Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Single Turbo Kit by Eternal Motorsports for the G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:36 AM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theking
On the Z/G these are the only places that make sense. So I wouldn't call it copying. I just wish that the single turbo kits would put the maf pre-turbo cause this would help with proper metering. I guess their just isn't a place for it although you could make a harness extension and put it down by the filter.
APS did not place their turbo there .
Old 09-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Cronic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can max it out below 4000rpms. It reads 5.115v at max.
What size is the housing the maf sits in? I have to go look at my car as i am not even sure which style maf thse cars run.

So the ecu goes into limp mode, when the maf is maxed?

D-
Old 09-27-2005, 11:41 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by cloudy
APS did not place their turbo there .
APS also has to run a scavenging bilge pump to cycle oil out of the turbocharger. gg smoking turbo
Old 09-27-2005, 11:45 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Cronic
What size is the housing the maf sits in? I have to go look at my car as i am not even sure which style maf thse cars run.

D-
I think its 3+" ID...I would have to check to be sure. Yes if the MAF craps itself above the max input voltage the ECU freaks and wont let you rev above like 2500 RPMs. Remember that peak input voltage for the MAF N/A is somewhere in the 3 range on volts so you are talking about the ECU seeing 2 volts above the typical max.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:51 AM
theking

The maf is a hotwire type. It's either 75 or 90mm. I can't remember which. You could run a lightning or cobra MAF(JWT website has the specific model you need). This would help but those will be pretty easy to max out as well once you get over 500whp if you use a blow through method. If the ECU sees higher than 4.84 volts before ~4700 rpms it will go into limp mode.

D-
Old 09-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Cronic

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I think its 3+" ID...I would have to check to be sure. Yes if the MAF craps itself above the max input voltage the ECU freaks and wont let you rev above like 2500 RPMs. Remember that peak input voltage for the MAF N/A is somewhere in the 3 range on volts so you are talking about the ECU seeing 2 volts above the typical max.
Increasing the size of the housing it sits in should scale the maf voltage down. On subrus the stock maf housing is 60mm, by running a 70-75mm housing the maf voltage drops quite a bit, gives a decent amount of headroom. There are a few companies who market this product for the scoob. The good thing is even when pegged at 5.0 there is no limp mode etc. On my 35r i was hitting 5v at 4krpm at only 12 psi.lol I was running 20 on pump 91, and 33 on c16.

I think once the utec is out if full force, it will be a great tuning option for alot of us.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Cronic

The maf is a hotwire type. It's either 75 or 90mm. I can't remember which. You could run a lightning or cobra MAF(JWT website has the specific model you need). This would help but those will be pretty easy to max out as well once you get over 500whp if you use a blow through method. If the ECU sees higher than 4.84 volts before ~4700 rpms it will go into limp mode.

Good to know. Thanks! I may start playing with some different things. I wish there were some locals with ST set-ups.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:06 PM
theking

The more people that mess with these motors and ecu the better. Support from the "big" tuners has been minimal to date.(Not including SGP, CP, Sharif, etc.)
Good to know. Thanks! I may start playing with some different things. I wish there were some locals with ST set-ups.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Really how much is a GT35R. I know the 60-1 with T4 turbine side is over $1700 just for the turbo. Do you have any flow data on that Tial 44 mm gate that I could compare to the Evolution BTW?
I just bought a SC61 for 780 shipped its supposed to spool up just as fast at a gt35r

Last edited by MI 35th; 09-28-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Cronic

Originally Posted by MI 35th
I just bought a SC61 for 780 shipped its supposed to spool up just as fast at a gt35r
Sc61 is a great turbo also, non bb. Who did you get it from PTE?
Old 10-08-2005, 12:19 PM
damen

well i'll be heading up to east harford, conn. either tonight or tomorrow morning. the Uni-chip will be installed and tuned at XXTuning. i'm hoping for 400hp. i really don't need much more than that. i think they are going to tune for two maps 6psi and 10psi. of boost. i know that they are going to tune on a dynapak but, they have a mustang dyno also. wish me luck guys.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:12 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Damen...Good luck with the uni-chip install/tuning. The kit looks great man..It'll be interesting to follow the progress of this kit over the next year or so...Is the intent to bring this kit to market as a commercially available item? If so, I hope that they are able to work on the pricing to make it competitive with the existing offerings. If not, they'll need to come up with some unique selling points to set their product apart....

Can't wait to see your dyno graphs!!! You gonna have your beast at the last mega-meet of the year?
Old 10-08-2005, 09:15 PM
damen

Originally Posted by kcobean
Hey Damen...Good luck with the uni-chip install/tuning. The kit looks great man..It'll be interesting to follow the progress of this kit over the next year or so...Is the intent to bring this kit to market as a commercially available item? If so, I hope that they are able to work on the pricing to make it competitive with the existing offerings. If not, they'll need to come up with some unique selling points to set their product apart....

Can't wait to see your dyno graphs!!! You gonna have your beast at the last mega-meet of the year?
thanks for the good luck kelly, and i think everything should turn out ok.
the intent is to sell the kit as a commercial item. i don't control the pricing but, i feel confident that it will be competitive with the unique points. and yes i do plan on being at the last mega meet.

Last edited by damen; 10-08-2005 at 09:18 PM.