Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

NEED good so.cal shop to install turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Ant830

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NEED good so.cal shop to install turbo

I'm really leaning towards the Greddy TT kit but no one wants to raise it past stock boost on stock internals....i know there's plenty of guys out there running ~8 lbs on stock internals w/ no problems. I asked 4myride in ontario and street image and both said anything past 5.6 they won't be able to warranty and more than likely will blow my engine....My goal is to be close to ~400rwhp with the greddy kit + my crawford plenum + hf cats+ exhaust...
I'm to the point where I just don't wanna go TT or single at all...
If nobody wants to do the greddy I'm still open to the turbonetics kit that hasn't come out yet....anyways, can someone give me some shops around here in so cal that WILL warranty a greddy kit at 8 lbs or so? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Anthony
Old 09-06-2005, 08:40 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Ant830
I'm really leaning towards the Greddy TT kit but no one wants to raise it past stock boost on stock internals....i know there's plenty of guys out there running ~8 lbs on stock internals w/ no problems. I asked 4myride in ontario and street image and both said anything past 5.6 they won't be able to warranty and more than likely will blow my engine....My goal is to be close to ~400rwhp with the greddy kit + my crawford plenum + hf cats+ exhaust...
I'm to the point where I just don't wanna go TT or single at all...
If nobody wants to do the greddy I'm still open to the turbonetics kit that hasn't come out yet....anyways, can someone give me some shops around here in so cal that WILL warranty a greddy kit at 8 lbs or so? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Anthony
First of all, you won't find a single shop out there that will "warranty" any kind of installed FI application on this car. If you take the car out and blow your motor it's your own fault, not whoever installed and tuned it.

Pushing the greddy kit to 8psi on the stock motor can be done, but the shop needs to be very confident and experienced tuning these cars with the emanage blue. If anything, you might look at the Technosquare ECU reflash for the greddy kit that has been proven relatively safe on the stock motor.

As far as the Turbonetics ST kit... It's been out for a good 4-6 months now. Try searching on the forums for the huge amounts of information available on it.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Art, Street Image is a great shop for the install. You can always have it installed at one location, and then tuned elsewhere.

Another couple places to check are GT Motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga, and SP Engineering. All do quality work.

I lived in Los Angeles for over a decade, in case you were wondering how a dude in Charlotte NC would know this.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is there a Shop In Huntington Beach that does Dyno tuning on the Turbo's I think it is called Axis or excess tuning or something like that??
Old 09-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Ant830

Thanks fellas....sorry for the confusion but i have a G35C not a 350...Do you guys think it would just be smarter to wait it out a few more months and get the rods and pistons and up the boost? Or do you think the kit + the technosquare flash on stock internals is safe enough? Also with the flash what else would I need other than a SS fuel return, fuel pump(s)?, and obviously a Boost controller?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed 718
is there a Shop In Huntington Beach that does Dyno tuning on the Turbo's I think it is called Axis or excess tuning or something like that??
XS Engineering.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
XS Engineering.
Ahh That's the one Sharif...good to see you still posting bud. The SoCal crew misses ya...
Old 09-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Ant830

Pondering going all the way down to GT, which is like 23 miles from here...SP isn't too far from me either...hmmmm
Old 09-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks fellas....sorry for the confusion but i have a G35C not a 350...Do you guys think it would just be smarter to wait it out a few more months and get the rods and pistons and up the boost? Or do you think the kit + the technosquare flash on stock internals is safe enough? Also with the flash what else would I need other than a SS fuel return, fuel pump(s)?, and obviously a Boost controller?
Just reinforce the bottom end as well. If you are going to do something, do it right to save you from what is bound to happen on stock internals if you boost her up!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Ant830

when you say bottom end you mean the rods and pistons correct? I might just save up for a few more months and do that if that's the case. I know I could run more than 8 lbs if i do rods/pistons anyways.
Thanks
Old 09-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
First of all, you won't find a single shop out there that will "warranty" any kind of installed FI application on this car. If you take the car out and blow your motor it's your own fault, not whoever installed and tuned it.
(except Stillen's Supercharger with the optional $200 motor warranty)
Old 09-07-2005, 06:29 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
(except Stillen's Supercharger with the optional $200 motor warranty)
His goal is 400whp. Stillen is not an option.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Ant830

Taurran how do you like the Turbonetics kit? I think ultimately that would be a lot cheaper route considering I wouldn't have to buy much more for the kit to work fine...With the TN kit, plenum, and a custom exhaust do you think I'll be in the high 300's to the wheels? And more importantly, will my engine be safe at the stock boost (8 lbs) and stock internals?
Thanks
Old 09-07-2005, 10:47 AM
MIAPLAYA

Taurran how do you like the Turbonetics kit? I think ultimately that would be a lot cheaper route considering I wouldn't have to buy much more for the kit to work fine...With the TN kit, plenum, and a custom exhaust do you think I'll be in the high 300's to the wheels? And more importantly, will my engine be safe at the stock boost (8 lbs) and stock internals?
Thanks
I've got 10k miles now on my car since the Turbonetics kit was installed. No issues to date. I run 8 PSI every day and my car has probably been subjected to more abuse then any other car with this kit on it. Still there have been no issues. At 8 PSI my car makes about 380 RWHp. At 9 PSI look for 390 RWHP. Laww another member here with this kit a plenum spacer and exhaust is making 390 RWHP at 8 PSI...
Old 09-07-2005, 12:09 PM
mrtomcat

Brainstorm is by far the best place I've seen....however I'm not sure if they do Greddy's since they are an APS shop....which btw is set at 8 psi and gets you over 400whp easy...with no blown motors so far...which in my opionion is the closest to a Warranty you can get on FI and if you don't tune it yourself it makes even more sense to go APS

Stay away from XS Engineering they ripped off two of my friends and their products keep on breaking. In addition they lied to me several times. I hate that place
Old 09-07-2005, 12:31 PM
narkotic

Goto brainstorm.. you'll pay a premium but they will get the job done right. Great group of guys there. If you call them, talk to Chris, tell him Pete w/ the G35 sent you. They are way up in LA, but this is your car we're talking about here. Don't skimp ESPECIALLY w/ that kit.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:58 PM
barthelb
Master

APS is an excellent kit, and I wouldn't go another route. I have 16 thousand miles on my Turbo kit and 44k total, and I beat the **** out of it all the time. ALL THE TIME. I run 8.5 psi and when its cold out I get as high as 11psi. Fortunately no problems.

I would say build it if you got the money and don't want any downtime. Otherwise install it and run it til your motor goes or you decide you want more.

I've heard the Turbonetics is a good kit, I haven't seen anyone with one around here just the APS and Greddy. I would avoid the Greddy if I were you. Just go the proven route.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:31 PM
taurran

Thanks
Ditto on what MIAPLAYA said.

I coudln't be happier with the kit. The only thing I would change is I would have never messed with the aftermarket headers with it. Install it with the stock manifolds and it should perform flawlessly.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:33 PM
jdx911

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Hey Art, Street Image is a great shop for the install. You can always have it installed at one location, and then tuned elsewhere.

Another couple places to check are GT Motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga, and SP Engineering. All do quality work.

I lived in Los Angeles for over a decade, in case you were wondering how a dude in Charlotte NC would know this.

+1

Had my work done at GT Motorsports. Quaility work, great customer service and minimal downtime.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:24 PM
mrtomcat

One more point:

Since you are in California, the APS kit will receive CARB EO (hopefully before the year is up) the Turbonetics won't because it's a single turbo and the Greddy...well, I guess they put in some paperwork so they might get there as well eventually...

Bottomline if in Cali and you're not a tuner: APS TT installed at Brainstorm...

Quick Reply: NEED good so.cal shop to install turbo