Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Holly Crap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:05 AM
1 2 NV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I am say is simple. The number 445 according to the dyno chart is the power at the crank shaft.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:40 AM
symalik

it has to be 445rwhp
Old 08-01-2005, 10:41 AM
mrtomcat

LOL, I have another sheet at the wheels that states 379 hp but it also says 838 ft/tq(don't know the exact number behind the 8) ...

What Christian (brainstorm) told me the true wheel is somewhere in between that's why they want me to go to a Dynojet place. It has to do with the way their dyno functions...

kinda funny I was wondering when someone would start bringing this up

Bottomline though is that the car put out more HP than any of the other APS TT's installed and tuned at Brainstorm and since I know what some of those are doing at the track I am very happy
Old 08-01-2005, 11:40 AM
backagain

but you don't have 445 wheel hp. right...
Old 08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
1 2 NV

I dont meen to get into a pissing match here but why would you put this dyno chart up and let every one compliment you and your car and not say anything till someone realized that it said power at the engine? And what is the deal about the guy at brainstorm saying that your horsepower is somewhere in between? That sounds like a guess to me. So basically you paid for a dyno so smoeone could tell you that you have some where between 379 and 445 whp??? That doesn't make much sense. Hell I could of guessed how much horse power you had. And if the torque number came back as 838 ft/lbs that should tell you that the dyno or something is not right. I dont know, something just seems fishy with this whole thing.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:08 PM
mrtomcat

It says it right on top of the Sheet, I never stated it was to the wheels, I gave a review and posted the pic.
I was curious how long it would take for the haters to arrive...it wasn't long
As I said right in the beginning I'm going to go to a Dynojet and get another run that should give more of an answer. It put down 445 hp which is a good number even if it only were at the flywheel (which it isn't)
I don't know much about Dynos and actually I couldn't care less as long as the performance is there.
We'll see how I do at the track, that's the only thing that matters to me. The rest is just show
Old 08-01-2005, 12:13 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

I still hate you!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 12:15 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by ADMAN
I still hate you!!!
lol
Old 08-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
It says it right on top of the Sheet, I never stated it was to the wheels, I gave a review and posted the pic.
As I said right in the beginning I'm going to go to a Dynojet and get another run that should give more of an answer. It put down 445 hp which is a good number even if it only were at the flywheel (which it isn't)
I don't know much about Dynos and actually I couldn't care less as long as the performance is there.
We'll see how I do at the track, that's the only thing that matters to me. The rest is just show

I don't think anyone is hating, just that several dyno sheets have been posted before where it says to the crank and the replys have been, "that's just what the sheet says, it is to the wheels." Even though it clearly states it you can understand the confusion, yes? Anyway congrats and enjoy the car.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:31 PM
1 2 NV

mrtomcat, Look you have a awsome car with some real nice mods, a sweet APS TT kit and everything else. Nobody is hatin. What I asked is why. There were numerous people on here that assumed that was whp. Why else do people go to dynos? Not to get the numbers at the crank There is a post on here that even says "wow 445whp!!" I noticed you didn't correct that person and explain the whole thing. I just dynoed my car also. I have 361WHP and 380 ft/lbs. I guess I could of got on here and added 18-20% more and said " Holly crap!!! I just dynoed my car and here are my numbers 426-433hp and 448-456 ft/lbs!! But I dont need to deceive people into thinking I have more than I really do. But hey what ever helps you sleep at night I guess. Like I said I dont want to turn this into a mud flinger and I hope you do end up with 445WHP but dont be deceiving in the process.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:34 PM
backagain

Originally Posted by 1 2 NV
mrtomcat, Look you have a awsome car with some real nice mods, a sweet APS TT kit and everything else. Nobody is hatin. What I asked is why. There were numerous people on here that assumed that was whp. Why else do people go to dynos? Not to get the numbers at the crank There is a post on here that even says "wow 445whp!!" I noticed you didn't correct that person and explain the whole thing. I just dynoed my car also. I have 361WHP and 380 ft/lbs. I guess I could of got on here and added 18-20% more and said " Holly crap!!! I just dynoed my car and here are my numbers 426-433hp and 448-456 ft/lbs!! But I dont need to deceive people into thinking I have more than I really do. But hey what ever helps you sleep at night I guess. Like I said I dont want to turn this into a mud flinger and I hope you do end up with 445WHP but dont be deceiving in the process.

+1. did sound very deceiving.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:05 PM
NOBI

i hate you too, and if chris was impressed, as well as ed, you put down at least as much as their 430 hp coupe... dont pay any attention to these guys, its not like getting that much hp is hard now, especially when APS releases their boost controller. lol once again congrats.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:34 PM
mrtomcat

The reason I did not correct the other guy is because I simply don't know if it's true or not. Maybe if the Brainstorm guys have a chance they can explain how their dyno works.
Almost every post I have seen from JWT TT for example is at the Flywheel...
I was in no way deceiving. The first thing on the sheet says ENGINE...how is that deceiving?
Let's see what the other dyno will say and leave it at this for now.

Last edited by mrtomcat; 08-01-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:12 PM
1 2 NV

The reason I did not correct the other guy is because I simply don't know if it's true or not. Maybe if the Brainstorm guys have a chance they can explain how their dyno works.
Almost every post I have seen from JWT TT for example is at the Flywheel...
I was in no way deceiving. The first thing on the sheet says ENGINE...how is that deceiving?
Let's see what the other dyno will say and leave it at this for now.

Fair enough, I and I am sure alot of other people will be patiently waiting to see the SAE corrected whp numbers. Good luck!
Old 08-01-2005, 02:35 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fair enough, I and I am sure alot of other people will be patiently waiting to see the SAE corrected whp numbers. Good luck!

There are PLENTY of SAE corrected RWHP numbers for APS TT'd 350Zs on this forum..and most of them are over 400.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:36 PM
1 2 NV

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
There are PLENTY of SAE corrected RWHP numbers for APS TT'd 350Zs on this forum..and most of them are over 400.
Whats your point?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:00 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Whats your point?
They way you type it sounds like you think that a bolted on APS TT kit isn't capable of that kind of power output...when in fact it is.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:01 PM
backagain

it is possible for that kind of power with the aps twins and his other mods . can't wait to see what another dyno shows . keep us updated.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:44 PM
1 2 NV

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
They way you type it sounds like you think that a bolted on APS TT kit isn't capable of that kind of power output...when in fact it is.
No, I didn't mean for it to sound like that. My whole point is the dyno that has been done is pretty pointless. I mean we are talking about the numbers being somewhere between 379 and 445. We are looking at almost 70 whp difference!! And just because other cars have done it doesn't mean a thing. Wait till you go on a dyno that works right. I am sure he is going to have awsome numbers but we will have to wait and see. There was obviously something wrong when you get a reading of 838 ft/lbs. Only time will tell.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:14 PM
weslutes

I thought Brainstorm uses a load base dyno which produces lower #'s than a dynojet.
Your car may have had the highest stock block #'s.
My friend(has a PE TT 350Z) & I will cruise up there when we're done with our builds.
I'd like to contribute to the Z community,but I have a G35.

Quick Reply: Holly Crap!!!