Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Tuned the car to supercharged viper killing status

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:40 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man 350zdcalb u scare me sometimes... your car just needs to run perfect now.. NO MORE PROBLEMS! lol
Old 06-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
dyno was on 91...i plan to fill everytime with 4 gallons 101 and the rest 91 for an added safety blanket

And also keep in mind, that higher elevation has the same effect as running higher octane fuel. less chance of detonation at a given pressure level, since there is less overall cylinder pressure at 5500 foot altitude.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:24 PM
myehrick09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

That's one kill to remember with your entire life
Old 06-20-2005, 06:45 PM
BPL

Todd,
I have the JWT spacer with stock pan and used 6qts. When I checked it came up to the low mark.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:43 PM
going deep

Damn Todd, that was a close call. Good to hear everything is okay though. I find with my APS oil pan, 5.5 qts is also the magic number when it comes to oil changes. I use to put 6 qts in during oil changes, but had a little bit of smoke too. That was probably the same symptom, but it went away as soon as I dropped it down to 5.5 qts.

Ernie
Old 06-20-2005, 10:15 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by BPL
Todd,
I have the JWT spacer with stock pan and used 6qts. When I checked it came up to the low mark.

good to know..thx!
Old 06-21-2005, 05:22 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

good to know..thx!

You had me very scared for a few moments yesterday. Don't do that again!!

60pass on the dyno..no smoke. Street testing...no smoke. Trip back to the airport no smoke. As soon as I leave....tons of smoke.

I knew we tuned it VERY conservatively near the trq peak....hehe

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 06-21-2005 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:11 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
You had me very scared for a few moments yesterday. Don't do that again!!

60pass on the dyno..no smoke. Street testing...no smoke. Trip back to the airport no smoke. As soon as I leave....tons of smoke.

I knew we tuned it VERY conservatively near the trq peak....hehe

go figure, the extra 2 quarts i added overfilled the capacity of the motor... ...j/k (only overfilled it 1/3 quart-the motor didn't like that)

it's hotter than two rats screwing in a wool sock out here lately...now today, i try to find the leak in my A/C...
Old 06-21-2005, 08:14 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

it's hotter than two rats screwing in a wool sock out here lately...now today, i try to find the leak in my A/C...
Tell me about it....during my stay, the 100F weather and zero humidity fryed a set of contact lenses..no joke. I had to toss them...I could barely see a thing!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:30 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

ohhhhh yeah, you read right...
Paxton Supercharged Viper (making an alleged 3 lbs of boost)...let me back up for a second here

So, Sharif and I finished eating a well deserved dinner after a long day of troubleshooting and successful tuning... I had suggested that we go drive around the known spots in town where street races run rampant...
We were a bit disapointed with what tried to come our way for the challenge...a bit insulted at that...
we were challenged by a beat to hell cobra- ate his lunch and continued on...we were revved at by several SRT4's, WRX's, various hondas, and other interesting conbinations of florescent lit/ shopping cart winged abberations of the car world....when......

we came upon a worthy oponent...a new (I don't know years, but Sharif was pretty convinced it was a newer model) Viper, definately sounded of an upgraded exhaust..and that was all that we could tell from our 4 car following distance.

So, we finally got next to the Viper at a light, we complimented the owner on a great choice in style and asked him what was done...he had exhaust, gears, and a Paxton Sipercharger..woh-stop everything---..this car is gonna be insane..we better back away...

I asked the guy if he wanted to run it, he warned me of how his car gets really squirly, so we followed to a road away from traffic...we rolled to 30mph and then hit it...through second gear we stayed side by side, third gear started to pull me ahead, and by 4th gear, i had almost a car length on him...we slowed down to safe speeds and gave our props and then headed home....the whole time, saying holy ****!!!, we just beat a supercharged viper!!!...the owner of the viper explained that his supercharged needed to be retuned (guessing with a different sized pully-as he was experiencing a loss in boost due to our altitude-as he apparently just moved here--another example of how altitude DOES INDEED affect boost!!!!!!!

To end this long ranting and raving session, I want to thank Brody (SPEEDLAB) for spending his entire day helping make this project Z a successful one...Sharif (forgedinternals) for flying in from North Carolina to combine his knowledge and talent with Brody to ensure a safe, conservative tune, and Chris from Dynoedge..for allowing me to tie up his dyno all day long...and being so easy going about hang ing around for such a long time!
So let's back up here. We have two customers, one of which we're forging his G35, and one of which is a guy i've known for a while. The guy I know has a Viper almost identical to the one you described oddly... Has black wheels, RSI built it, Paxton supercharged making 6 PSI.

Well these two guys come in today and we tell them the story as it sounds astonishing that there might be another black, Paxton supercharged Viper, w/ black wheels running around.

So to no ones surprise they say, ''Ya we raced that 350Z, the guy had just had some tuner from florida or somewhere come in, they just tuned the car, had Volk wheels etc, pulled him hard -- more than a few car lengths.'' Well we show them this thread. Maybe it was me, but I don't think they were too happy saying a 500 horse Z pulled a 700 horse Viper. The guy has 2 Vipers, the one in question, one being built to make 1200+ RWHP, a very unique Mustang w/ twins, a Hummer and so fourth, so I don't think he likes playing around and people saying that he got beat.

So all I wanna know is, whose telling the truth? He's comin' in tommorow, should we bring a Video camera?

We'll need it because the Viper we're talking about would burry a Z so far into the Earth, poor little car would neve see the light of day again.

Last edited by SpeedDreamTuner; 06-22-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

^^^SpeedDreams^^^

The driver told us he was only boosting 3psi due to altitude. We mentioned this in our orginal post. So probably making about 600whp, and a heavier car. Do you really think we fabricated this story??? I was sitting right next to Todd, and witnessed the whole thing. Todd won...no question...by 1/2 to 1 car length. There is no way that Viper pulled several cars...LOL...he is not telling the truth...or at least didnt want to admit it. I thought it was a fair race, since his car was not tuned for the altitude...there is no shame in that.

That said, when that gentlemen gets his car retuned, there is no doubt he will crush the 350Z....any 350Z. The 8psi Paxton Vipers make a conservatively tuned 770whp!

Best wishes...
Old 06-22-2005, 07:11 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

^^^SpeedDreams^^^

Do you really think we fabricated this story??? I was sitting right next to Todd, and witnessed the whole thing. Todd won...no question...by 1/2 to 1 car length.
Hey man, I know the car i'm talking about would crush Todd's car like a beer can. Nothing more nothing less. Maybe it's a different car Only way to find out is to race again, the Viper's game, are you?
Old 06-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by SpeedDreamTuner
Hey man, I know the car i'm talking about would crush Todd's car like a beer can. Nothing more nothing less. Maybe it's a different car Only way to find out is to race again, the Viper's game, are you?

It's not my car...you should ask Todd. Todd and I both know that an 8psi tuned Viper will kill the 350Z...so what would the point of that be?
Old 06-22-2005, 07:23 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

It's not my car...you should ask Todd. Todd and I both know that an 8psi tuned Viper will kill the 350Z...so what would the point of that be?

:shrug: We didn't tune the car since then, the car hasn't been touched. They said they beat you guys, even mentioned you Sharif, and the Volks. Somebody ain't tellin' the truth.

So I guess is Todd game, we'll bring the camera and host the video.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Does the owner you are are refering to, have a shaved head? This guy was white...and bald....is this the same person in question?
Old 06-22-2005, 07:35 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

He's bald but not white.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:35 PM
bullseye

The plot thickens...

Last edited by bullseye; 06-22-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

He's bald but not white.
What race is he? Maybe it was a different Paxton Viper.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:41 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

I would say hispanic.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I would say hispanic.
OK, maybe he was hispanic. His skin was lighter in complextion.

Sounds like the same person. Blacked out wheels, nasty exhaust.

Quick Reply: Tuned the car to supercharged viper killing status