. I posted the videos to make it easier for you to find them. I'm just trying to show you that here in San Diego I am getting full boost at 3200 and that possible the lag you see is a result of the variance in altitude. I'm not looking to pick a fight here. I'm just trying to help everyone out...
Old 05-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Speed Dreams

Originally Posted by kcobean
I'm a little confused.
But then you go on to disagree with MIA when he backs this claim up.

Can you clarify?

Just didn't notice the #'s he had posted, was on track with how we boost up slower at altitude. When he posted back " I'm at full boost @ 3,200rpm" I picked up on it. In addition, with discussion at the shop of our Z boosting, our boost on the Z at 3,200 was arround 4lbs. We have a hand held which passenger holds, sorry for the mistake.

Mia, none of my people are dumping on you. You have been helpful and informative which all members thank you for. This is a discussion group forum and topic discussions breed disagreements.
I said earlier it seems impossible for a small displacement motor to be able to spool a 6.1 turbo to a full 8lbs of boost @ 3,200rpm.
I also asked others to chime in with their comments and experiences with this turbo, lets see.

Tripp
Old 05-27-2005, 08:27 PM
taurran

I'm at sea level too. I'll definitely add my own findings in a week.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Phatmitzu

Questions:

1) So the turbonetics kit COMES with the reflash? Or is that extra?
2) If it comes with the reflash, how does it work? We send in the ECU to have it reflashed for FREE?
3) Im closer to technosquare, can I just reflash it there?
4) What else does the reflash do other than the fuel and rev bump? remove rev limiter?

I did read through the page..but all the bashing and arguing is giving me a headache...
Old 05-28-2005, 09:18 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
Questions:

1) So the turbonetics kit COMES with the reflash? Or is that extra?
The cost of the reflash is included in the kit. There was talk of a 'tuner kit', but I'm not sure where that's at.
2) If it comes with the reflash, how does it work? We send in the ECU to have it reflashed for FREE?
Yep, one of the first things you do is send the ECU to T-netics for reflash. They provide a Fed-Ex shipping container with shipping labels, so there is no cost to ship. The reflash isn't free, it's cost is built into the purchase of the kit.
3) Im closer to technosquare, can I just reflash it there?
That's probably a question for Brad at T-netics, or MIA.
4) What else does the reflash do other than the fuel and rev bump? remove rev limiter?
It alters the fuel and timing maps to account for the increased airflow, as well as raise the rev limiter and remove the speed limiter.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally Posted by kcobean
The cost of the reflash is included in the kit. There was talk of a 'tuner kit', but I'm not sure where that's at.

Yep, one of the first things you do is send the ECU to T-netics for reflash. They provide a Fed-Ex shipping container with shipping labels, so there is no cost to ship. The reflash isn't free, it's cost is built into the purchase of the kit.

That's probably a question for Brad at T-netics, or MIA.

It alters the fuel and timing maps to account for the increased airflow, as well as raise the rev limiter and remove the speed limiter.
Awesome! Thanks.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:40 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
Awesome! Thanks.
You could take it Turbonetics and have it flashed there if you want but Technosquare is not doing the reflash. Turbonetics bought the hardware to perform the flash at Turbonetics and that is where the ECUs are being flashed...
Old 05-29-2005, 08:13 AM
GQ 350z

The turbonetics kit is such a bargain for what it entails. I hope to have it by January! =(

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Install Complete and dynoed!!