Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Tuned the car to supercharged viper killing status

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:16 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup!

The blacked out wheels give it away... Was it a vert?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the record, the current Viper is 3200lbs wet weight. They are not heavy, and they have alot of power. However, they absolutely suck at putting the power to the ground. Usually if you see an S2k and Viper...the S2k will be in front the whole race. (autocross) (Sharif, this wasn't directed towards you, i've noticed quite a few people saying the Viper was heavy (and they also speculated that was why it was poor on the autox) lately and wanted to clear that up for those thinking the same, it's not about power:weight ratio, it's about how everything is integrated together )

Last edited by nis350ztt; 06-22-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Speed Dreams

I'm not surprised on the auto-x with the results, I considered one eight months ago and drove one around for an hour. It sure felt like its weight was 3,700lbs,in agressive power turns the car felt like a plow,front heavy pushing it's way through the turn. This was a new one so I didn't want to thrash on it too much but obviously a straight line muscle car for the most part. There is a learning curve with this car to make it go fast in the twisties from what I could do in the short time in it, power out and deal with the under steer
But i still want one in my stable....

Last edited by Speed Dreams; 06-22-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:06 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by SpeedDreamTuner
Hey man, I know the car i'm talking about would crush Todd's car like a beer can. Nothing more nothing less. Maybe it's a different car Only way to find out is to race again, the Viper's game, are you?

You have such a way with words...do you mean to come across like such a sweetheart EVERYTIME you add your two cents to one of these threads?
like Sharif said, this story was not made up...it seemed pretty clear that we were ahead in that race, not sure why that guy has a different story...

Maybe I got lucky?..I didn't expect to be able to keep up with a supercharged viper..i can't explain it, but i definately won THAT race...

will i run it again?...I'd love to...i may lose this time...i may win...it's all in fun...keeping up with a monster like that is impressive enough...

not too anxious to hang out with you though, as you don't appear to be all that cool of a person..but, hey, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I told you before, I'll bury the hatchet with our differences to have some fun with the viper...set it up and let me know
Old 06-22-2005, 11:11 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

[QUOTE=SpeedDreamTuner They said they beat you guys, even mentioned you Sharif, and the Volks. Somebody ain't tellin' the truth.

:[/QUOTE]

Who is the "they" in the sentence????
there was one guy driving, he seemed really cool before we ran and cool afterwards..I have a feeling that YOU are twisting this around and trying to stir some ****...come on littledreamer..is that what you are doing?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Speed Dreams

I'll let Joe know that tomorrow when he stops by.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Speed Dreams

read the thread man, his friend was there in his white G35 as I was told.
Remember: Two sides to this story right now, just want to know the truth on this race.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:22 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by Speed Dreams
I'll let Joe know that tomorrow when he stops by.
sounds good trip..
you should have my phone number..feel free to give it to him

it'll be fun!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:24 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Remember: Two sides to this story right now, just want to know the truth on this race.

i saw that g35...very sweet looking car!
yah, the race was close, like we said--1-1/2 car lengths...wasn't a "kill"...but sharif and i both knew that we won....maybe the "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear" can throw off anothers' perception

be happy to run it again!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:33 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

to add to the details of the night..

i saw the g35 on montgomery...he wasn't there for the race...

the viper driver was heading home, didn't have any intention of racing (i'm sure he assumed a Z would not be a challenge/or most any other car for that matter)...he only ran his car cause we talked to the guy...like i said he was a cool guy before and after the race...but he was the only witness to what happened...sharif and i were in my car...the g35 was nowhere near us (he must have gone home before we even pulled up next to him at a light and chatted)

just want to get the facts straight for you trip!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:13 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
For the record, the current Viper is 3200lbs wet weight. They are not heavy, and they have alot of power. However, they absolutely suck at putting the power to the ground. Usually if you see an S2k and Viper...the S2k will be in front the whole race. (autocross) (Sharif, this wasn't directed towards you, i've noticed quite a few people saying the Viper was heavy (and they also speculated that was why it was poor on the autox) lately and wanted to clear that up for those thinking the same, it's not about power:weight ratio, it's about how everything is integrated together )

The Viper's curb measured weight is more than 3200lbs....especially with that Paxton Blower and accessories. The stats I see show 3400lbs weight, and then toss in 50-100lbs for the Supercharger. Really need to get both cars on a scale, and measure them wet, to get an idea...but I still feel the Viper is a heavier car, by at least a few lbs. :d

Specifications SRT/10

Performance
0-60 4.0 seconds
0-100 9.3 seconds
0-1/4 mile 12.0 seconds
Top Speed: 195 MPH
Engine
V10
Horsepower:500 @ 5600 RPM
Torque: 500 ft-lb @ 4600 RPM
Dimensions
Length: 175.5 in.
Width: 84.8 in.
Height: 47.6 in.
Weight: 3400 lbs.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Jaki

Sounds to me like the guy in the Viper might've retuned his car so it can run better at that altitude, and now he's out for some revenge and they are just trying to set you up now. The reason I say this is because he said he just moved here (in Todd's original post) and that the altitude was messing up his boost, so then he visits a tuner shop (speed dreams... speedreams is a tuner shop, right? or did I just misinterpret that?) and all of a sudden he wants to race you again. Sound slike a set up to me...

No matter what the outcome, I'd still love to see the video.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:32 AM
SpeedDreamTuner

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
EVERYTIME you add your two cents to one of these threads? not too anxious to hang out with you though, as you don't appear to be all that cool of a person..but, hey, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I told you before, I'll bury the hatchet with our differences to have some fun with the viper...set it up and let me know
Who said anything about hanging out? It's a RACE
Old 06-23-2005, 06:48 AM
SpeedDreamTuner

Originally Posted by Jaki
Sounds to me like the guy in the Viper might've retuned his car so it can run better at that altitude, and now he's out for some revenge and they are just trying to set you up now. The reason I say this is because he said he just moved here (in Todd's original post) and that the altitude was messing up his boost, so then he visits a tuner shop (speed dreams... speedreams is a tuner shop, right? or did I just misinterpret that?) and all of a sudden he wants to race you again. Sound slike a set up to me...

No matter what the outcome, I'd still love to see the video.

No we haven't touched the car.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:00 AM
AdamDC

I'm not trying to jump in too much, but if you didn't touch the car, why was he hanging out at your shop? He just moved to the area, are you guys old friends?

Do people just go hang out at speed shops? They might, I don't, but some people might.

I just see some inconsistencies.

PS - A lot of these threads are getting too Fast and Furious, I will crush you like a beer can. See you at race wars in the desert!!!

Why can't people just appreciate some one else's car?

Last edited by AdamDC; 06-23-2005 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:10 AM
SpeedDreamTuner

His freind has the G we're building. We were going over some ideas, and actually, I think he was looking at some rims for another vehicle. Both of them usually come in, they're freinds

The Viper owner did not just move here. He's been here as long as I have, and i've known him and seen him around all the racing venues around town for five or more years.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Rapheal

We'll need it because the Viper we're talking about would burry a Z so far into the Earth, poor little car would neve see the light of day again.

Hey man, I know the car i'm talking about would crush Todd's car like a beer can. Nothing more nothing less. Maybe it's a different car Only way to find out is to race again, the Viper's game, are you?

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
will i run it again?...I'd love to...i may lose this time...i may win...it's all in fun...keeping up with a monster like that is impressive enough...

not too anxious to hang out with you though, as you don't appear to be all that cool of a person..but, hey, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I told you before, I'll bury the hatchet with our differences to have some fun with the viper...set it up and let me know
Nice to know that there is people who still know what "street racing" is all about

Last edited by Rapheal; 06-23-2005 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:15 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Who said anything about hanging out? It's a RACE

to my knowledge as well, that same viper got spanked by a turboed integra a while back...

so, we dont have to hold hands?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:37 AM
703z

i dunno what it is, but ive read a few turbo threads today, mostly because im researching on turbonetics install and this "speedDream" people have been bashing and acting unprofessional for a shop. Always bashing 350zbcalb, they even tried to start a fight with mia in a thread. seems like theres some hatred between them and 350zbcalb and i wouldnt be surprised if "speeddream" is changing the story around a bit.

Last edited by 703z; 06-23-2005 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:59 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Thumbs down speednightmare

Originally Posted by 703z
i dunno what it is, but ive read a few turbo threads today, mostly because im researching on turbonetics install and this "speedDream" people have been bashing and acting unprofessional for a shop. Always bashing 350zbcalb, they even tried to start a fight with mia in a thread. seems like theres some hatred between them and 350zbcalb and i wouldnt be surprised if "speeddream" is changing the story around a bit.
glad somebody else said it first...it really is lame, I, for the record, just want to enjoy my car, learn from you other guys, and help out whenever I can...I get PM's and e-mails daily with questions regarding car related issues...I am happy to help- I have sent out dozens of e-mails of spreadsheets and research that I have compiled to successfully build a forged internalled VQ...I will continue to do this, it just sucks that some people have to be so negative

This is the best 350z forum there is and I've met some good friends on this forum: Ernie, Sharif, Charles, etc...(I want to continue contributing, but I really can't stand the bullsh!t)

So, again...PLEASE- if you don't have anything positive to add...just read and don't interject

But, also, for the record...I will be glad to run the supercharged viper anytime!!!...like I said before, I may lose, or I may win (that would be great after all this back and forth bickering if I pulled a car length again )

Quick Reply: Tuned the car to supercharged viper killing status