Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

VRT - Z Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 06:46 AM
BoOsTedz33TT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vision619
Out of curiosity what do you base this theory off of? We can't post prices because every job we do is so custom there would be no way to post a specific price. For instance, you might get a better deal on an AP Racing kit if you go with a full engine build. I would be more leery of shops that post prices. I guarantee when you walk in that shop YOU WILL NOT PAY what you saw on their website. There are just too many variables.
if i wanted a built stroker block, i can go online and find the price, if i want a built block i can look it up online find the price, everything you offer people are able to buy online, im just wondering if you and a customer were making a deal, and you said we want "x" amount of cash. and he said no and starts walking out, would you say ok we can do it for this much cheaper? So whats so custom? a turbo kit, return system, built motor, ecu, and tuning....wow you cant post how much that would cost, I got to email you for a quote. I mean you could put 3 different builds of block's for a price, a certain turbo kit for this price, different fuel return systems for a certain price, and what kind of ecu, HKS vpro, greddy ult, unichip, or a reflash for a certain price, then charge for labor, and say about how many hours it will take....simple
Old 09-19-2005, 06:50 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by BoOsTedz33TT
if i wanted a built stroker block, i can go online and find the price, if i want a built block i can look it up online find the price, everything you offer people are able to buy online, im just wondering if you and a customer were making a deal, and you said we want "x" amount of cash. and he said no and starts walking out, would you say ok we can do it for this much cheaper? So whats so custom? a turbo kit, return system, built motor, ecu, and tuning....wow you cant post how much that would cost, I got to email you for a quote. I mean you could put 3 different builds of block's for a price, a certain turbo kit for this price, different fuel return systems for a certain price, and what kind of ecu, HKS vpro, greddy ult, unichip, or a reflash for a certain price, then charge for labor, and say about how many hours it will take....simple
If your looking for a quote, feel free to fill out the appropriate form on our website.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:52 AM
BoOsTedz33TT

If your looking for a quote, feel free to fill out the appropriate form on our website.

Thanks!
sorry dude, jotech is the only people that i would ever let touch my car
Old 09-19-2005, 11:22 AM
VRT
Banned

Originally Posted by weslutes
What kind of dyno do you use?
What engine management do you guys have experience with?
What other tools and guages do you use to tune?
The only one of these questions we are allowed to answer is about the dyno. Most of our runs are on various dynojets.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:55 PM
vision619

sorry dude, jotech is the only people that i would ever let touch my car
I would stick with them then since they know your car. Like I mentioned in another post, I only let one guy touch my car and one guy only (What's up Mark!). He's done every single upgrade on my car except for the stereo components.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:13 PM
jawbone

so they know what, two things....they build great cars or are a total rip off, look at there site, they wont even give you a price, unless you email them, to me its a bunch of guys, plotting to get rich, and overcharge people for labor,
if you in texas and want a built motor that will make 600hp go to www.jotechracing.com or www.sgpracing.com they are the best, grd included if you in illinoise...TOP TUNERS
maybe they know where all the dreamworkes superchargers went...
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=dreamworkes
Old 09-28-2005, 07:54 AM
ChicagoX

The administrators have asked us (in a PM) to not to get too specif in terms of info on our products (especially our website) until we become a sponsor. We've sent 2 inquiries to 2 different administrators about becoming a sponsor and are simply awaiting a response. As soon as this happens, I will be more than willing to answer any questions I can. We just don't want to cause any problems here.
Let me get this straight.....the admins have requested you not post specific info about your product ON YOUR WEBSITE?

Not only do you guys come off a a$$holes, but full of BS too.

You've been owned here and on G35Driver.com.

Now go do what you say you do and let the cars speak for themselves.

(BTW, I can think of a couple of members that have tracked their cars with vipers and z06's, a$$hole!)
Old 09-28-2005, 07:55 AM
ChicagoX

Originally Posted by VRT
The only one of these questions we are allowed to answer is about the dyno. Most of our runs are on various dynojets.
So you tune your high-HP cars on a non-load-based dyno? Niiiiice.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:25 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Let me get this straight.....the admins have requested you not post specific info about your product ON YOUR WEBSITE?

Not only do you guys come off a a$$holes, but full of BS too.

You've been owned here and on G35Driver.com.

Now go do what you say you do and let the cars speak for themselves.

(BTW, I can think of a couple of members that have tracked their cars with vipers and z06's, a$$hole!)

Hey guy. You can believe whatever you want to believe and I'm sorry you feel the way you do. Bottom line is we have BS'd about anything. Infact our cars do ALLOT more than they say they can in terms of HP but WHO CARES! Who cares about an 8 second dyno run. We're not dyno queens. To the guys that talk $hit about cars having 600+ Hp , take it out on the track and run it for 45 minutes straight ON THOSE DYNO SETTINGS you used to get those numbers .... and good luck. We have 600+ HP cars. Who cares. It means nothing. It's a number (which BTW is very easy to pad!) So Chicago, maybe you like different kinds of cars than the ones we're building but that does not give you the right to talk $hit about ours. They have already been track proven and are driven on a daily basis.

Can i see your Dyno numbers and your track time sheets?
That's what I tought.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:37 AM
vision619

So you tune your high-HP cars on a non-load-based dyno? Niiiiice.
Does this look like a non load bearing dyno?
We dyno on 3 different type's. When tuning we disconeect the Det sensor and use a load bearing dyno putting a load on and holdingat full throttle at different rpm's and tune until there is no more Det. Then re-connect the sensor. This way we are sure when we send out product, your car will not pull out timing because it's running lean or for any othe reason for that matter.

The other dyno you see here is just simply to get base line numbers.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by vision619; 01-14-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mike, I think everyone understands that some people build cars for the street, other for the drag strip, and others for the road course. 600whp is total overkill for a road course, and your times would likely be higher than a properly dialed-in car running 450whp.

That said, there are still lots of members that want to drive a monster 600whp car on the streets or the drag strip. From a roll, its very easy to scream away with a 600whp car. And with the proper drag setup, 10's are acheivable.

I just wanted to point out that you might build your cars for the road course, but not every customer wants that. BTW, you can't "pad" a time slip....the trap speed tells the story of WHP.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:40 AM
ChicagoX

I'm in the process of shopping around for a shop competent enough to build my $20,000 FI solution. VRT is not that shop. The whole “my d!ck is bigger than yours” attitude may fly for your penile-challenged customers, but I want a competent, reliable shop with a better attitude than: “F-you, we rule.”

Now you use a load-based dyno? Several posts above it was a Dynojet. Get your story straight.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:43 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Hey Mike, I think everyone understands that some people build cars for the street, other for the drag strip, and others for the road course. 600whp is total overkill for a road course, and your times would likely be higher than a properly dialed-in car running 450whp.

That said, there are still lots of members that want to drive a monster 600whp car on the streets or the drag strip. From a roll, its very easy to scream away with a 600whp car. And with the proper drag setup, 10's are acheivable.

I just wanted to point out that you might build your cars for the road course, but not every customer wants that. BTW, you can't "pad" a time slip....the trap speed tells the story of WHP.
Sharif, this is not Mike the Manager of VRT BTW. I am in a different department (NOT SALES).

600 is just a waste of power. I mean if you can put that dfown, your doing BIG things and hats off brotha! It's not easy to hit that. But other than drag??? You know what I mean. That would be dangerous on the streets and useless on the tracks.

But I hear what your saying!
Old 09-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharif, this is not Mike the Manager of VRT BTW. I am in a different department (NOT SALES).

600 is just a waste of power. I mean if you can put that dfown, your doing BIG things and hats off brotha! It's not easy to hit that. But other than drag??? You know what I mean. That would be dangerous on the streets and useless on the tracks.

But I hear what your saying!

But its soooo much from a roll...to see the look on that Z06, Viper, 911 Turbo..etc....when you PULL HARD away from him at a 40mph roll. The look is priceless.

You would be surprised at how well the car pulls in a straight line. It is extrememly stable and grippy. It's all about a proper setup, and a complete package. Wheels, tires, suspension, aftermarket LSD, axles...etc.

NO question, the car is hard to launch for a stand-still...but experienced drag racing guys are hitting 1.6 60ft times with DR's. I suck at drag racing, and dont pretend to be good at it. My 60ft times are about 1.9-2.0.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:55 AM
vision619

I'm in the process of shopping around for a shop competent enough to build my $20,000 FI solution. VRT is not that shop. The whole “my d!ck is bigger than yours” attitude may fly for your penile-challenged customers, but I want a competent, reliable shop with a better attitude than: “F-you, we rule.”

Now you use a load-based dyno? Several posts above it was a Dynojet. Get your story straight.

We use 3 different kinds and I have said that several times. Good luck with your build. It appears you are simply "throwing blows" for no apparant reason so I am done arguing with you. Do not expect a reply to any future posts.

Also, and i'm being serious. Good luck with your build man. I hope you find what you are looking for. As we have said in the past, we are straight up Nissan enthusiasts and LOVE the see 600+HP Z's buring down everyone else at the drag strips.

Also, yes we are confident! Do you want a guy looking at your car and your $20,000 check saying hmmm, I'm pretty sure I can do this? Or do you want a guy pointing at a stable of cars already done saying "we've got a small waiting list but your gonna LOVE your car when it's done". We're confident because we know what we are doing and we have proven it. Not cocky, confident.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:56 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
But its soooo much from a roll...to see the look on that Z06, Viper, 911 Turbo..etc....when you PULL HARD away from him at a 40mph roll. The look is priceless.

You would be surprised at how well the car pulls in a straight line. It is extrememly stable and grippy. It's all about a proper setup, and a complete package. Wheels, tires, suspension, aftermarket LSD, axles...etc.

NO question, the car is hard to launch for a stand-still...but experienced drag racing guys are hitting 1.6 60ft times with DR's. I suck at drag racing, and dont pretend to be good at it. My 60ft times are about 1.9-2.0.
I know exactly what you are saynig like when we pass these kinds of cars on the track. It's an awesome feeling isn't it!!!!! You know I know very little about drag racing. We should rap sometime about those applications. Seems to be very popular.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:07 AM
ChicagoX

Also, yes we are confident! Do you want a guy looking at your car and your $20,000 check saying hmmm, I'm pretty sure I can do this? Or do you want a guy pointing at a stable of cars already done saying "we've got a small waiting list but your gonna LOVE your car when it's done". We're confident because we know what we are doing and we have proven it. Not cocky, confident.
I've spoken with both Charles at CJ Motorsports, and Tuan at GRD since they are in my backyard, but I'm sure they haven't built the likes of your "stable." Oh, wait...they have.

According to my research, you've built what, five cars? Well, maybe four, as the first was done by Tim at Speedforceracing.

Good luck with your continuing "marketing" campaign.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:27 AM
theking

Please, for the love of god, stop! You had some valid things to say and now this brash comment. You guys are road racers and I can respect that. Let your work do the talking. Don't let your lips (or fingers in this case) do it. Best of luck to you. I look forward to seeing some of the cars you guys build.
....Or do you want a guy pointing at a stable of cars already done saying "we've got a small waiting list but your gonna LOVE your car when it's done". We're confident because we know what we are doing and we have proven it. Not cocky, confident.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:29 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by theking
Please, for the love of god, stop! You had some valid things to say and now this brash comment. You guys are road racers and I can respect that. Let your work do the talking. Don't let your lips (or fingers in this case) do it. Best of luck to you. I look forward to seeing some of the cars you guys build.
Your right!
See ya at the track!!! ... Oh wait, that's right. No one ever shows up.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:50 AM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I dont understand the attitude. If VRT is so great whats with the attitude? Usualy people that come out swinging like this are trying to make up for something.

Quick Reply: VRT - Z Roadster