Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics standard reflash with 440cc injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Phatmitzu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turbonetics standard reflash with 440cc injectors?

Car is going into the shop next week or so for the Turbonetics install.

One question. I have the RC 440's from a GReddy Turbo kit and is planning on upgrading the 380's that comes with the Tnetics to it.

Would I able to drive with the 440's on with Tnetics standard 380cc reflash for like...an hour?

The reason being I will have the emanage installed and ready for dyno tune at SP Engineering...but the problem is I have to drive there. Its like a 35 mins drive.

Or should I have Tnetics reflash the ECU to a larger size injectors(550's?) and use the emanage to scale it down back to the 440's by SP. But will I be able to drive with an over size reflash?

The install shop does not do tuning.

Thanks,

Old 08-11-2005, 09:14 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
Car is going into the shop next week or so for the Turbonetics install.

One question. Im have the RC 440's from a GReddy Turbo kit and are planning on upgrade the 380's that comes with the Tnetics.
Would I able to drive with the 440's on with Tnetics standard 380cc reflash for like...an hour?

The reason being I will have the emanage installed and ready for dyno tune at SP Engineering...but the problem is I have to drive there. Its like a 35 mins drive.

Or should I have Tnetics reflash the ECU to a larger size injectors(550's?) and use the emanage to scale it down back to the 440's by SP. But will I be able to drive with an over size reflash?

The install shop does not do tuning.

Thanks,

I would say yes that is shold work albeit you are going to be RIDICULOUS rich but its tough to tell someone to do that and have them mess something up. If its only a 35 minute drive how bout trailoring the car to the other shop? If you have AAA you get a few free tows a year. If not it shouldn't cost more then $100. Certainly cheaper then messing something up....
Old 08-12-2005, 05:24 AM
taurran

Hey Phatmitzu, are those Nismo headers staying in?
Old 08-12-2005, 05:36 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

For some reason I thought your TNetics was already installed.
I'm gonna do larger injectors with the eManage Ultimate soon also. Decided to do an out-of-the-box install first because my installer does not tune either. Car should be done today (woohoo!).
I will be very interested to see what you decide on and how the emanage works out for you. I'm planning on getting a reflash first though.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:09 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally Posted by taurran
Hey Phatmitzu, are those Nismo headers staying in?
Yup. I can see how the stock headers helps the turbo spool up, but I would assume to have better flow manifolds will help on the high-end HP. The main reason why many turbochanged cars get their exhaust manifolds ported.

Originally Posted by 35ounces
For some reason I thought your TNetics was already installed.
I'm gonna do larger injectors with the eManage Ultimate soon also. Decided to do an out-of-the-box install first because my installer does not tune either. Car should be done today (woohoo!).
I will be very interested to see what you decide on and how the emanage works out for you. I'm planning on getting a reflash first though.
NICE!
Yeah supposedly I would already have it installed, but thats before I wracked my car on Angels Crest 6 weeks ago, just right before the turbo came in! ...the car is not out of the shop yet. The T-netics been sitting in my garage for the past 4 weeks. Poor turbo...poor me!
Old 08-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I would say yes that is shold work albeit you are going to be RIDICULOUS rich but its tough to tell someone to do that and have them mess something up. If its only a 35 minute drive how bout trailoring the car to the other shop? If you have AAA you get a few free tows a year. If not it shouldn't cost more then $100. Certainly cheaper then messing something up....
Interesting. I think you're right about just getting towed there. Gonna go upgrade my AAA this weekend to the 100 free miles.

But should I have Tnetics reflash the ECU to a larger size injectors(550's?) and use the emanage to scale it down back to the 440's by SP? I remember an old thread by Sharif saying something about reflash to the larger size then scale it back down with the emanage to prevent some kind of spike?
Old 08-12-2005, 08:34 AM
MIAPLAYA

Interesting. I think you're right about just getting towed there. Gonna go upgrade my AAA this weekend to the 100 free miles.

But should I have Tnetics reflash the ECU to a larger size injectors(550's?) and use the emanage to scale it down back to the 440's by SP? I remember an old thread by Sharif saying something about reflash to the larger size then scale it back down with the emanage to prevent some kind of spike?
Eh... I would rather add fuel then pull it. If they flash it for 550CC the car is going to run lean until you tune it with the emanege. 380cc flash and then tune is the way I would do it...
Old 08-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Phatmitzu

Eh... I would rather add fuel then pull it. If they flash it for 550CC the car is going to run lean until you tune it with the emanege. 380cc flash and then tune is the way I would do it...
Yes. But from what I just learned the blue emanage is good at "richen" fuel, but not at "leaning" fuel. Thus to reflash to the 550cc while using the 440cc injector works better? by using the emanage blue to richen the fuel...

...currently I dont have money for emanage ultimate, which works well both ways. Richen and leaning.

Sharif, where r you?!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharif, where r you?!

Here I am!

Mark, dont worry. You will be fine to drive your car with a 380cc reflash and 440cc injectors for a short time. Beleive it or not, at idle and cruise, the ECU will adapt to 14.7:1 if you have a newer OEM wideband car.

Now, if you give it more than 1/4 throttle, it goes pig rich, so just gently cruise over to the shop and all will be good.

For reference, I ran a set of 550cc injectors without an eManage scaling or ECU reflash, and the car started right up and idled perfectly. Of course, anything more than 1/8 throttle and the car fell on it's face.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:51 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Here I am!

Mark, dont worry. You will be fine to drive your car with a 380cc reflash and 440cc injectors for a short time. Beleive it or not, at idle and cruise, the ECU will adapt to 14.7:1 if you have a newer OEM wideband car.

Now, if you give it more than 1/4 throttle, it goes pig rich, so just gently cruise over to the shop and all will be good.

For reference, I ran a set of 550cc injectors without an eManage scaling or ECU reflash, and the car started right up and idled perfectly. Of course, anything more than 1/8 throttle and the car fell on it's face.
Exactly.....With 440cc injectors in with 380cc flash you are going to run pretty frekaing rich...and I understand what you are saying about pulling fuel rather then adding fuel....However I would just be worried about the ECU running retarded lean until you tune it. After all it thinks you have 550ccs in there. I thought the Emanage blue could pull fuel just as well as adding is this not correct? I thought the timing was the one it couldn't add well.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I think the issue that Mark has to drive the untuned car to SP Engineering. The shop is doing the eManage install for him, so he cant pull any fuel until its installed.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:14 AM
MIAPLAYA

I think the issue that Mark has to drive the untuned car to SP Engineering. The shop is doing the eManage install for him, so he cant pull any fuel until its installed.
True however he was wanting to have them flash the ECU for 550cc injectors with only 440s in there. This is going to cause the car to run lean until he can add the emanage and add more fuel back in...this is NOT what I would want to do. If he gets the flash done for 380cc injectors and runs 440cc the car will run rich which is way better then lean and then he can pull fuel later via emanage...
Old 08-12-2005, 09:16 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

They can not flash for 440cc injectors ???
Old 08-12-2005, 09:18 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by 35ounces
They can not flash for 440cc injectors ???
I'm sure Technosquare could do it although I don't think Turbonetics has tried 440s yet. I know they are working on one for 550s but not 440s. In this case the standard flash is the way I would go. You can then substract fuel via the e manage where needed as the diffrence between 440s and 380s is not that great.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Phatmitzu

Alright, good deal. Thanks for ya'll helps.

I think I will go with the standard 380 flash then tune it down with the emanage.

If anyone thinks I should go any other way, feel free to give me some pointers.

Im learning as I go...

Old 08-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

True however he was wanting to have them flash the ECU for 550cc injectors with only 440s in there. This is going to cause the car to run lean until he can add the emanage and add more fuel back in...this is NOT what I would want to do. If he gets the flash done for 380cc injectors and runs 440cc the car will run rich which is way better then lean and then he can pull fuel later via emanage...

Right, but my point was that he should leave the 380cc standard reflash in place. Which I think is what you are saying as well...so I guess we are saying the same things...haha!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:09 AM
MIAPLAYA

Right, but my point was that he should leave the 380cc standard reflash in place. Which I think is what you are saying as well...so I guess we are saying the same things...haha!
Absolutely...
Old 08-12-2005, 02:37 PM
booger

Here I am!

Thats exactly what I found , till I got the 550's scaled right . It would run fine untill you try to go more than 1/4 throttle . The back of my car was black from soot and ended up ruining my O2 sensor for my wideband