Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Install Complete and dynoed!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 06:03 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonetics Install Complete and dynoed!!

Hey everyone,

I just want to let everyone know our results thus far with the Turbonetics single turbo kit and the Speed Dreams 350z. This was basically on a shake down pass after we drove it around testing it out.

The graph is layed out against one of our other Vortech cars. As you can see the turbo car makes GOBBS more power and torque than the Vortech car at midrange and lower RPM. Peak power numbers aren't as large but the results are. Everything on the car is OEM including the plenum minus the kit and tune.

I'll tell you which kit i'd put on my car.

I feel we have a super conservative tune right now. We'd like to tweak it a bit and run a pound or two more and shoot for high 300's - low 400's. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Turbonetics Install Complete and dynoed!!-350zs.jpg  
Old 05-10-2005, 06:08 PM
tig488

damn, much more torque, the vortechs higher hp numbers comes on at that 7k spike, man im glad i sold my vortech for this kit. i like that low end tq and hp.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:17 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

am I reading it correct? 346 hp for turbonetics vs 365 for vortech? how much boost? can't wait to see the final numbers
Old 05-10-2005, 06:34 PM
GQ 350z

Area under the curve baby. I can't wait till I have enough for a Turbonetics kit.

MIAPLAYA: If you read this, what all mods could I get before I go turbo to "prepare" ? Plenum, test pipes, headers?

ravi

Last edited by GQ 350z; 05-10-2005 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Lorca@Z1

Originally Posted by accordfreak
am I reading it correct? 346 hp for turbonetics vs 365 for vortech? how much boost? can't wait to see the final numbers
Looks like 385 for the Vortech.

The A/F looks very conservative, you should be able to get some more HP with a good tune, but it will take more boost to get 400. I have to say I am much more impressed by this Turbonetics chart than the one on display at SEMA which was very laggy.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:13 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sure the Vortech HP and trq # are from a stock set up also . And of course the turbo is going to make more trq and hp down low . Its free hp ...no pulleys robbing hp . Compare it to another single turbo . Then you'll have good idea how its going to measure up .
Old 05-10-2005, 07:29 PM
aron

Just go to the 2.87 pulley on the vortech and you will see a better hp/tq curve.....a very noticeable power change and worth the money......great numbers though with the Turbonetics, this would have been my choice had I not gone with the Vortech..

Aaron
Old 05-10-2005, 07:38 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by Lorca@Z1
Looks like 385 for the Vortech.

The A/F looks very conservative, you should be able to get some more HP with a good tune, but it will take more boost to get 400. I have to say I am much more impressed by this Turbonetics chart than the one on display at SEMA which was very laggy.
keep in mind, these are corrected numbers...5500 ft altitude

a stock z here only dynos at like 210rwhp
Old 05-10-2005, 07:39 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by SpeedDreamTuner
Hey everyone,

I just want to let everyone know our results thus far with the Turbonetics single turbo kit and the Speed Dreams 350z. This was basically on a shake down pass after we drove it around testing it out.

I feel we have a super conservative tune right now. We'd like to tweak it a bit and run a pound or two more and shoot for high 300's - low 400's. Enjoy
congrats..wondering when we'd hear an update on that project
Old 05-10-2005, 07:40 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by booger
Im sure the Vortech HP and trq # are from a stock set up also . And of course the turbo is going to make more trq and hp down low . Its free hp ...no pulleys robbing hp . Compare it to another single turbo . Then you'll have good idea how its going to measure up .
Yeah, it's fun to look at, but you can already guess the graphs will look like that. Now that single turbo kits are hitting the scene, sc doesn't make much sense considering it's ~ the same price. Anyone going FI now should just be deciding ST or TT.

Thanks for posting this just for the TN though, not many dynos on this kit yet considering it's been out for a bit...
Old 05-10-2005, 08:09 PM
GQ 350z

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
Yeah, it's fun to look at, but you can already guess the graphs will look like that. Now that single turbo kits are hitting the scene, sc doesn't make much sense considering it's ~ the same price. Anyone going FI now should just be deciding ST or TT.

Thanks for posting this just for the TN though, not many dynos on this kit yet considering it's been out for a bit...

Absolutely true. Single or twin should be the only question. Man, its going to suck waiting to have the cash to get this done =/ You FI guys are so lucky.

hah

ravi
Old 05-10-2005, 08:16 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

Hey no problem, that's why we're here and we do the testing we do.

The Vortech car had a few mods including free flowing exhaust with high flow cats and an aftermarket intake plenum.

I really feel that with tuning we can conservatively pick up another 10-15 horse, a better plenum, maybe 10 or so, and with a better exhaust, be right around the 400 range. We may decide to put an extra pound and hold on!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Gman2004

I thought this kit come with a flashed ECU...how do you tune it?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:44 PM
xxlbeerZ

I'm assuming they hooked up an emanage to the flashed ECU or something?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:26 PM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedDreamTuner
Hey no problem, that's why we're here and we do the testing we do.

The Vortech car had a few mods including free flowing exhaust with high flow cats and an aftermarket intake plenum.

I really feel that with tuning we can conservatively pick up another 10-15 horse, a better plenum, maybe 10 or so, and with a better exhaust, be right around the 400 range. We may decide to put an extra pound and hold on!!!
Any idea why the power drops off above 5500? Was this on a stock exhaust? I wonder what keeps it from breathing up high when the Vortech seems to have no problem.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Speed Dreams

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I thought this kit come with a flashed ECU...how do you tune it?
.......Yes it does, but that's not the end of the world either. The tune was developed by Technosquare Inc. We have worked with them on many turbo application reflashes.
You get a tune from Turbonetics included in your kit program by...........Technosquare!!!
Our tune involves timing curve and fuel due to our altitude as well as....well, some extra tweeking. There is an extra charge if you choose to send your ecu to Tech. We data log and comunicate this info to Tech for problem solving issues.
Bugger, pull your head out dude, I would walk all over that Vortech, below the curve I'm all over it.Plus we're bone stock and the Vortech has Plenum, cat and exhaust upgrades good for another 20whp or so.

Last edited by Speed Dreams; 05-10-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:33 PM
fernandito7

how much boost are using?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:40 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

Whatever the stock kit is setup for. 6-7 PSI?
Old 05-11-2005, 05:25 AM
MIAPLAYA

Congrats....curve looks good for the altitude. Remember they also lose a pound of boot or so up there. Glad you guys are impressed. I told you it was worth it
Old 05-11-2005, 05:28 AM
AdamDC

Great numbers, and the more options for the Z the better.

I just wanted to caution some that there are different reasons for going with a SC vs ST/TT. While I am not trying to take anything away from the turbos (I think they are fantastic) there are still some reasons why individuals would want to go with the SC, especially if you race on a track or autocross. The linear power delivery of a SC allows the driver to more accurately predict the behavior of a care when trying to make the most of entry and exit from a corner.

Admittedly the ST/TT makes more power but with that power coming on so suddenly at 2500-3500 rpm it can make for a very scary ride on the track.

As I said, I am not trying to take anything away from these kits, they are powerful and a blast to drive, I am just cautioning people against making statements that there is now no reason to go with a SC.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Install Complete and dynoed!!