Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The 1 Man Turbonetics Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 06:37 PM
SirJonnyWispit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont mind you posting about other stuff on my threads... im not gonna get wild like some guys. talk about whatever you want that comes up is what i say...
Old 06-10-2005, 06:39 PM
SirJonnyWispit

this is gonna be the longest weekend of my life... i agree with you man i think ive earned this upcoming 1st worry free ride...
Old 06-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Turbonetics

Originally Posted by SirJonnyWispit
ok i have an update... my man came by to give me a 2nd opinion and here is where i stand... next week he will be coming with a heli-arc machine. he said he can fix it, no question in his mind but he said welding it is gonna mess up the threads... so i have to get a heli-coil kit which is basically a plug of sorts and a pipe tap. the plug goes into the ruined hole and then you drill it out the plug and tap it so the T will go in... he said if the front plug (gold ball) comes out he can plug weld that hole since thats all it does is plug where they had to drill that oil galley. this has been some crazy adventure but it looks like ill be able to drive around in this thing by next week. he said he can do it and i dont doubt him but so far murphys law has been in effect..... so who knows....
That's gret news...we will keep our fingers crossed.

Brad
Old 06-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Turbonetics

Originally Posted by zland
Brad:

Congratulations to you and all those at Turbonetics for your success with the sales of these kits. I am pleased to see you are working closely with customers like SirJonnyWispit to meet their needs.
Thanks Jeff...it's been going pretty good, very good actually. we make 24 other turbo systems and i don't think there is another system we make that has as much enthusiasum for thier vehicles as this group does.

Brad
Old 06-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Peking

Originally Posted by Turbonetics
Absolutely….just call Reggie 805-581-6710 with your kit serial number and we will send you the tap at no cost.

Brad
NOICE
Old 06-11-2005, 02:25 PM
jazz z1

Hang in there ... SIRJONNYWISPIT, Looks like the worst part is behind you. This time next week you'll be up and running. I'm impressed with Brad's (Turbonetics)willingness to accommodate you.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:55 PM
xxlbeerZ

You sure take welding and heli-coiling your block better than I would. Those threads will not be as strong as the originals. Wait until you see how it's done.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:28 AM
SirJonnyWispit

xxlbeerz brad has already said he will send me the upper oil pan if it needs replaced so im not that concerned... i know how it is done and at the same time i think if its able to be done right it will last the life of my engine... im trying to be as optimistic as i can... there isnt much else left to go wrong.

JAZZ - yea ive been very impressed myself... brad, reggie have been great to deal with.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

SirJonny-Im sorry to hear of your problems, I wish you luck with your fix, thanks for posting your good/bad experiences witih the kit. I have a question, it was already asked but I dont think you replied, about how much would having the a/c lines re routed cost you? Again good luck on getting your car on the road and keep us updated.

To MIAPLAYA/Brad-you are a VERY helpful guys, and just from reading this post and seeing how you have helped Jonny I want to thank you. Its not something you see much at all with other kits with the exception of Peter from APS-except you guys dont try to sell the T-netics in every one of your posts I am about to order a T-netics kit, and Im happy to know that if I have any issues, I will be taken care of
Old 06-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Turbonetics

Originally Posted by Alberto
SirJonny-Im sorry to hear of your problems, I wish you luck with your fix, thanks for posting your good/bad experiences witih the kit. I have a question, it was already asked but I dont think you replied, about how much would having the a/c lines re routed cost you? Again good luck on getting your car on the road and keep us updated.

To MIAPLAYA/Brad-you are a VERY helpful guys, and just from reading this post and seeing how you have helped Jonny I want to thank you. Its not something you see much at all with other kits with the exception of Peter from APS-except you guys dont try to sell the T-netics in every one of your posts I am about to order a T-netics kit, and Im happy to know that if I have any issues, I will be taken care of
Alberto,
The system actually comes with a new A/C line and it's a matter of having a A/C shop evacuate the system, install the new line and re-charge… and in Southern California this runs about $60-70.

Thank you for considering our turbo system, I am confident you will be happy with your choice. We figured that once the systems got out on the street and other 350Z owners started to provide feedback the system would sell itself. The feedback provided by other owners is generally more believable than that of the company trying to peddle it.

Brad
Old 06-13-2005, 07:52 AM
MIAPLAYA

Just glad to help out!!
Old 06-13-2005, 08:09 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

can anyone tell me if the car is smelly with this kit given that there are no cats?
Old 06-13-2005, 09:14 AM
ztropic

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
Those threads will not be as strong as the originals.
With this type of repair you don't need to be extremely concerned with the strength of the added/welded material nor the threads since the area is not "load bearing" or under extreme pressure. Typically the weld bead is more dense (stronger), but more brittle, so the only concern might be excessive vibration between the joined parts.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:55 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by 35ounces
can anyone tell me if the car is smelly with this kit given that there are no cats?
My car smells like other Zs with no cats. If you're concerned about it being 'smelly', you could get the cat version.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:45 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by ztropic
With this type of repair you don't need to be extremely concerned with the strength of the added/welded material nor the threads since the area is not "load bearing" or under extreme pressure. Typically the weld bead is more dense (stronger), but more brittle, so the only concern might be excessive vibration between the joined parts.
I was talking about the heli-coil, not the weld. Really, since it's just the upper oil pan it doesn't matter, I thought he messed up his block.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:34 AM
ztropic

gotcha
Old 06-19-2005, 07:39 PM
jlimquest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Would the Injen dual exhaust, DC headers, Hi-Flow CATS & Kinetix V4 plenum work with the Turbonetics ST on a 5AT?

2) What other mods or parts will I need to run w/ stock internals or will it run perfect out of the box?

3) Anyone know a Los Angeles area turbo installer that has done the Turbonetics ST on the 350Z?

3) Which dealer has the best pricing for the Turbonetics ST currently?

Sorry for all the questions but you guy's are the EXPERTS.
THANKS ALL!!!!

Last edited by jlimquest; 06-19-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:48 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by jlimquest
1) Would the Injen dual exhaust, DC headers, Hi-Flow CATS & Kinetix V4 plenum work with the Turbonetics ST on a 5AT?

2) What other mods or parts will I need to run w/ stock internals or will it run perfect out of the box?

3) Anyone know a Los Angeles area turbo installer that has done the Turbonetics ST on the 350Z?

3) Which dealer has the best pricing for the Turbonetics ST currently?

Sorry for all the questions but you guy's are the EXPERTS.
THANKS ALL!!!!
The Injen dual exhuast would need to be modified to work. Any shop should be able to do this. High flow cats will not work as they are replaced, plenum should work fine. I have no other engine mods besides an exhaust and mine works great. I'm not sure about LA area but I know Danzio Performance has done one. They are in Lake Elsinore though. Webpage is www.danzioperformance.com Currently I'd say either www.forgedinternals.com www.avalonracing.net or Altered Atmosphere have the best prices on the kits.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:52 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will have pictures in a few days of the GReddy EVO2 modified to make this kit work. Should make the exhaust flow very very direct from the downpipe back into the mid-pipe.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:53 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by kcobean
I will have pictures in a few days of the GReddy EVO2 modified to make this kit work. Should make the exhaust flow very very direct from the downpipe back into the mid-pipe.
NOICE!!! congrats!!!

Quick Reply: The 1 Man Turbonetics Install