Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

DID ANY ONE TRY SGP Racing Upgraded Valve Body for the Nissan 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 10:09 AM
blackend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DID ANY ONE TRY SGP Racing Upgraded Valve Body for the Nissan 350Z?

DID ANY ONE TRY SGP Racing Upgraded Valve Body for the Nissan 350Z?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:07 PM
g8tor20

I havent heard either. I have heard the Stillen and Level 10 aren't worth it. I know of a few others wanting to do the valve body. Maybe we can get together and get a group discount. I'll email them and see....
Old 08-04-2005, 05:20 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe Kyle will see this and reply
Old 08-04-2005, 07:04 PM
SungNamZ

I was told that the work is not done in-house
Old 08-05-2005, 05:47 AM
ImportPartsPro
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
I was told that the work is not done in-house
Correct. We are working with a company now to make a valve body and clutch packs that will be 100% better then what is out on the market right now. I will let everyone know as soon as testing is finished.

I will say this....it will make the Stillen and Level 10 valve bodies look like a joke
Old 08-05-2005, 05:56 AM
BluZee

Originally Posted by Kyle(Houston)
Correct. We are working with a company now to make a valve body and clutch packs that will be 100% better then what is out on the market right now. I will let everyone know as soon as testing is finished.

I will say this....it will make the Stillen and Level 10 valve bodies look like a joke
Im very interested in this. Id rather deal with a shop here in Texas than somewhere else out of state. Please give us some more info when you can.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:50 AM
mcderns

Kyle- What about rebuilding and beefing up the manual trannies? Do you guys do any of that?
Old 08-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Glad to hear this is in the works!!
Old 08-05-2005, 01:50 PM
nitrous350

Im very interested in this
so how soon this product in street????
Old 08-05-2005, 04:37 PM
SungNamZ

Keep me posted Kyle! Glad I was "Correct" with my post. Glad I could remember our previous conversation.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:49 PM
SSR Engineering

I'll bet that your working with mobiletek
Old 08-05-2005, 08:47 PM
zzzya

For those of us who did purchase from Level 10 or Stillen, would we still be able to upgrade our valve body with you? I am pissed I wasted a fair amount of money, but **** happens.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:08 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally Posted by zzzya
For those of us who did purchase from Level 10 or Stillen, would we still be able to upgrade our valve body with you? I am pissed I wasted a fair amount of money, but **** happens.
I think you should look into how a valve body modification works... If you understand it better you might sway your opinion.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:29 PM
AmyCroft

Thumbs down Could you Clarify what you Said to The Drugist

Originally Posted by SSR Engineering
I think you should look into how a valve body modification works... If you understand it better you might sway your opinion.
Like I'm suppost to be criptic - But could you acctually say something. Rather than Say..

Like Hun - What ??

Cheers Amy -
Old 08-05-2005, 11:50 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally Posted by AmyCroft
Like I'm suppost to be criptic - But could you acctually say something. Rather than Say..

Like Hun - What ??

Cheers Amy -

All a valvebody modification does is allow for higher line pressure, meaning you don't have to pay an outrageous price to get higher line pressure. There's a way to do it with your stock Valvebody, no downtime / lead-time. I've been doing it in Nissans for years, in the new 3.5 Maximas and Altimas there's a switch you can unplug and get to 100% line pressure (problem solved and you saved how much money?) However it's at the cost of throwing a check engine light, and having the uncomfortable feel of firm hard shifts. Which can be somewhat countered by integrated a full-throttle shift so that it only ran at 100% line pressure only when you wanted it too.

I'll try to find out more information on where the switch is located in the 350z , for those of you that want to try it you can compare a stock valvebody at 100% line pressure vs a modified "upgraded" valvebody and see that the difference is slim to none.

Last edited by SSR Engineering; 08-05-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:34 AM
booger

All a valvebody modification does is allow for higher line pressure, meaning you don't have to pay an outrageous price to get higher line pressure. There's a way to do it with your stock Valvebody, no downtime / lead-time. I've been doing it in Nissans for years, in the new 3.5 Maximas and Altimas there's a switch you can unplug and get to 100% line pressure (problem solved and you saved how much money?) However it's at the cost of throwing a check engine light, and having the uncomfortable feel of firm hard shifts. Which can be somewhat countered by integrated a full-throttle shift so that it only ran at 100% line pressure only when you wanted it too.

I'll try to find out more information on where the switch is located in the 350z , for those of you that want to try it you can compare a stock valvebody at 100% line pressure vs a modified "upgraded" valvebody and see that the difference is slim to none.

This would be good if the 350z and g35 have that switch you talk about .Let us know if you find it . You could hook it up so it only switches off at WOT . Half throttle or more maybe better ...but dont know if thats doable
Old 08-06-2005, 04:52 AM
KPierson
Banned

Anythings doable, especially since our throttle is electronic. You can easily set anything up to turn on at ANY throttle position you want with a simple a/d converter and some other hardware
Old 08-06-2005, 06:03 AM
ImportPartsPro
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are doing much more then just upping the line pressure. We are changing the shift solenoids to make it shift faster to keep it off the rev limiter. If just upping the pressure worked the Stillen and Level 10 valve bodies would work

There are several members with those valve bodies and they do not work for anything over about 425 Rwhp. We have been doing testing on a TT car that had the Stillen Valve body before and it is a night and day difference

I should have pricing and availability on the valve body and new clutch packs within a month.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:09 AM
ronnie0738
boost ownz ju

sounds great! keep us posted on your progress
Old 08-06-2005, 06:40 AM
jlimquest

Approximately how much would this valve body upgrade cost? What would the turnaround be?
Thanks

Quick Reply: DID ANY ONE TRY SGP Racing Upgraded Valve Body for the Nissan 350Z?