Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

VRT - Z Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 09:18 PM
VRT
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VRT - Z Roadster

This Z may look familiar?

Some of you are Right and Some of You are WRONG. A year ago, this Z started to be built by Speed Force Racing. After 8 months of waiting for their R & D (it was the first Z they ever built) SFR handed to VRT a prototype / One off kit with a built motor. VRT personally hired Tim Richards, who is awesome BTW, to design the kit for a Z.

The Z made great power on the Dyno, did car shows, track days, and work fine until the piston squirter broke due to the engine build and the motor ceased because the squirter wedged between rod #2 and the cylinder wall at normal start-up and not under any stress.

In the event, we decided to abondon the kit to be our chosen source of power and adopted a new relationship with world renowned JWT, Jim Wolf Technologies.

Here are the pictures of the same Z, yet please notice this isn't an SFR built car, but a VRT built car, as we are proud to be powered by JWTs turbo kit, which is not yet available to the public, but soon to come.

IMPORTANT:
We would like to offer the original SFR kit up for Sale to you members to the highest bidder. If you do purchase the kit from us direct, we would encourage you to contact Tim at SFR to install the kit. They are the best qualified for the job because it is their kit. Tim is great to work with and is an awesome tuner.

If you want to buy the kit, email me at info@violentracing.com

Michael
Manager
VRT, LLC
Attached Thumbnails VRT - Z Roadster-front_intercooler.jpg   VRT - Z Roadster-front.jpg   VRT - Z Roadster-new_z_motor_close.jpg   VRT - Z Roadster-new_z_side.jpg  
Old 09-15-2005, 10:53 PM
reyes5912

How much for the JWT kit and how much HP out the box?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:29 PM
2slow4me1990

hey mike it's pat. i knoe you're just advertising youre kit but the admins might get mad because youre not a sponser man. might wanna look into becoming a sponser. hell, these boards are how i first found you guys.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:16 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by 2slow4me1990
hey mike it's pat. i knoe you're just advertising youre kit but the admins might get mad because youre not a sponser man. might wanna look into becoming a sponser. hell, these boards are how i first found you guys.
Disgregard my comments if I am wrong, but it seems as you are an employee or just trying to help these guys promote their shop. VRT came on this site a few days ago (actaully started posting), and in one thread you became a fanboy and are even willing to ship or drive you car several hundreds miles and spends lots of money with them. If you are about to spend that much money on your car you don't make a decision like that based on one thread. Again, forgive me if I wrong, but it just seems fishy.

I don't take away anything from VRT's cars, but their full out marketing campaign they have started on the G35 and 350z boards is a patehic cry of how hard they are trying to validate themselves.

VRT,

Don't try so hard! If your cars as a bad **** as you say they are the business will come with out having to post about your shop like a bunch of ******.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:49 AM
theking

+1
Originally Posted by Gman2004
I don't take away anything from VRT's cars, but their full out marketing campaign they have started on the G35 and 350z boards is a patehic cry of how hard they are trying to validate themselves.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:09 PM
2slow4me1990

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Disgregard my comments if I am wrong, but it seems as you are an employee or just trying to help these guys promote their shop. VRT came on this site a few days ago (actaully started posting), and in one thread you became a fanboy and are even willing to ship or drive you car several hundreds miles and spends lots of money with them. If you are about to spend that much money on your car you don't make a decision like that based on one thread. Again, forgive me if I wrong, but it just seems fishy.

VRT,

Don't try so hard! If your cars as a bad **** as you say they are the business will come with out having to post about your shop like a bunch of ******.
actually, a person on here referred me to them, and after talking to mike on the phone, and thinking about who else i could let do work on my car, i felt VRT was a good company and am willing to give them a chance. everyone deserves a chance or two. i did not base my info on "just a thread". And their posting is not a pathetic cry but i am just telling mike that he should become a sponser if he wants to advertise on this board because the admin might get mad. Everyone thinks that they are a rip off or just another company but have no info to support that? they have worked on several vq35's and all of them have become 400+ hp DAILY DRIVERS and work correctly and safely.
-pat
Old 09-16-2005, 04:35 PM
taurran

Is that a big rubber heat shield on the right side?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:51 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by taurran
Is that a big rubber heat shield on the right side?
Yes. It is a heat shield. It actually is quite affective in letting only cold air in to aspirate the engine.

Web site sponsorship and banner add is soon to be aquired. Thanks.

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 09-16-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:00 PM
VR3

What are the details on the JWT TT kit, other than what we've read on SportZ Mag and SPEED Mag? EMU? Fuel control? Tune-ablity? Install time?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by VRT

In the event, we decided to abondon the kit to be our chosen source of power and adopted a new relationship with world renowned JWT, Jim Wolf Technologies.
Most shops that I have asked that have experience with Jim Wolf don't have much positive things to say about him. just what I have heard, it is from more than one shop, and not specific to the 350z products.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:23 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

Man.....a real shop, doesnt need to advertise 5 times a day on a forum, there work speaks for them! im so sick of hearing VRT, jesus christ, any shop that can build a motor and tune, can do what you guys do!You guys act like your a car dealership for Z's Now if you give a 3 year engine warranty, your in a different class, but i dont see that. Geez...quit spamming on here..BTW..how much for some VRT approroved vasoline???

Last edited by BoOsTedz33TT; 09-16-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:29 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Smile

Hello Pat, the sponsor thing (on this website and others) is being checked on and acquired. Thanx. SCOTT
Old 09-16-2005, 06:37 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Web site sponsorship and banner add is soon to be aquired. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:00 PM
kjbalto

JWT has built quite a strong name with Nissans. I've always heard nothing but good things about JWT from my friends who have 300zx's. In fact, anyone who owned a 300zx that's modded almost had to have used JWT.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:21 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by BoOsTedz33TT
Man.....a real shop, doesnt need to advertise 5 times a day on a forum, there work speaks for them! im so sick of hearing VRT, jesus christ, any shop that can build a motor and tune, can do what you guys do!You guys act like your a car dealership for Z's Now if you give a 3 year engine warranty, your in a different class, but i dont see that. Geez...quit spamming on here..BTW..how much for some VRT approroved vasoline???

We have yet to "Adverstise" anything except a SFR Kit for sale. And if you are sick of hearing about VRT I would soon stop reading your favorite turbo magazines as well
Old 09-16-2005, 10:10 PM
COJ_General

Its getting kinda old that everyone goes ahead and starts bashing people for getting their name out...who knows, maybe they are new...but regardless they have dealt with a few VQs and so far I am pretty impressed. I mean, all these comments are reminding me of all the crap EVERYONE gave to Alphawerks for their headers! And now look...their power gains were true...but the only way for them to have gotten the respect from alot of people on the forum was to advertise. so let them advertise...whether it be their products or shop. A few people will eventually get reviews for them and then everyone can make their decision. But seriously its pretty sad that nobody gives new comers a chance. So back to the topic, good luck VRT and I look forward to seeing the good work you guys do!
Old 09-17-2005, 06:27 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In fairness to the other sponsors, you should try this thread again after Vic and Kyle approve your sponsorship. I think you will get a much warmer response.

I have a lot of respect for all the vendors on this site...and will extend the same respect when you become a sponsor. Hell, I buy from and sell to many of them. But we are all paying a lot of money to be a sponsor on this board..... Best of luck.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:28 AM
VRT
Banned

Originally Posted by COJ_General
Its getting kinda old that everyone goes ahead and starts bashing people for getting their name out...who knows, maybe they are new...but regardless they have dealt with a few VQs and so far I am pretty impressed. I mean, all these comments are reminding me of all the crap EVERYONE gave to Alphawerks for their headers! And now look...their power gains were true...but the only way for them to have gotten the respect from alot of people on the forum was to advertise. so let them advertise...whether it be their products or shop. A few people will eventually get reviews for them and then everyone can make their decision. But seriously its pretty sad that nobody gives new comers a chance. So back to the topic, good luck VRT and I look forward to seeing the good work you guys do!
COJ, Thank you for your comments. We have sent inquiries to several individuals on obtaining sponsorship here and are awaiting a response.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:39 AM
kjbalto

VRT, so your base kit you're using is the JWT kit and you're getting 500+whp out of it? I thought JWT even said the turbos in their kit are good for 530bhp which is about 440 to the wheels? I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just interested to see if this kit can really push it to that level and what is needed besides the base kit to do this. How many lbs of boost are you running on this kit and how easy is it to turn it up? I've been patiently waiting for the JWT to be released so I would appreciate it if you can tell us as much as possible about it. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:21 AM
2slow4me1990

Originally Posted by COJ_General
+1

Quick Reply: VRT - Z Roadster