Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

For those of you with Vortech need screen shot of r4 software

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:10 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by backagain
I know it is not good to use other peopls maps nor do i plan on using it. but i would like to compare your map A and map B maps to mine, i plan on getting my car dynoed (tuned again) very soon and would like for the tuner to see as much info as he can, he's never used the r4 software. if anyone with the vortech sc has headers test pipes and borla td exhaust i would like for you to help me out. thank you. only if you have my same mods (which i know is a long shot) please reply. thank you.
Ray,

I see you have headers, test pipes and the Borla TD exhaust. Are you having any problems with boost? I have headers, TP and teh Injen TD and am ONLY able to hit 5.7 psi max with teh 8# pulley. This is per the past week when Lorca had my Z.

1) So how much boost are you seeing?
2) What kind of numbers did you out down when it was tuned @ Z1?

Here are what I am seeing:

1) 5.7 psi on 1 run and 5.0-5.3 psi on about 9-10 other runs.
2) I put down 305HP (approx) and 280TQ (approx)

Zach
Old 06-13-2005, 01:24 PM
backagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
Ray,

I see you have headers, test pipes and the Borla TD exhaust. Are you having any problems with boost? I have headers, TP and teh Injen TD and am ONLY able to hit 5.7 psi max with teh 8# pulley. This is per the past week when Lorca had my Z.

1) So how much boost are you seeing?
2) What kind of numbers did you out down when it was tuned @ Z1?

Here are what I am seeing:

1) 5.7 psi on 1 run and 5.0-5.3 psi on about 9-10 other runs.
2) I put down 305HP (approx) and 280TQ (approx)

Zach

i can't tell for sure but it's right at 8lbs, maybe like 7.5 but not less than that, putting down 387 with the borla exhaust, (sae corrected) 324 tq (sae corrected).
Old 06-13-2005, 01:29 PM
zachcrosen

i can't tell for sure but it's right at 8lbs, maybe like 7.5 but not less than that, putting down 387 with the borla exhaust, (sae corrected) 324 tq (sae corrected).
Hell, it sounds like you have basically the same setup as me and are making way more power. What the hell gives?!?!?! Maybe I have a bad blower?
Old 06-13-2005, 02:01 PM
backagain

like lorca said, you are AT, that plays a HUGE roll in the hp loss,, send in the blower to vortech and see what they say, just get it tested,
Old 06-13-2005, 02:12 PM
zachcrosen

like lorca said, you are AT, that plays a HUGE roll in the hp loss,, send in the blower to vortech and see what they say, just get it tested,
I will likely do that after I try the test pipes replacement.

Everyone is saying that my #s are so low because I have the 5AT. While I understand that this is some of my problems, I do not feel that it is all of the problem. I have seen several other guys (Sungnamz for example) who have very similar mods and the 5AT and are puting down over 400HP. This same guy was only puting down 338HP with the Kinetix V4 plenum and then swapped it with the new 1 piece manifold (w/o removing from the dyno) and redynoed at around 388HP. He then had the car RETUNED to around 405HP. With the following "ricer" logic in mind, I would be highly screwed if I was running the V4 plenum still. If he gained roughly 70HP by JUST adding the manifold and additional tuning for the manifold, then I would ONLY be puting down 230ish HP w/o the manifold (same as prior to the SC install). Now realistically, I know that this is not how the HP numbers add up or work, but I can ONLY imagine how much lower my numbers would be if I was still running the V4 plenum. I swear, my blower has to be bad somehow.

One day I will go to the track to see what kinda times I can turn with my new setup, but all I have to go on now is my **** poor, lower than expected numbers.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Phaneom

Just a shot in the wind.....But is your oil return line kinked a little. Maybe it is not allowing the oil to cycle properly thus adding more friction to the blower.

Like I said just a shot in the wind but something to look at maybe.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Phaneom

Opps sorry to steal your thread Backagain....Thought I was posting in zachcrosen thread. As for the Maps I can't help you. I still am running on the stock tune
Old 01-04-2006, 01:37 PM
MCopare

OVER INJ % - 0

what is this for?
Old 01-04-2006, 01:51 PM
prescience

It is not relevant since it relates to Output C mode. Output B mode is relevant for this car - which should be set to 'Over RPM and Pressure'

For the record, the below is taken from the R4 glossary (which you can find by loading the R4 help from the R4 menu installed on your PC). Then select Help Topics->Output Settings

Selects the operating mode for output-C.

If you select "Inj A over /Latched" the output will pull to GND if the injector time for Map A is over the duty cycle entered in the "Over Inj %" filed. Once this output is activated it will stay activated until power to the controller is removed.
If you select "Inj B over /Latched" the output will pull to GND if the injector time for Map B is over the duty cycle entered in the "Over Inj %" filed. Once this output is activated it will stay activated until power to the controller is removed.

Select "Inj A and B over /latched" if you want the output to trigger for both "Inj A over /Latched" and "Inj B over /Latched" modes.
You can use this to help determine if you have exceeded the duty cycle time of an injector.
Due to the limited current available from this output you should drive a relay. This output pulls to GND when active.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:09 PM
MCopare

thanks