Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The 1 Man Turbonetics Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Ngoc413

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, i'm planning to buy and install the turbonator turbo also but don't know it is worth the money. Is it reliable? Do you have to replace any piston or engine components? by the way Nicely done! Looks Great!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 06:58 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ngoc413
Hey, i'm planning to buy and install the turbonator turbo also but don't know it is worth the money. Is it reliable? Do you have to replace any piston or engine components? by the way Nicely done! Looks Great!!!
Assuming you meant Turbonetics Turbo (not Turbonator...You should look that one up ), we don't really have any "reliability" data yet. The kit is just too new. It is definitely worth the money for the performance. No internal work is required to use this kit.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:34 PM
1 2 NV

My "T" fitting did not want to go in also. I think the oil pressure sensor is tappered so it gets wider the deeper you screw it in. It didn't seem like the "T" fitting was tappered. I used a wire wheel on it and finally got it in there. But every time I go somewhere I am always checking because I too, am worried if I screwed it in enough. So far so good. (fingers crossed)
Old 06-08-2005, 05:59 AM
BPL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@SirJonny
Did you use the liquid NPT thread sealant or the tape? Maybe if you use the liquid and are careful not to tighten it too much it'll fill the gap and keep it from leaking.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:17 AM
SirJonnyWispit

i used the tape. . . . u want to hear something disturbing, i mic'd (spelling?) the sending units thread diameter and the T thread diameter and the T is 15 thousandths larger. theres no wonder it cracked the block, 15 thousandths is a TON when your talking about screwing something into alumiunum... to bad the block isnt steel then it would have just refused to go in, instead of cracking the boss. i think TNETICS should take a look at this before it happens again. NO i didnt overtighten it, hell only 4 threads went in! anyways i have a guy who could weld ice cream coming over with a heli-arc machine to attempt a repair. cross your fingers for me please!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:11 AM
kcobean

Hmmm.....It would be great to have T-netics chime in on this one right about now....
There are a LOT of installs pending out there.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:40 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by kcobean
Hmmm.....It would be great to have T-netics chime in on this one right about now....
There are a LOT of installs pending out there.
I'm trying to get a hold of Brad right now...
Old 06-08-2005, 08:52 AM
dirtroad

Originally Posted by SirJonnyWispit
i used the tape. . . . u want to hear something disturbing, i mic'd (spelling?) the sending units thread diameter and the T thread diameter and the T is 15 thousandths larger. theres no wonder it cracked the block, 15 thousandths is a TON when your talking about screwing something into alumiunum... to bad the block isnt steel then it would have just refused to go in, instead of cracking the boss. i think TNETICS should take a look at this before it happens again. NO i didnt overtighten it, hell only 4 threads went in! anyways i have a guy who could weld ice cream coming over with a heli-arc machine to attempt a repair. cross your fingers for me please!
that sux dude, you did everything right and BAM your engine is screwed. you should not have to pay for any of the damage, especially when it's a clear engineering error. hope it works out for you.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:55 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by dirtroad
that sux dude, you did everything right and BAM your engine is screwed. you should not have to pay for any of the damage, especially when it's a clear engineering error. hope it works out for you.
There is a "no questions asked" warranty on this kit. If it's not easily fixable and this does turn out to be a design flaw, then the opportunity to seek restitutions exists. At least this will lead to the problem (if it's a problem) being fixed early on in this kits' release, which is good for everyone involved.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:24 AM
SirJonnyWispit

in these days and times im not about to hold my breath while i wait on turbonetics to take any responsibility.... something this major will come with major excuses im almost sure of it... i tightened it too far... i crossthreaded it.... none of which happened. i admit im no authorized turbonetics installer but im also not a special olympian... i know how to screw in a fitting carefully and straight. MIA you are the man with the pull, see if you can help a brother out.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:28 AM
MIAPLAYA

in these days and times im not about to hold my breath while i wait on turbonetics to take any responsibility.... something this major will come with major excuses im almost sure of it... i tightened it too far... i crossthreaded it.... none of which happened. i admit im no authorized turbonetics installer but im also not a special olympian... i know how to screw in a fitting carefully and straight. MIA you are the man with the pull, see if you can help a brother out.
Johnny I just called Brad...he wasn't there but I did leave a vm. Might I suggest you call Reggie from Turbonetics in the mean time. He is in charge of customer support there and should be able to help you out immediately. 805.581.0333 ask for Reggie in Customer Service
Old 06-08-2005, 09:32 AM
SirJonnyWispit

i just got off the phone... reggie is on break but i left a detailed voicemail with brad. im gonna see if he calls me back. shoot it to me straight, im screwed arent i? i dont see any comnpany taking the blame in a situation like this even if it is their fault.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:38 AM
MIAPLAYA

i just got off the phone... reggie is on break but i left a detailed voicemail with brad. im gonna see if he calls me back. shoot it to me straight, im screwed arent i? i dont see any comnpany taking the blame in a situation like this even if it is their fault.
I wouldn't say that at all. Wait till you talk to Brad or Reggie before loosing hope. They are both great guys and if it is in fact an issue with the T fittings they are sending out then I'm sure they will help you out.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:44 AM
SirJonnyWispit

ive had too many bad dealings in the past to have much hope on an issue this major. i just spent 5 grand on the kit+accesories and all i have is a sitting piece of metal thats gonna take another 2 grand to repair.. it took me long enough to save for the kit, im not thrilled with the idea of having to repair the block at my expense.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:45 AM
MIAPLAYA

ive had too many bad dealings in the past to have much hope on an issue this major. i just spent 5 grand on the kit+accesories and all i have is a sitting piece of metal thats gonna take another 2 grand to repair.. it took me long enough to save for the kit, im not thrilled with the idea of having to repair the block at my expense.
Honestly bro give it some time. Talk to Reggie before you give up hope. Turbonetics is a pretty standup company.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:46 AM
SirJonnyWispit

i just talked to reggie and he is A+ and not at all what i expected, at least so far... he said he will get back to me within a few hours. he said that he is gonna help me somehow. my fingers are crossed.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:49 AM
taurran

i just talked to reggie and he is A+ and not at all what i expected, at least so far... he said he will get back to me within a few hours. he said that he is gonna help me somehow. my fingers are crossed.
Reggie is "the man".
Old 06-08-2005, 10:52 AM
SirJonnyWispit

so far he is real nice about it... not what i expected, which was the runaround.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:56 AM
MIAPLAYA

so far he is real nice about it... not what i expected, which was the runaround.
I told you man don't lose hope. When I told you Reggie would help you out I meant it. Everybody I have referred to him has been MORE then satisfied. I honestly am sorry I could not personally do more but getting you or other people in touch with Reggie seems to be doing alright so I'll keep that up..
Old 06-08-2005, 10:56 AM
LaPuLaPu

I’m curious to why Turbonetics went the path of drilling a whole into the block. Was it to save cost on parts? Hmmm.. Would it be possible to use a PE or APS oil pan instead?

Quick Reply: The 1 Man Turbonetics Install