Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The 1 Man Turbonetics Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 07:37 AM
SirJonnyWispit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm... the reason i asked is because thats where i have my line hooked and it wasnt showing anything while i was driving. i took off the little black rubber piece on the plenum thing... shouldnt that open it up?? my gauge doesnt move like its getting no pressure at all.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:46 AM
1 2 NV

What does your gauge show while your sitting at idle? At idle you should be in a vaccum. Have you checked the hoses to make sure they are not kinked or maybe even got burned through?
Old 06-09-2005, 08:01 AM
MIAPLAYA

I have the line from my plenum running to the BOV were I t'd it and run one to the BOV input and one the to boost sensor from autometer. Johnny is the guage lighting up at all?
Old 06-09-2005, 08:03 AM
SirJonnyWispit

ok i got it... i just went and checked and the big rubber thing on the firewall where i ran it through under the steering wheel was pinching it shut. i pushed out on the rubber thing from inside and now the hose is not crimped... i cant tell yet cause the car isnt startable but im guessing that was the problem cause the gauge lit up but would sit on 0 the whole time. no vacc or boost. im certain that was the problem though.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:05 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by SirJonnyWispit
ok i got it... i just went and checked and the big rubber thing on the firewall where i ran it through under the steering wheel was pinching it shut. i pushed out on the rubber thing from inside and now the hose is not crimped... i cant tell yet cause the car isnt startable but im guessing that was the problem cause the gauge lit up but would sit on 0 the whole time. no vacc or boost. im certain that was the problem though.
Glad to hear you got that handled. Let me know what happens with everything else or if there is anything else I can help with...
Old 06-09-2005, 08:06 AM
SirJonnyWispit

how many more hours until Tnetics opens up?? im in TN and its 12:05 here.. what is it in cali? 9:05??

BTW thanks for the quick response Dan
Old 06-09-2005, 08:14 AM
MIAPLAYA

how many more hours until Tnetics opens up?? im in TN and its 12:05 here.. what is it in cali? 9:05??

BTW thanks for the quick response Dan
Yes it is they should be open now.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:21 AM
SirJonnyWispit

well brad and reggie are both on the phone but i have a message in... maybe they will call back soon.... im eager to hear whats gonna happen.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:22 AM
MIAPLAYA

well brad and reggie are both on the phone but i have a message in... maybe they will call back soon.... im eager to hear whats gonna happen.
Cool I'll try to get a hold of Brad too...
Old 06-09-2005, 08:27 AM
SirJonnyWispit

MIA you mentioned Brad was checking thread pitch.... I did that and thread pitch is the same, its the thread diameter at the tip thats larger.. not to mention the T has a much faster taper than the sending unit.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:47 AM
MIAPLAYA

MIA you mentioned Brad was checking thread pitch.... I did that and thread pitch is the same, its the thread diameter at the tip thats larger.. not to mention the T has a much faster taper than the sending unit.
Johnny, Brad mentioned that he was also checking the taper and comparing it to some others....I think he has a bunch of info for you on that.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:21 AM
BPL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Absolutely. You could use either one of those kits. Turbonetics felt that tapping the block was a simple effective way to run the oil drain without added cost to the user. You are certainly able to use another oil pan if you like though.
Another (cheaper) option is to tap a JWT oil pan spacer. It's inexpensive, you don't have to drill your upper oil pan, and you get an extra quart. This is what I did for my install and it worked out great.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:27 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by BPL
Another (cheaper) option is to tap a JWT oil pan spacer. It's inexpensive, you don't have to drill your upper oil pan, and you get an extra quart. This is what I did for my install and it worked out great.
Good call...
Old 06-09-2005, 09:57 AM
SirJonnyWispit

an oil pan spacer or entire oil pan wouldnt help my situation because the oil feed line has to be pressurized. thats why it goes in front of the pressure sending unit. if you ran the oil feed line into a spacer or the oil pan no oil would be pushed to the turbo and we all know what that would cause. on the other hand you can use the spacer for the return line since oil just falls from the turbo into the pan that way.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:58 AM
MIAPLAYA

an oild pan spacer or entire oil pan wouldnt help my situation because the oil feed line has to be pressurized. thats why it goes in front of the pressure sending unit. if you ran the oil feed line into a spacer or the oil pan no oil would be pushed to the turbo and we all know what that would cause. on the other hand you can use the spacer for the return line since oil just falls from the turbo into the pan that way.
I think thats what he meant. And yes you are absolutely correct....
Old 06-09-2005, 10:02 AM
SirJonnyWispit

well i talked to brad and reggie... brad said that they have been using an 1/8 ID NPT pipe tap like the one sent for the return line on that hole on older cars (mines an 03??). i sent pics of the crack and we think if i use the 1/8 tap and liquid NPT sealant that the T threads will go past the crack and it wont leak.. im waiting on a call from brad before i start to see if i need to clamp the crack closed before i run the tap in..... im thinking if i dont the crack will just spread as im tapping the hole and possibly crack farther since im gonna have to run the tap all the way to the end of the threads inside the boss.... damn this is wild, i hope it works... if so ill be spinning tires before nightfall haha
Old 06-09-2005, 10:11 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, I hope it works!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:13 AM
SirJonnyWispit

anyone with advice feel free to give me a call. 423 716 0782
Old 06-09-2005, 10:20 AM
taurran

Sounds good. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:02 AM
SirJonnyWispit

well i have some bad news... i have tapped the hole and the crack is worse than i thought.... it runs all the way to the gold ball in the boss that faces the front of the car (some will know what i mean) so i dont think its gonna matter about tapping the hole. i believe its still going to leak at the front boss. i cant get ahold of brad or reggie right now i guess they are at lunch. this BLOWS. if only the 1/8 tap was mentioned in the instructions.....

Quick Reply: The 1 Man Turbonetics Install